It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do NOT reply to this post!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
When the mods say what the title of this thread is about

Do any of you wonder what would happen if you dared reply to them ?

Have any of you ever done the deed and lived to tell the tale ?

I bet none of you can say you haven't had the cheeky thought of hitting "Reply" with a "why ?"

This isn't a trick so don't worry if you think the mods will hunt you down for replying to their "Do NOT reply to this post!!" here, it's completely safe

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Thats a hold over message from older times.

From experience. They love to hear from you, take the time and at least admit you were mistaken or thank them when they give you an applause.

If you plan on contesting about why your post was removed , the reaction might be different.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Whatever you do... DO NOT think of the color purple. DON'T DO IT!!! DO NOT THINK OF THE COLOR PURPLE.

Oops. You thought of the color purple, didn't you? Tsk-tsk.

OK, well, your punishment is to suffer the same fate as those who dare reply to a mod who so clearly said "Do NOT reply to this post."

Wait to find out what that punishment is.

Just keep waiting.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I've never had a post removed (I think) maybe a mod can correct me, I follow the rules very closely on the edge at times but enough to not get told off.

But every time I see that Mod comment, I really want to ask "why" not because I'm curious what will happen, but because of the rebel inside me

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here is a do not reply post that I am going to reply to because I can

I really have nothing other than that to say, this made me feeeeelllll soooo goood

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It means the message is automated, and nobody will ever see any direct reply that you send.
It will have been sent in the name of the Mod who clicked the relevant button, so the best way of communicating is to make contact with that person.
Just not by using the reply button onthat post, because it would be a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

But what if I'm in cahoots with the mods and set up a honeypot thread ?

Bet you're worried now!!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

I've never had a post removed (I think) maybe a mod can correct me, I follow the rules very closely on the edge at times but enough to not get told off.

But every time I see that Mod comment, I really want to ask "why" not because I'm curious what will happen, but because of the rebel inside me

Woooh, you never had a post removed. You definitely are living in a box. I suppose this post will be removed shortly.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Do you know this because you've actually dared reply or because the question has been asked in the past ?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This is the stupidest thread I have ever read.

Do not reply to this post!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've seen the explanation being given in the past.
I suppose if I had experimented, the result would have been a deafening silence, which would have told me nothing.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Do you get notified via PM ?

I've only ever had 3 PM's since the board update and only 1 was from a mod moving a thread

Before the update (was there an update or am I just imagining it) I'm sure I had PM's but again no warnings

Maybe the mods have a naughty list ?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If you reply your computer bleeds from every port.

And a doorway to the outer darkness opens up.

Through the doorway a decaying zombie cyborg velociraptor steps through and quickly gores you.

Yet you will not die the velociraptors saliva has nanites that keep repairing your body so the the zombie cyborg dinosaur can eviscerate you over and over.

There is a terrible price to be paid for responding.

Its best you do not pay the price.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Do you get notified via PM ?

I've only ever had 3 PM's since the board update and only 1 was from a mod moving a thread

Before the update (was there an update or am I just imagining it) I'm sure I had PM's but again no warnings

Maybe the mods have a naughty list ?

Yeah, they send you a PM. Just like they do when you get applause. I get a few posts removed as off topic now and then.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Dontreadonme will not only answer your question she will go out of her way to give you links to further explain her actions.
And she's not mean.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

So the reply isn't the mod typing a reply but an automated response replacing the post it has deleted ?

I always assumed the mod comes into the thread, deletes the off topic, racist, trolling comments and then adds in his own reply with a copy & paste of what is written.

I thought we could reply to them, never knew the reply just vanishes into the virtual abyss

Then no I've never had a warning I'm well behaved whilst tightrope walking on that very thin line

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Like Disraeli said, its an automated message, you won't get banned if you reply back. But try to reply to the mod that took the action, not admin (where the message was generated).

Like I said they usually take time to respond if you need clarification. Most members have posts removed from time to time (my bad), par for the course.

Thats how you learn.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You had nine applauses so you got nine notifications from a mod that told you you got an applause.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Dontreadonme will not only answer your question she will go out of her way to give you links to further explain her actions.
And she's not mean.

Dontreadonme is actually pretty knowledgeable about quite a bit of stuff.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Well that's rather underwhelming that nothing happens when you reply, I was expecting mayhem and anarchy

Yes but they're not there any more, I remember seeing them in my inbox ages ago but I don't remember deleting them

It was back when ATS had just introduced the video uploader thingy that was trying to copy youtube and we had all the podcasts and such but now seems to be gone, a long with all my PM's from back then

Here's another question though, why the hell do the emoticons keep changing colour ? Sometimes they'll be yellow, sometimes a greeny/cyanish colour and other times grey ? Tell me I'm not going insane and you all notice this too ?
edit on 6/6/17 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join