It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surely Only Way To Prevent Terror Attacks is By Focusing on the Potential Perpetrators

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If you listen to Islamists complaints about why they hate the West, it's because of our invasion of Iraq, it's because of Afghanistan, it's because of our bombing campaign in Syria. It's all because of our Foreigh POlicy blunders of the last 20 years.

We need smarter foreign policy.

We need to stop knee jerk bombings. We have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people in these countries, women and children. Of course they hate us now.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

It wasn't that long ago that the greatest threat the Brits faced were from the IRA. Hell, just last year Theresa May stated that the New IRA was a substantial threat to the UK. Why do the Irish get left out of your laws?

In the US we've had cases like Dylan Roof where he killed people simply because he was a racist nut. Should we also convict people because they've visited Stormfront?

Or what about the assassination attempt on Gabby Giffords? The shooter was a member of ATS. Should every member on here be considered a criminal?

The second you start attempting to charge people for a crime they haven't committed you open a whole can of worms. It's a slippery slope that essentially turns everyone into a criminal.

I get that you're upset and frustrated but this isn't the answer. If justification can be made for such laws specifically against Muslims it's just as easy to find justification to create similar laws for the Irish, or white people, or gun owners, or ATS members, or pretty much any demographic you can think of.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: musicismagic

I watched BBC's Question Time last night and it was clear to me that there was some reluctance to take any firm action against those who are on watch lists or known to the authorities regardless of the fact that they could be potential terrorists who may perpetrate deadly attacks.

And if there was a previous willingness and appropriate laws that could have been applied to such people then the Manchester attack would never have happened and those kids would still be with us!

It seems to me that whilst we convey rights to these people who are almost always known to the security services we wont be able to PREVENT them from conducting such attacks, but if we defined and applied new laws then we might be able to do so and better protect our children and the public in general.

Maybe we need a new law - a name? Ariana Law, Manchester's Law, Act of Evil, others??

What should that law cover in order to be able to prevent potential perpetrators carrying out their acts of evil?

What should be in the list of 10 aspects of such a law?

I will start with the first one and can think of many more.

1. Anyone who went or goes off to fight for the access of evil etc ISIS should automatically be stripped of their UK citizenship and deported if they have returned following a sentence of 10 years! This would remove the threat from them!
2.?
3.?

Whites live in a different world of thought.
Get real here.
The whites have lost all direction of "common sense" due to that #te they put in tooth paste called floride.

Only white people use toothpaste?
What do Islamist's use?.........plastic explosive

Wasn't that funny! Maybe we should find out what toothpaste Islamist's use and poison it so that it makes them nice people!

It wasn't funny at all.

Nor was it relevant.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Quick question. Have you ever heard of the term "Innocent until proven guilty"?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You can only prove them guilty when its too late and only if they survive so for me this should not apply to Islamic extremists with evil in their hearts and minds!!! In France its the other way round! But so what when we are talking about prevention and keeping our kids safe!!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I watched BBC's Question Time last night and it was clear to me that there was some reluctance to take any firm action against those who are on watch lists or known to the authorities regardless of the fact that they could be potential terrorists who may perpetrate deadly attacks.

And if there was a previous willingness and appropriate laws that could have been applied to such people then the Manchester attack would never have happened and those kids would still be with us!

It seems to me that whilst we convey rights to these people who are almost always known to the security services we wont be able to PREVENT them from conducting such attacks, but if we defined and applied new laws then we might be able to do so and better protect our children and the public in general.

Maybe we need a new law - a name? Ariana Law, Manchester's Law, Act of Evil, others??

What should that law cover in order to be able to prevent potential perpetrators carrying out their acts of evil?

1. Anyone who went or goes off to fight for the access of evil etc ISIS should automatically be stripped of their UK citizenship and deported if they have returned following a sentence of 10 years! This would remove the threat from them!
2.?
3.?

Get real here.
The whites have lost all direction of "common sense" due to that #te they put in tooth paste called floride.

Wasn't that funny! Maybe we should find out what toothpaste Islamist's use and poison it so that it makes them nice people!

It wasn't funny at all.

Nor was it relevant.
Why not? The bast.rds need poisoning and that would be too good for them!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

It wasn't that long ago that the greatest threat the Brits faced were from the IRA. Hell, just last year Theresa May stated that the New IRA was a substantial threat to the UK. Why do the Irish get left out of your laws?

In the US we've had cases like Dylan Roof where he killed people simply because he was a racist nut. Should we also convict people because they've visited Stormfront?

Or what about the assassination attempt on Gabby Giffords? The shooter was a member of ATS. Should every member on here be considered a criminal?

The second you start attempting to charge people for a crime they haven't committed you open a whole can of worms. It's a slippery slope that essentially turns everyone into a criminal.

