It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Les Brown: Worlds Best Sermon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Friend of mine sent this sermon to me. Putting aside my eternal hate for Christianity (not really) and actually just listening to the sermon I thought damn, this is motivational!

Matthew 7:7New International Version (NIV) Ask, Seek, Knock 7

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

He talks about how much of an affect of what you say has on what you do. Talks about how discipline is freedom (Jocko Willink) and I paraphrasing. About failure is mind state and how you have to continue to keep moving in the right direction. He talks about taking risk and not making excuses. He goes on to speak about talents, economy and managing money. Overall great video.

He does mix in some bible passages so if you have hate for religion or Christianity you may not want to listen but if you are looking for or to share and overall positive message of how to overcome obstacles in your life than this is a great video.
edit on 29-5-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

edit on Rpm52917v21201700000002 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Damn vid won't play esse?

Can't understand how anyone could hate Christianity? I'm baffled how anyone
could ignore the love of Jesus Christ.
edit on Rpm52917v27201700000038 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Fixed.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I don't really hate Christians I am a pseudo Christian myself.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Great message to large crowd. Bravo!

The only things the Lord has ever bestowed on me is
happiness and good cheer by the knowledge that I am
truly loved. There isn't anything else.
edit on Rpm52917v37201700000045 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Stumbled (possibly literally) across him as a young teen while 1st learning about the Law of Attraction. Very cool guy, great speaker, and great motivator. A very intelligent soul with the common sense to really resonate with a diverse audience. Our great planet needs more characters like this. S&F!
edit on 29-5-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I stopped listening at 5:00, not going any further. He had me until he said it was the lack of money that caused all the problems in the world, that he just wanted to be comfortable but that he realized to do that he had to be rich, and 'money is right up there with oxygen'

If he can't see that money is exactly the thing that is preventing resources from being distributed effectively, so that for it's lack people will lie and steal... If he can't see that, for one man's wealth is another man's poverty... that the very fact you have to be rich in order to be comfortable is the cheese of this rat race which pits us all against each other... Then I am interested in nothing further he has to say.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Good one!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
I stopped listening at 5:00, not going any further. He had me until he said it was the lack of money that caused all the problems in the world, that he just wanted to be comfortable but that he realized to do that he had to be rich, and 'money is right up there with oxygen'

If he can't see that money is exactly the thing that is preventing resources from being distributed effectively, so that for it's lack people will lie and steal... If he can't see that, for one man's wealth is another man's poverty... that the very fact you have to be rich in order to be comfortable is the cheese of this rat race which pits us all against each other... Then I am interested in nothing further he has to say.

That's not exactly true. Money is a medium of exchange. Wealth is having a system of leverage like owning and renting out 10 houses. Or if you own a company, if you have a 1000 people working for you, they will do more work in one day than you can do in 3 years. Having wealth is what makes you rich.

However, poverty has to do with the scarcity of money. The workers could have lots of money and the economy can be on the edge of overheating. People having money to buy goods and services has to do with wages and pricing. Supposedly the economy overheating is bad thing but the only time I've ever seen was in the year 1999. People had so much money they were paying off their houses in 3 years. Those were great times. Today, there's been a 200% inflation in the prize of plain pizza since 1999. Wages have NOT gone up 200% since 1999. The American worker is effed in poverty wages.

I think we no longer have free markets to wring out the inefficiencies of over pricing and high CEO pay. The lobbyists cost a lot to give money to but it's the price the CEO has to pay to maintain the cartel or monopoly.

I don't believe "one man's wealth is another man's poverty" as you say. Workers can be flush with cash and still not own the same level of wealth as rich people. You would think the American people would be capable enough to meet all their material and spiritual needs as well has carry along the weak and needy. But the politicians say it can't be done. We just can't have enough money to have happy and secure workers. As if the rich would not have more than enough money to have exactly what they have now. In opinion, the rich will have MORE money because when a huge number of people have lots of money people become greedy about money. So money becomes worth more. The way things are today whats the point of working at all when a large plain pizza costs $13.00. Or decent car costs $35,000. Eff it.

edit on 29-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

When I say one man's wealth is a other man's poverty I mean it literally. Each person who has a mansion with gold plated toilet seats and manservants to wipe their ass and serve their food with a hundred rooms they will never use, that is literally creating poverty,because it is wasteful excess that could and should have gone to providing for someone in need. I deliberately chose an extremely exaggerated example.

Money is meant to be a way of managing limited resources as a way of ensuring people have a civilized way of vying for those resources than 'hey I want that, BLAM" but how civilized is it that while here in America and other parts of the world we are each trying to pursue our own comforts so that we can live with the co for the rich have, but will never be able to attain, all the while other people in America and other places around the world are being told that they don't have any right to live, at all without money. Because that's what money says. If you don't have it you don't get to eat, #, or sleep except by the kindness and gratitude of others which more often than not is held over people's heads.

But then again I'm idealistic AND jaded, so.

new topics

top topics

join