It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven in 10 Brits support 'world government' to protect humanity from global catastrophes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Nearly seven out of 10 people in the UK support the creation of a form of world government that would be able to force countries to deal with major risks facing the world such as climate change and nuclear weapons, according to a major new survey.

And 62 per cent said they considered themselves to be “a global citizen” in addition to being British, which will likely disappoint Theresa May who told the last Conservative conference “if you believe you are a citizen of the world, you’re a citizen of nowhere”.

Some 88 per cent of respondents said they would be prepared to make changes that would affect their living standards to prevent catastrophic climate change in the future.

www.independent.co.uk...
It reminds me of the conspiracy theory where the globalists will create a one world nation by launching a fake alien invasion: Operation Blue Beam.

Any Brits in ATS wanna chime in?

edit on 5/25/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Britain and the US will foot most of the cost, I'm sure. But all the other nations will want equal leadership roles to the US and Britain....I'm sure.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
too bad government has to play a part at all.
it would be nice if we could all just be people. citizens of the world. no borders.
citizens of earth...

fairy tale land i know......

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well what do you propose?

I mean the next step to civilization is obviously a one world nation especially if we have a real extraterrestrial threat.

Or do you propose an international council while retaining a national identity.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Seems like they have gotten to the point where people no longer oppose it, they just complain about who is footing the bill.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

With unemployment being what it is, a lot of people rely on a "safety net" called the welfare state or the benefit system. Its not perfect but we contribute.

If you told the Brits that without a nation there would be no NATIONAL health service and no safety net, I wonder if they would answer that question in the same numbers?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think the figure is probably as high as that because "world government" sounds like "world peace", which most people would profess to favour.
It does not follow that the respondents have actually thought the question through.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

What about China and Russia? they oppose it.

In fact both countries are experiencing a spike on nationalism.

China will never tolerate a one world nation controlling them due to their experience under European and Japanese influence in the early 20th century.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I dont have all the answers, but I'm confident that even if it started out 'nice' eventually a one world government would turn tyrannical, and there'd be no one left to stop it.

While all the trends SCREAM it'd be tyrannical from the get.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I was referring specifically to carewemust's post.

American's, especially on CT forums, never used to sound like that.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What about in cases when we meet extraterrestrials?

What do you propose then?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The second extract is an example of what people will say when they are asked in a survey, that bears no resemblance to what they would actually do. The environment comes in a very poor second after people's laziness and convenience.

As for the global governance, that is a little more interesting. I think that if the survey was carried out post Manchester it may have had some bearing on the answers given.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I think you will only hear this from pro EU Europeans.

Ask Marine Le Pen and other nationalists and they'll disagree with a one world nation.

Hell, I can see them leading an insurgency against a hypothetical one world nation.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Just imagine Trump running the planet. Or a coalition of "Trumps" running the planet.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
People in the UK seem to love big government. They're also likely to support jailing people for online jokes, beg the government to put cameras in their bedrooms all while claiming to have a stiff upper lip.

They should be quarantined so we don't have to listen to them and the terrible food doesn't leak out.

Love those weird tea swillers anyway.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Here is the kicker.

I challenge every Brit to ask their friends if they were asked about this.

Every single person,I will bet,has never been asked a thing and neither has anyone they know...but yet 7 out of 10??
Really??

Thats the problem with polls...everytime they say "most Canadians think this" I ask my friends and not one single person I have ever talked to has ever been asked anything.

Polls are mostly just propaganda in my opinion...it sways public opinion.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

In WW2, the Allies were quite able to work together to defeat evil (if extraterrestrials are) while retaining their national identities.

Separate nations are an excellent fail-safe to ensure people have somewhere to go ( ex: refugees) should any one nation fall to tyranny.

The EU has proven that a "superstate" turns into a dictatorial failure.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I think Carroll Quigley, who happened to be Bill Clinton's mentor once stated that there was a British secret society that wanted the British Empire to rule the world.

en.wikipedia.org...

In fact Cecil Rhodes the dude who created Rhodes Scholar wanted a world ruled by the British Empire

To and for the establishment, promotion and development of a Secret Society, the true aim and object whereof shall be for the extension of British rule throughout the world, the perfecting of a system of emigration from the United Kingdom, and of colonisation by British subjects of all lands where the means of livelihood are attainable by energy, labour and enterprise, and especially the occupation by British settlers of the entire Continent of Africa, the Holy Land, the Valley of the Euphrates, the Islands of Cyprus and Candia, the whole of South America, the Islands of the Pacific not heretofore possessed by Great Britain, the whole of the Malay Archipelago, the seaboard of China and Japan, the ultimate recovery of the United States of America as an integral part of the British Empire, the inauguration of a system of Colonial representation in the Imperial Parliament which may tend to weld together the disjointed members of the Empire and, finally, the foundation of so great a Power as to render wars impossible, and promote the best interests of humanity.[57][58]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

The odds of an asteroid striking earth are vastly greater.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join