It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do NOT reply to this post!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Well that's rather underwhelming that nothing happens when you reply, I was expecting mayhem and anarchy

If staff issues a warning you will know it. Thats different. Even then, they will clarify for you. They want us to understand the site TnCs so they don't have to intervene as much.

If you've never gotten either then you are exemplary.

I applaud you...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Tell me I'm not going insane and you all notice this too ?

your insane...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just letting you know, I only read the title, I have not read the OP, nor Have I read any other comments in this thread.

Your welcome.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

seriously though, refresh the page and the colour changes

a reply to: intrptr

Thanks, I'm only 99% sure I've not been warned though, I think I'd remember if I was

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I have sent them a pm.. .not a reply

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The answer to "Why?" for our statement of "Do not reply to this post." is:

Because it would be off topic.

It's that simple.

When we give a warning in a thread (what we call a PSA or Public Service Announcement), it's for many different reasons:

1) The thread is drifting off topic or is being derailed, we use a PSA to ask everyone to get back on topic.

2) People have gotten out of hand, emotions running high, insults flying around, etc. We use a PSA to warn everyone to calm down.

3) A thread that is political in nature, but NOT in the Political Mud Pit forum has members acting like it is in the PMP. We use a PSA to warn everyone that it's not in the PMP.

This is a good point to put out something too:

Many times someone will have a post removed after the PSA, and then will complain to us that their post was removed, but not others......and those others were all before the PSA or warning. That's the "why" those post may not have been removed. Because it was so bad before the warning, removing all the posts would make the thread look like swiss cheese.

But the main reason for "Do not reply to this post" is because the PSA is not the topic of the thread, therefore replying to the PSA would be off topic.....and we'd have to remove the post.

edit on 6/6/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

If it's posted in thread it's not automated. That is put in there to keep people from replying to our post and dragging the thread off topic.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Workaround for the automatic disable of the quote and reply button on post.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So you guys copy & paste it yourselves then ?

a reply to: eriktheawful

Thanks for the in depth answer

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The message posted in thread is written at the time. It changes based on the problems we see in thread. Sometimes it's a friendly little reminder, other times its more harsh. It all depends on the thread.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That must be a pain.

Do you guys keep statistics on warnings and such ?

Would be interesting to know if you do keep stats what trends you have on the amount of warnings given in a year and posters banned etc as it seems like in this half year there's been a lot of warnings issued

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I must be getting old.
I saw the words "Do not reply to this post", and obviously I've been reading it as "Do not reply to this message", so I was thinking of something else entirely.
Sorry, OP. Barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Nah, we don't really pay attention to that sort of thing. We really prefer not to give warnings and will try really hard not to ban someone. We don't like doing that, but it happens.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Pfft, those in the know know what happens when you reply to a Do Not Reply mod post.

They send their Shadow People henchmen to steal your soul & arrange for the Greys to come get your for probing purposes afterward. Not worth it man, replying to a DNR post. Not even once.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Yeah I noticed some seasoned members getting banned, some surprisingly.

Can I ask what is reasoning behind deleting a post that gets a user banned ?

Has it ever been considered to leave it up with an addendum added to it that if user insist on writing in such a way it will result in a ban for them also ?

I'm looking at it from the point of view of if people don't see the mistakes others make, then they can't learn until they make the mistake themselves, I think it would be educational and also I'm nosey and curious what gets them banned lol

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'm afraid not.

The reason for why someone gets banned is between staff and that user. It's a privacy thing.

Sometimes we have banned members come back, and we don't want the onus of why they were banned in the first place to hang over their heads by all the other users knowing.

Basically follow the ATS Terms and Conditions and you should be golden.

Don't post copyrighted material without sourcing and giving credit.
Don't call each other really bad names (even in the Mud Pit, personal insults are a no-no. Political insults are accepted...but ONLY there).
Don't politically troll outside of the PMP
Cooperate with staff.
Don't get ugly with staff....we just don't have the time and energy for it.

Don't get mad. Seriously.....remember that everything here is just pixels on a screen.
If you do get mad: TAKE A BREAK. LOG OFF. GO GET SOME COOKIES....anything to help you calm down.

Remember: You don't need to hit that reply button right away. THINK about what you are about to post.

Hoaxing: we all get fooled from time to time. That's okay. However: trying to fool people on the other hand is never a good idea on here....THAT will get you in trouble.

No recruiting: Be careful about trying to recruit people for anything....that includes petitions.

No drunk posting: seriously.....you might wake up the next day regretting it.

Pretty much just common sense.

edit on 6/6/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: intrptr

I've never had a post removed (I think) maybe a mod can correct me, I follow the rules very closely on the edge at times but enough to not get told off.

www.abovetopsecret.com... the last post on that page.

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

You don't happen to know what I said do you ? I'm genuinely curious

I claim innocence though, if I didn't claim it back then, I am no political baiter

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Many many times the post isn't what gets them banned. If I remove a post as off topic, let's say you replied to a post that was removed, and you send me a message calling me every name in the book and saying what idiots the staff are, and how we're all biased and out to get you, then chances are you're not sticking around. But the post wasn't the reason you were banned, so leaving it up doesn't do any good, and invites replies to it that will drag the thread off topic more.

Nine times out of ten, it's behind the scenes stuff that results in banning, not the actual post in question.
edit on 6/6/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Why would you want to reply to the mods actions or posts in any particular thread? If you have an issue, PM them. They will respond and answer any questions you may have, within their ability, of course.

Most mods are reasonable to deal with. Except for Zaphod. He's ruthless...(don't taze me bro).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join