It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-terrorism Ad going viral in the Middle East (Let's bomb delusion with the truth)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is a good start, a really good start, to what will hopefully amount to a new battlefront on the war on terror and what better way that to hit home than to make it all about the kids - you wanna harm kids? Well, the #in gloves come off then because you # with the most innocent in our society, and the most innocent in society will tell Allah, and Allah cleaves to the innocent in society and punishes those who harm the innocent - you have been warned........

An advertisement with a strong anti-terrorism message is going viral in the Middle East.

The ad, which launched Saturday at the start of Ramadan, is run by Kuwaiti telecom company Zain. Ramadan is often a strong month for advertisers in the Middle East because families will watch television as they break fast in the evening, according to CNN.

The video, which has been viewed more than 2.5 million times on YouTube as of Monday evening, opens with an image of a man assembling an explosive device. A child's voice says, "I will tell God everything, that you've filled the cemeteries with our children and emptied our school desks."

The aftermath of terrorist attacks on a bus, at a mosque and a wedding are shown as the victims sign to the man, who is now wearing the bomb.

The Hill

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

With this heart warming video, I seriously hope it will plant the seeds of an Islamic reformation. Right now, Islam has been getting increasingly corrupt by malevolent forces.
edit on 5/30/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Fantastic, it is a start at least...

Can they now commission one showing that raping people is wrong, also enslavement is not that great either...

RA

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I like this.. I really do...

But can you imagine.. during the holidays here in the US...

Like on christmas, the whole family gathered around the TV, watching the parade...

Then a commercial like this comes on telling you are your family... "dont blow yourselves up"

I like it, I really do

It just seem incredibly odd that in the modern world we need a commercial to tell people not to blow themselves up in the vicinity of others

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Excellent to see some visible action from within Islamic nations

The biggest problem that has been fuelling anti Muslim sentiment had been the perceived lack of action ie support for terror through silence.

Let's hope this is the start of something good and not only a reformation from within, but a reconciliation between different faiths and nations.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

If it works just one time it's worth every dime spent on it.

Nothing else seems to work, why not try something as simple and straight-forward as a video?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I like this.. I really do...

But can you imagine.. during the holidays here in the US...

Like on christmas, the whole family gathered around the TV, watching the parade...

Then a commercial like this comes on telling you are your family... "dont blow yourselves up"

I like it, I really do

It just seem incredibly odd that in the modern world we need a commercial to tell people not to blow themselves up in the vicinity of others

Please don't think I am being snarky as I understand and respect your point of view...

But... an honest question to you if I may?

how would you go about it then (taking into consideration your culture and country and if the situation was similar to the Middle East and all else up until now has failed to help eradicate militant terrorism?

Thanks in advance

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

If I was living in the Middle East and saw an ad like that it would piss me off. I don't like 'ad council' BS that tells me what to believe and how to think. We do that crap here with 'we are the world' type slop and all it does is make me more pissed off at whoever is telling me what I need to do.

Sorry, that is my honest reaction.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

An advert is far more preferable to get more Western bombs and interference.

I call it social education. We have ads here in Australia telling us to wear our seatbelt and not to drink drive. So what's the difference?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I'm always amazed at how different the Arab culture is compared to the one in America.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
More of this!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Something similar but was targeted towards drugs back in the 80s and was often released during family holiday and prime time was this... :

In the UK culture of course...

Anyone shocked?

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Waste of time, the only thing these animals understand is violence. Bring it to them in such an extreme way so eventually they will say "No More" we surrender. Ban Islam in the West is the first step, the second is to bring in sweeping new laws that deport all relatives of a suicide bomber, if they are of home grown variety then imprison the parents for 25 Years. lastly the real way to get to these low life animals is to bull doze the mosque they frequented and arrest the 2 leading Imans and throw away the key.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
Waste of time, the only thing these animals understand is violence. Bring it to them in such an extreme way so eventually they will say "No More" we surrender. Ban Islam in the West is the first step, the second is to bring in sweeping new laws that deport all relatives of a suicide bomber, if they are of home grown variety then imprison the parents for 25 Years. lastly the real way to get to these low life animals is to bull doze the mosque they frequented and arrest the 2 leading Imans and throw away the key.

Both my grandads sacrificed their lives during WW2 for this type of mindset Maz...

Not sure if any of your family members lost their lives or fought for freedom during WW1 and WW2 so I cannot and don't want to judge you.

There is surely another more diplomatical way to do so without violence and mass deportation etc no?

Can you not think of another alternative?

My alternative is just to close all borders to any country that has illegal immigration issues and strictly observe and stop all those illegals with false papers etc who try to pass... FULL STOP.

Erm... ETA... let them fight it out in their country without us so called "civilised Western countires getting involved"

What do you want... The final solution?

Warmest

Lags
edit on 30-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase added

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth

Typical mindset of an armchair warrior

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: Metallicus

An advert is far more preferable to get more Western bombs and interference.

I call it social education. We have ads here in Australia telling us to wear our seatbelt and not to drink drive. So what's the difference?

There is no difference.

Social ads are stupid, condescending and offensive.

People already know killing is wrong or they just don't care. Treating them like a kindergarten child isn't going to modify behavior.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Mate, a similar tactic is desperately needed in NK !

Right about TODAY ...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
From a neuro linguistic programming perspective the repetition of the phrase "lets bomb, lets bomb ,lets bomb ,lets bomb ,lets bomb ,lets bomb," at the end is atrocious. But well, I hope hteir viewers are more than 75% conscious when they hear that repeated, for gods sake.

edit on 30-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Mate, a similar tactic is desperately needed in NK !

Right about TODAY ...

Why mate... what have NoKo done to you, your loved ones or neighbours (without mentioning Jason and Kylie of course!)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If I was a hardcore Islamic fundamentalist/terrorist I would laugh at this at first, and then be very pissed off. Considering I probably became a terrorist in the first place by having someone close to me, or even my friends, die horrifically. The amount of civilians being killed is absolutely appalling but made to be acceptable as the fog of war, or war in general.

Yes, a majority of us are desensitized as the agendas, plans and propaganda are working as ...well, planned.

That's why this will never end. It's meant to be cyclical. Death and destruction is very profitable.

As one boogeyman is put to rest, another will arise to avenge said boogeyman. It's as simple as gang warfare in Chicago.

If it wasn't so blood ridden awful it would be comical! "The Son of Osama bin Laden"....it's completely theatrical in its delivery most times which isn't surprising.

By the way, what threat level color are we at right now?😱

Pwwssshhh. Whatever.😒
edit on E31America/ChicagoTue, 30 May 2017 05:29:31 -05005amTuesdayth05am by EternalShadow because: add/correction

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join