It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Communications Director Resigns as Shake-Up Begins

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
So Mr. Trump has said that his administration is a fine-tuned machine. What he failed to mention is that parts keep falling off. Is there a warranty on this POS? It should be recalled before someone gets hurt.

You know, I can't read the warranty. It's in this strange script.
Almost like a different alphabet...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
There were "secret communications" through back channels between the US and Soviet Union through much of the cold war. The new red scare is ridiculous.

HALF CORRECT...There were Non-Public back-channel communications between US and Russian officials..

There was NOT "Back-Channel" "Secret Communications" between a Presidential Aide acting on behalf of the President looking to keep communications SECRET FROM THE US GOVERNMENT...

And insanely asking to use the Russian Embassies Crypto Communications system to specifically prevent US Intelligence Agencies/US Government from monitoring the communications..

And Secretly tasking a murdering mercenary like Erik Prince to secretly meet with Russian Reps in the UAE to discuss a lifting of sanctions in trade for the US backing off on Syria..

A Presidential aide having Russian communications "SECRET" FROM the US government is called something different than the US Government having secret Communications with another Government...

I think one is called back-channel clarification and de-escalation...

The other is called Treason or Espionage..

edit on 30-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: carewemust
SEAN SPICER is next. Press briefings will become more "jovial".. as in "You Guys are a Joke" jovial.

Exactly. Trump needs someone who can laugh off the MSM idiots. And make it clear that that's exactly what he doing.

I don't think there is much laughing in the WH now. Poor Sean look like a deer in the headlights. It's just a transparent ruse until poor Sean is thrown under the bus and he knows it. Believe me....

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

To be fair most of those communications were between the CIA and the KGB and it was because both had people in the agencies that were trying to prevent WW3 from going hot with nuclear weapons.

It wasn't until after the Spy v Spy days of the eighties that the US and the Soviets had a truly open diplomatic relationship. And look how long that's lasted. Russia believes they have been treated unfairly since the end of the Cold War. Nato has continued to expand specifically because Russia as we know it today is seen as the successor to Soviet Communism. Putin doesn't help this. He's a KGB intelligence alumni. Even through out his roll as President and during his years as Prime Minister... being a KGB operative isn't something that just goes away.

The distrust is well established and long running. They have never been our friends and they will never be our allies.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Where in the OP does it say Trump's Communication Director resigned because of Trump's most recent tweets?

What causation are you seeing that you take issue with?

It doesn't. Where in the OP does the mention of tweets have anything to do with the Director resigning? Why is it even in there, or the linked article?

There is no causation....that is my point.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The causation was that it was mentioned in the article used as source for the thread. As the is the communications director and there are some on going investigations into White House and prior campaign communications I stand by quoting it in the OP.

Next time I'll use the Fox version of the exact same story. We can bypass the whole thing about what POTUS decides to Tweet. Better yet, I'll start a POTUS Tweets thread in the mud pit. We can all have a field day with them there.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Indigo5

Where in the OP does it say Trump's Communication Director resigned because of Trump's most recent tweets?

What causation are you seeing that you take issue with?

It doesn't. Where in the OP does the mention of tweets have anything to do with the Director resigning? Why is it even in there, or the linked article?

There is no causation....that is my point.

Well...If you acknowledge the OP doesn't claim there is a causation between the Presidents most recent tweets and the Communications Director resigning...

But that is what you have been arguing vehemently doesn't exist, whilst not discussing the actual OP?

I believe that is called a straw man? Where you invent a claim that wasn't made and spend time railing against it?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

SEAN SPICER is next. Press briefings will become more "jovial".. as in "You Guys are a Joke" jovial.

Exactly. Trump needs someone who can laugh off the MSM idiots. And make it clear that that's exactly what he doing.

I don't think there is much laughing in the WH now. Poor Sean look like a deer in the headlights. It's just a transparent ruse until poor Sean is thrown under the bus and he knows it. Believe me....

At this stage I imagine Sean Spicer looking for the bus headlights longingly...

Honestly...how much can one man take?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I never thought it would come to this statement... But I actually feel bad for the dude. If i were him i would look forward to the bus wheels and take a dive as soon as I could. You would at least think that the Orange man was grateful enough to allow Sean a chance to meet the Pope. Cold blooded.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: AnonyMason

Since you and I differ so vastly on weather or not a leaky white house is a good thing, I'll just say, I'm glad some of the old guard is being removed.

Perhaps with all this shake up, the leakers will be canned and the country can try to get back to doing things that matter, at least to some.

They might. I strongly suspect the leak source is either Spicer or one of his assistants. Rumor is, Spicer might be getting canned too. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
So Mr. Trump has said that his administration is a fine-tuned machine. What he failed to mention is that parts keep falling off. Is there a warranty on this POS? It should be recalled before someone gets hurt.