I get that you're upset and frustrated but this isn't the answer. If justification can be made for such laws specifically against Muslims it's just as easy to find justification to create similar laws for the Irish, or white people, or gun owners, or ATS members, or pretty much any demographic you can think of.
We are not talking about laws against Muslim's but against Islamic extremists with evil in their hearts. There is s difference! If you are a good Muslim and a good Islamist then the law wouldn't apply to you and the same for any other race!!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You can only prove them guilty when its too late and only if they survive so for me this should not apply to Islamic extremists with evil in their hearts and minds!!! In France its the other way round! But so what when we are talking about prevention and keeping our kids safe!!

Tell me how to identify "islamic extremists" without violating freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of the press?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
The only way to stop modern terrorists is to stop bombing their countries.

For every innocent you bomb and we bomb a lot of innocents you create multiple terrorists. Or rather a lot of people who want revenge.

If someone bombed my family you could be sure I would be seeking revenge.

This does not mean I agree with any terrorist actions but I sure as hell understand how they get to the point where they choose to do what they do.

I wonder which friends or relatives of the Manchester attacker we killed or were killed due to our removal of the Libyan government and the entrance of the saudi backed jihadists.

Good luck! Let me tell you that the issue is with the Islamic faith and some of its beliefs! And no matter what happens on foreign policy this problem will grow. And the UK will be hit again and it will keep being hit whilst we allow those who are known to us as potential threats walk the streets! There's also one out of any bunch or certain number who is prepared to go that bit further than the others that are a threat and this won't go away!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Why should it just apply to Muslim extremists though. Why not extremists in general? Why not arrest people that buy a copy of the Turner Diaries? Or visit Stormfront on the regular? Or regularly check out pro-IRA sites?

And what about people that associate with those people? There may not be any evidence their doing anything untoward but is their association enough to incarcerate them as well?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Let me tell you that the issue is with the Islamic faith and some of its beliefs!

This is pure ignorance and hate.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Let me tell you that the issue is with the Islamic faith and some of its beliefs!

This is pure ignorance and hate.
There is nothing hate about it! Some of the beliefs the way they are conveyed in mosques around the world including the UK and by Saudi preachers is a problem. This was raised and acknowledge on Question Time lastnight! Maybe you should watch it! If you don't understand this then it is not my ignorance!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Why should it just apply to Muslim extremists though. Why not extremists in general? Why not arrest people that buy a copy of the Turner Diaries? Or visit Stormfront on the regular? Or regularly check out pro-IRA sites?

And what about people that associate with those people? There may not be any evidence their doing anything untoward but is their association enough to incarcerate them as well?
No one is talking about just association. Lets aqpply common sense here! And the current problem requires a law to deal with the immediate threat from Islamic extremists. There is no other threat as I see it at the moment. Lets deal with this immediate threat and the only way to do that is in a preventative manner by focusing on potential perpetrators!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would like to state that until laws are defined to deal with the potential perpetrators thus prevent them killing our kids we won't be able to prevent these attacks. And if we don't do what is required then there will be a next time whereby an another attack is conducted by those already known to the security services and yet again families will have to be told that they were on the radar! Imagine what its like to be told you lost your kids and it was as a result of an attack by someone known to the security services!! Time to define law fit for purpose to deal with those who pose the threat! Because convicting a suicide bomber of such an attack is impossible!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

2.?
3.?

Get real here.

It wasn't funny at all.

Nor was it relevant.

Neat. If you ever get back to discussing the topic, or what I said, lemme know. If you're just going to post irrelevant drivel, kindly direct it at Krazy. He puts that stuff in his scrapbook.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Obviously, UK authorities are so twisted around the PC agenda, they aren't going to take much in the way of preventative behavior.

Nothing is going to change until the native citizenry rises up in protest..........lots and lots of protest.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Isn't that more or less the same argument used to support gun control laws?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

According to May the New IRA is an immediate threat.

Here in the US you are far more likely to be killed by a white guy with a gun. We just had a black man killed by a white supremacist. And let's not forget Dylan Roof.

Once again, any extremist is a potential danger. So why should only potential extremist Muslims be subjected to laws that curtail their rights?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

2.?
3.?

Get real here.

It wasn't funny at all.

Nor was it relevant.

Neat. If you ever get back to discussing the topic, or what I said, lemme know. If you're just going to post irrelevant drivel, kindly direct it at Krazy. He puts that stuff in his scrapbook.
The discussion is ongoing, feel free to join in further.

My you bite like a b.tch! Stay cool boy.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Obviously, UK authorities are so twisted around the PC agenda, they aren't going to take much in the way of preventative behavior.

Nothing is going to change until the native citizenry rises up in protest..........lots and lots of protest.
Kind of agree. Its preventative action directed at potential perpetrators the people need but all they get is excuses, praise for the security services and extra police presence but that does stop suicide bombers! Nor does it prevent the next attack.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join