It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim man sues Little Caesars, claiming 'halal' was a lie in Dearborn ($100 million lawsuit)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: network dude
Wait, so when a Muslim eats pork, it makes them ill?

I don't claim to be a religious scholar by any means, but I believe I am going to call shenanigans.

The mind can make the body do many things including becoming ill after eating.

Or reading a crazy post. I see your point.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ya I thought that weird too, my moms husband is Muslim..saw him with a plateful of bacon at Easter brunch. He said..meh, this stuff is too good..lol

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
BS like this is going to add to Republican votes in Michigan. Wasn't that lady that made up the story about her hijab getting ripped off by a white guy form Michigan too?

edit- she was from Louisiana, oh well.
edit on 26-5-2017 by xenon129 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So Muslim guy walks into a Little Caesars... oh wait, you've heard this one before??? lol

I bet they finished the pizza after they 'realized' it wasnt halal.

Scheming bastards!

They just want that $100 million to send back to some "stan" country in the ME.

Im onto you Bazzi!!

edit on 2231x6722America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What a boring news. Can you post something relevant for this site? ATS begs for quality content.
edit on 26-5-2017 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I ate pork before and it didn't make me sick.

Maybe it only happens if you think you are eating beef that has been ritually slaughtered... but it is really pork?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Sounds like another scumbag Muslim trying to run a scam. Hope this lawsuit gets the treatment is Clockmed Mohammed's just got.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Wait, so when a Muslim eats pork, it makes them ill?

Well.

A) When one doesn't eat a certain type of meat for a while one's body is not used to it, and this can cause nausea because of the body's reaction. Same as when some long-time vegetarians suddenly eat meat, they can get ill.

B) If you were eating something that you thought was one thing and then realized it was something that is absolutely disgusting to you, I imagine you would also get a little nauseous.

That said, I wonder this was simply an honest mistake, or if an employee knowing did this because of "those darned Muslims," or simply a scam. I know we used to all kinds of crazy things when I worked at a pizza joint way back when.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I know I record all of my conversations when picking up a pizza.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In defense of Lawyers when my first son was born the hospital screwed up big time .
Needless to say the lawyers who ( cough ) found me turned out to have morals honor and was not a greedy bone in his body .
yes you heard right see I signed the normal you get 33 % clause .
The settlement came in two parts the first part was 100,000 $ any guess how much the lawyer took ?
Well hold on to your chair it will be a shock 5,000 $ . Yep 5 % put every dime left into two long tearm annuity for my son total lifetime value over 1 Million dollars .
so the lawyer got 5 k my son gets over 1 million . Hows that for honor .
As to the second part was 30.000 $ lawyer took 15.000 my wife was pissed i told her shut up counting both 130,000 his take total 20,000 $ anyone good at math because my adding puts his take at under 15% total
less then Half of what he had every right to take I singed the papers KNOWING he could take 33%
PS ( i would give it all back if what happened never happened )
A name i will never forget the person who HARMED my 1 day old son .
anyway I use that lawyer again and sent anyone who needed one to him ( wish he hadent retired )
dam fine person .

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Another freeloader looking for some easy money.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I should sue takeaways for eating foor that is 'halal' as i never asked for my nearest takeaway eateries to be 'halal'.

I think this is a no-win legal case and why the hell should they receive 100mil? They done this on purpose to try to get this money. They should get done for bribery!

A good lawyer will destroy this muslim fraudster. Then go out for some non halal compliant pizza with bacon and pepperoni. If i was a lawyer id take the case for lifetime free pizzas.

The dummys tape is the best evidence against him. HE told the guy to put that sticker on the box AND DIDNT CHECK IT before leaving the store. you ALWAYS check. Lawyer is going to argue its a set up using his own words. Man knew what to look for and still ate it so he would get sick.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Interesting case...

I know pork is forbidden in Islam, as it is in Judaism. If a company wishes to benefit from selling halal or kosher food, then it is incumbent upon them to ensure said food is compliant. The same goes for food allergies... if a deli is informed that someone has a serious peanut allergy and they still serve food prepared with peanuts stating it is peanut-free, they are liable.

My first concern was that it contained pepperoni, which contains pork... but it has been pointed out that there is such a thing as halal pepperoni, made with beef instead of pork.

Then I was concerned over his claim of becoming nauseous after eating pork. That wouldn't make sense unless he knew it was pork. If he knew he had eaten pork, however, and was devout, that could easily cause a psychological-induced physical reaction. Him being so aware of the difference between regular and halal pepperoni means it takes no stretch of the imagination to believe he tasted the difference while eating the pizza.

I don't believe any establishment should be forced to sell halal food, kosher food, etc. That is their choice; doing so will of course open them to false advertising claims and probably cost more, but it will also broaden their customer base. If they decide to cater to such requirements, however, the responsibility to ensure compliance is on them... not on the customer, save to do due diligence in verifying as much as possible that their food is as ordered. In this case, there may have been no reasonable way to verify halal compatibility without actually eating it... does halal pepperoni look different from regular pepperoni?

The facts will, of course, be sorted out in court, but as for now I tend to believe Mr. Bazzi. If the restaurant was at fault, they should be held responsible. If the manager was incorrect about Bazzi asking for a halal label instead of a halal pizza, then that would be insult to injury and I believe a substantial award is indicated.

Maybe not $100M, though... that does sound excessive.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I could actually see Little Caesar's raising the price on its' $5 pizza in order to offset this and accidentally start a war. It would be the most 'Murican thing ever.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So he knows by look the pepperoni was not Halal .. but ate it anyways?

And then it made them sick .. even though his wife previously had been eating pork?

Justice would be public caning for people who file lawsuits like this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join