It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been thinking about the fact that I am going to die sooner than later.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am about to become 68 years old.

Death is way closer than I remember.

But I am starting to look at death in a much less fearful way. It is a significant step, but it is not the only step.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
seems we tend to ignore death when we are younger then start seeing people having health problems and dying. Then we start to worry about death for a while. Then when we see it isn't going to happen till it happens, we stop fearing it again and accept the inevitable. I worry more about the wife dying and leaving me here alone than dying myself. My Ex-wife will probably start hounding me again trying to get me to give our daughter money. My ex seems to buy my daughter things she doesn't need all the time, never things they need. I help her with things she needs if she asks me for help, my Ex throws junk her way she paid way too much for.

So, I am going to keep my wife healthy so I do not have to put up with the ex hounding me.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Should be interesting. Might be nothing. Happens to everyone... Let's hope it's relatively painless for us all.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

My strangest sensation at turning 70 a couple of months ago was in thinking back to the stuff I did when I was a young man and realizing that it didn't happen 40 years ago, but 50.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I have a persistent constant fear of death, something I really should take in hand. When you start seeing friends you went to school with dying and all your family bar one is gone, its worrying. It genuinely keeps me up at night. I have soooo much I still want to do

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Some people think death is just the start.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
My so and I are dealing with this with the remaining living parents now. While chances are higher with age of course, non of us are immune, young or old.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I'm not that old but sometimes I feel the same. I found the best thing to do is start a bucket list.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
just try to be at peace with the world before you go. That's all I really want to do when my time comes, for we all must leave this world eventually. Just love easy, and forgive your enemies, and negativity. as The great Bill hicks once said, 'life is just a ride' enjoy it as best you can

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Sometimes the thought of my death really excites me.But I have a 11 to son and so for his sake I hope I can be here one decade more at least.After he has become an adult I won't have to worry about leaving one of my kids while they still need me desperately to be around.I have no fear of moving on.My only fear is being forced to reincarnate here on Earth again.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Kids always need you...mine are 34 28 and 20....they're still kids when they come home
and I think that's the bit that worries me about dying....leaving them alone

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I'm with you there,after Dr appointments and being told they can't help me and I'll be on pain management rest of my life,so no big deal to me,I just don't want to be a burden on my kids,I had a lot of fun growing up,doesn't sound that fun growing old

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I'm with you there,after Dr appointments and being told they can't help me and I'll be on pain management rest of my life,so no big deal to me,I just don't want to be a burden on my kids,I had a lot of fun growing up,doesn't sound that fun growing old

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

You've lived a longer life than many, were all on deaths list.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

It's good that your fear is subsiding. I'm not sure what's waiting for us >over there but, we're going so it's best to not be afraid I think.
I'm trying to look at getting older in the sense that a new life is beginning. Once my children are settled and on their own, my new and exciting journeys can begin. One must stay healthy and active for that to work though so, fighting against the aging process is key.
Congratulations on making it as far as you have. I hope I've got another 20 years, at least, in me!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I feel you man. I'm 39 and I think about it a lot and it scares me. I wish I could be the type that is at peace with it but I'm not.
What scares me the most is I know my wife and daughter will miss me and I don't want them to be alone and the unknown. That freaks me out. My gut tells me it is all a big nothing. It will be just like when I was in utero. I don't remember so it can't be that bad. But I can't know for sure
Another life? Sounds awesome on the surface but without my wife and daughter that's a different type of torture. Will I know it's another life? Is there hell? Am I going? If so #in bring it I just want to know what to expect. I can handle anything if I have time to prepare. Worst pain imaginable? I can deal with it just don't spring it on me.
Yeah man. I'm scared
edit on 7-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

We're not all that many years apart...Lots of issues medically myself, yet still work ER medical response...and will until I fall down.

Youre still around for some reason...if you dont know why or can't figure it out? Maybe it's that we're still here to benefit someone else in our lives and we may not even have met them yet.

1. Make the most out of each day
2. Learn one new thing however small every day too
3. Help at least 1 person if only to open a door...
4. Dont be too hard on yourself when you make a mistake..invariably we all do

Im an organ donor so if Ive done nothing significant in own life...maybe in the end...I can prolong another's.

We're here today...and just that? Its another chance to stop and smell the roses....its all good...

Peace, Love n Light.....MS

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It is better to regret things you have done than things you haven't done.
See you on the other side.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'm 31 years old. At this stage in my life I want to find happiness before I find death, in your life I hope you have happiness.
"
death isn't the light going out, its extinguishing the candle because the sun has risen."
Unknown author

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join