Trump has assembled a legal team to address the Growing Russia investigation. The buzz from multiple DC Lawyers was they were calling around asking and researching impeachment proceedings...Just on the off-chance..

Trump's attorney Cohen announced today he would not cooperate with Senate or House investigations..
The WH said last week they won't turn over materials requested..
Flynn refused a subpoena..

meanwhile Pence is starting a tour that looks to all the world as if he is running for President all of a sudden..

Pence to make campaign push amid GOP concerns over Trump
Increased political activity also stokes speculation that the vice president is positioning himself for post-Trump era.
www.politico.com...

Nixon took a couple years of Watergate investigation before impeachment.

Trump is only 4 months in...but looks like he is on track to break precedence..

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Since you and I differ so vastly on weather or not a leaky white house is a good thing, I'll just say, I'm glad some of the old guard is being removed.

Perhaps with all this shake up, the leakers will be canned and the country can try to get back to doing things that matter, at least to some.

They might. I strongly suspect the leak source is either Spicer or one of his assistants. Rumor is, Spicer might be getting canned too. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I think people are largely confused about the source of WH leaks...

There is a lot of "Palace Intrigue" and competition/back-stabbing...Trump would say it is his business model to pit people against one another to see who does best.

But what it also causes is a lot of hurt feelings and people trying to get rid of one another on the sly...

AKA LEAKS...It's not the "Old Guard" leaking from the WH...It's the "New Guard"...

As far as the leaks from FBI and Alphabet Agencies...that is a different motivation and you can either call it payback for a President that has treated them horribly or you can call it duty from alarmed patriots..6 of that, half dozen of the other.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: jordan77

Says you.
I wonder what employment you have that is equal in terms of credential, pay and prestige?

Working on my BA now Communications and I would jump at the position.

No pay and prestige is worth one's sanity. Assuming you're a young college kid, you'll find out soon enough. I woulda jumped at such a position too when I was in college cuz I didnt know any better. But good luck to you. Hope it works out.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It's hard to tell. But it seems that every single statement made from within the White House is done so under the condition of anonymity. And who can blame them? Trump is looking for reasons to crucify people for talking to the press. Knowing this, how can any one on the inside give a statement using their name? The repercussions from Trump have caused the air to be filled with fear.

Trump is under fire. He's going to revert to something that he excels at. Surrounding himself with yes men who will praise him and mooch the proverbial Presidential sack... National interest be damned. Why have an outside like Dubke in an official position when you could fill it with someone else who will tell you whatever it is you want to hear?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Well its not like the press has a right to even be in the whitehouse. Its totally optional. If i was trump i would do away with the press core briefings and only tweet out stuff from now on.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Time will tell but I've heard that since February.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

More people bailing, this time a big dog.....

another Chief of Staff....

www.rawstory.com...

Speculation on Reince. Been hearing that since Trump was elected. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Not breaking news until it happens or there's a reliable source. (Which is pretty rare anymore)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

It's called spin. Most likely this is being used to hype the prediction that a mass shakeup is coming story we started hearing last week. On the other hand, maybe he's truly going to out the leakers. Personally I think Trump will apply the full weight of the law on the leakers and the press will bury it.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
Trump is under fire. He's going to revert to something that he excels at. Surrounding himself with yes men who will praise him and mooch the proverbial Presidential sack... National interest be damned. Why have an outside like Dubke in an official position when you could fill it with someone else who will tell you whatever it is you want to hear?

That's not all that uncommon. I'm unsure about Obama but I know W was famous for this. He would basically have advisors deliver to him the news he wanted to hear and that's all he would tune into while his cabinet and those under them would deal with reality. It happens a lot in other nations too. I remember a press breifing with W once, where he went on and on about being loved by Americans... this is while he was sitting at a sub 20% approval rating.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If I was working in the White house, I would quit too, I would come right out and state that the crazy people who are telling all the twisted garbage in the news were making the job too stressful. Once I was out, I would take out many lawsuits against all the major media and these would be multimillion dollar lawsuits because the blasphemy being spread by the media was making it so I had to quit.

Right, the MSM is such a convient strawman scapegoat. When are people going to realize the problems in the WH stem from the president and his attitude to his staff and advisers. Time to face the truth and accept responsibility; isn't that the conservatives creed?

www.rawstory.com...

The oval office is in chaos, not because of outside influences but from clowns not having a clue as to what their doing.
I'd be stressed too.

You are citing a source that appears to spew Far left crap.

I am in the middle, I actually have leaned more Democratic and liberal the majority of my life, from what I have seen in the last year, I will never vote for a Democrat president again and I am going to scrutinize all Democratic candidates from now on. I do not like the way that the Democrats have been heading over the last couple of years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join