It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

49 shot in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend — and that's a sign of progress

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: xuenchen

So you pick and choose which statistics you want to care about. At least you admit your bias, not sure that's a good thing though.

What statistics ?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

Take a look at this.

For those who don't want to click, it shows that whites have committed 3 times as many mass murders as black people since 1982.

Does that statistic mean anything at all to you?

White folks (non-hispanic) are 62% of the US population. Blacks are around 13%. It tells me the number of white mass shootings track with their population. In other words, it is completely obvious that the majority population would also commit the majority of mass shootings.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Yet they still commit more rape and and mass murders than any other race regardless of their percentage. Where is the outrage over white people committing mass murders and rape?

You turn a blind eye to white people but are quick to call out black people. Why is that?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don't know that there is a solution. It'd take more than a few comments in a thread on an internet forum to develop one. But I do know this.

More of the same thing that has never worked yet won't work now.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

That was my next question too, in regards to your OP. This thread is pointless, the statistics in the OP don't matter because I don't want to acknowledge them. What statistics?

If it's ok for you to pick and choose what statistics matter then so can I.
edit on 5/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yet they still commit more rape and and mass murders than any other race regardless of their percentage. Where is the outrage over white people committing mass murders and rape?

You turn a blind eye to white people but are quick to call out black people. Why is that?

Have you ever taken a rudimentary statistics class?

White folks commit crimes at a level that is representative of their population. If the majority of the population is white, then in most cases, they are also going to represent the majority of crime offenders.

The issue with the black community is that we are OVER REPRESENTED based on our population numbers.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Okay, so guns are a problem. What are you going to do?

Mandatory buy-back? Criminals aren't going to turn in their guns because they're suddenly illegal-er.

Go door to door searching houses? Good luck.

I know, magic!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

That was my next question too, in regards to your OP. This thread is pointless, the statistics in the OP don't matter because I don't want to acknowledge them. What statistics?

If it's ok for you to pick and choose what statistics matter then so can I.

LOL

Congratulations.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Where is the outrage over white people committing mass murder and rape though? You seem so ready to call out black people but don't acknowledge white people in the same vein. Why is that?

If murder is bad it should be bad for all races, to act outraged over one demographic doing it over another isn't very fair.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Go to 3 Chicago neighborhoods (White / Black / Hispanic) extract 100 adult males, ages 20-30, from each. In which of the 3 groups will you find the most individuals who have either committed a violent crime, or been the victim of a violent crime?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Where is the outrage over white people committing mass murder and rape though? You seem so ready to call out black people but don't acknowledge white people in the same vein. Why is that?

If murder is bad it should be bad for all races, to act outraged over one demographic doing it over another isn't very fair.

I'm outraged !!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Why do you think there is no outrage over rape and murder committed by whites?

The topic of the OP is Chicago violent crime. Factually speaking, you cannot discuss Chicago crime without pointing out it's concentration in the black community. If 80% of perpetrators are black, then we can't ignore that fact because you get butt hurt and it doesn't fit a narrative.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Did you know that white people commit mass murder and rape just like black people do? I know, crazy, but we shouldn't be outraged about the white people doing it, only the black people because.... well just because.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So why are you so focused on skin color? Crime is crime regardless of skin color. Black people are people just like white people are people, we're all people. Those who focus on race are small-minded in my opinion. That goes for any race doing it not just white or black people.

But hey, let's keep focusing on skin color because it's important for some reason.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

So why are you so focused on skin color? Crime is crime regardless of skin color. Black people are people just like white people are people, we're all people. Those who focus on race are small-minded in my opinion. That goes for any race doing it not just white or black people.

But hey, let's keep focusing on skin color because it's important for some reason.

You are demonstrating why the violence issue will never be solved. Facts are racist and therefore must be ignored for fear of being butt hurt.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Acting like skin color matters (for whatever reason) is racist actually. I never disputed the facts you brought up, I only compared them to white people because you seem to put so much emphasis on skin color.

"Fact" is white people commit crime just like black people or any other race does. What does that mean? Crime is not limited to any specific skin color but is in fact perpetrated by all ethnicities. To focus solely on one skin color is in fact racist whether you want to admit it or not.

Am I saying you disrespect every black person you come by our assume they are thugs or automatically dislike them? No, but your focus on one skin color in regards to crime does say something.

If you only go after one race in regards to stopping the "violence issue" then you are neglecting the thousands of other cases perpetrated by other ethnicities.

(post by Mandroid7 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Did you know that white people commit mass murder and rape just like black people do? I know, crazy, but we shouldn't be outraged about the white people doing it, only the black people because.... well just because.

You should be "outraged" over all senseless murders. That's HEALTHY!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Wow, this might be one of the most racist comments I've ever read on here. Good job, you deserve a medal. I'll get it to you in white gold since you seem to like that color so much.

Did you know that white people commit crime too?

*GASP*

I know, very shocking but it's true. Who wants to combat crime as a whole regardless of skin color though? Not me I say, we should put all focus on black crime and ignore white crime because... well just because.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Chicago saw a decrease in shootings over the Memorial Day weekend ...

Only 49 shooting and 5 killings !!

Last year had 7 killings !!

Progress by any standard !!

49 shot in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend — and that's a sign of progress

CHICAGO — The grim tally of 49 shot over Memorial Day weekend, historically one of the most violent times of the year here, is oddly the latest sign the city may be turning a corner in the fight against gun violence.

Five people were killed and 44 wounded in shootings between Friday evening and Monday night, an improvement over last year's total of 7 killed and 61 injured.

The decrease highlights the slow progress police say they’ve made in the first five months of the year to reduce Chicago’s stubbornly high murder rate through technology that helps commanders better deploy street cops.

As of Tuesday morning, Chicago has recorded 235 murders so far this year, compared to 244 for the same time period in 2016. Shooting incidents have dropped more significantly to 1,047 compared to 1,222 last year, according to police department data.

Well...in history, millions more have been killed with blunt objects or swords than any instrument of death....so until guns surpass history, I'll keep on carrying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join