It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is gonna undo Obama’s CUBA policies too…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Looks like Trump might be "thinking" about rolling back the famous Obama-Cuba pact !

Sources that may be confirmed say this is true.

I don't think the Castro Family of Cuba has commented.

Wow: Trump is gonna undo Obama’s CUBA policies too…

President Donald Trump is set to announce a rollback of former President Barack Obama’s policies toward Cuba, The Daily Caller has learned.

Two sources told TheDC that the development is due to the behind-the-scenes efforts of Republican Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, Democratic New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez and Republican Florida Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart.

This information coming from an anti-embargo group, which spoke on the condition of anonymity, was confirmed Sunday by John Kavulich of the nonpartisan U.S. – Cuba Trade and Economic Council. “The Trump Administration has been ‘ready’ since February 2017 to announce changes, but issues unrelated to Cuba have intervened,” Kavulich said.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Another named source for your post??? This has got to stop before you embarrass the NYTs or WP. Your lib friends will definitely stop talking to you.

Maybe you could just slip in one with a source being a unnamed Sr Administration official who is speaking on the condition of Anonymity.

Obama's "deal" with Cuba was so bad!
edit on 29-5-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I thought that we weren't supposed to negotiate with "terrorists" in the first place.

I've been called a terrorist for lots of reasons in the last two years.
-because I'm white
-because I'm over the age of 21
-because I'm not muslim
-because I'm not christian
-because I don't believe in fairies
-because I don't think a one world government is a good idea
-because I believe in personal responsibility

get it?

I don't know much about the cuban policy, but I do know that cuba is synonymous with coc aine, based on my exposure to media growing up in the US.

So- there are a few things happening here. Lots of questions.

-is the CIA #ing with me, and cuba is OK?
-is "the war on drugs" just used for funding various american TLA's to promote propaganda?

I could go on, but since the last administration legalized full out taking over mainstream media for the purposes of spreading propagandist lies, I don't trust a single word the government or *any* news outlet has to say.

I remember the cuba situation as a kid. It stank of shenanigans then- it stinks now. Too much is hidden from the public, and I suspect full disclosure would explain such a decision perfectly.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I figured he could go either way.

Either erase another Obama blunder, or make it his own and freakin' flood the zone with capitalism and snuff the tyrants out.
edit on 29-5-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Trump negotiated with the Saudi's so I'd say negotiating with terrorists is fair game at this point.

edit on 5/29/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What about Cimavax?

The Cuban lung cancer cure?

Hopefully unrelated, and not a pharmlobbiest policy change.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Why? Honest question, I haven't read up on this in a while

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This is looking like Facebook,remenber when ATS was a source of information,not liberal made up story's with no proof or basis,embarrassing,used to have standards,guess not anymore,ATS is looking like AOL

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We just don't negotiate with terrorist who aren't apart of the agenda.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I'm not so sure that many drugs came to the USA through Cuba.
The rest of the Caribbean yes but Cuba was kind of a rough spot for the drug trade.

www.washingtonpost.com... y.html?utm_term=.01064b255bbf

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The war on drugs is a known farce, and cubans aren't terrorist in any way, shape or form.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: whismermill

Because Obama's name is attached to it.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
So, one of Canada's favourite vacation spots won't be totally overrun with American tourists?
👍🏻

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
What about Cimavax?

The Cuban lung cancer cure?

Hopefully unrelated, and not a pharmlobbiest policy change.

It's here !!

Roswell Park has launched the first clinical trial in the United States to study the CIMAvax-EGF® vaccine

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with opening up to Cuba. We just need to make sure its not so one-sided with how Obama did it.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whismermill

Then study up on it, Google is your friend

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Normalizing relations with Cuba isn't necessarily a bad thing. But they have a terrible human rights record, particularly when it comes to dissidents, and it pissed me off that Obama didn't even touch on this as a condition of normalization.

If Trump can force Cuba to move a least a bit in the right direction in exchange for not rolling things back, that would be a good thing in my book.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Normalizing relations with Cuba isn't necessarily a bad thing. But they have a terrible human rights record, particularly when it comes to dissidents, and it pissed me off that Obama didn't even touch on this as a condition of normalization.

If Trump can force Cuba to move a least a bit in the right direction in exchange for not rolling things back, that would be a good thing in my book.

Right. Because Cuba is so bad compared to... oh I do't know... Saudi Arabia, The Philippines and Russia who are stalwarts of human rights and who Trump is pushing hard to fix their human rights issues.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

"We will not be silent in the face of communist oppression any longer," Trump told a cheering crowd in Miami’s Cuban-American enclave of Little Havana, including Republican Senator Marco Rubio, who helped forge the new restrictions on Cuba.

Atta boy Donald. Kick-ass on that Communist oppression!! Watch out Putin, he's got a big noogie coming your way next.

edit on 16-6-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join