It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Manchester Memorial Begins: The victims (warning, very sad).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The Manchester Memorial Begins: The victims (warning, very sad).
www.foxnews.com...
"Georgina Callander, 18:

(with Joe Sugg)
Callander, described by her friends as an "Ariana Grande superfan," was the first victim identified. Runshaw College, where Callander was a student, confirmed the news on social media in a statement. "It is with enormous sadness that it appears that one of the people who lost their lives in Monday’s Manchester attack was one of our students here at Runshaw College. Georgina Callander was a former Bishop Rawstorne pupil studying with us on the second year of her Health and Social Care course," the school said.

Saffie-Rose Roussos, 8:

Chris Upton, headteacher at Tarleton Community Primary School, confirmed Roussos' death to Sky News. He said Roussos was "simply a beautiful little girl in every aspect of the word. She was loved by everyone and her warmth and kindness will be remembered fondly. Saffie was quiet and unassuming with a creative flair. News of Saffie's death in this appalling attack has come as a tremendous shock to all of us and I would like to send our deepest condolences to all of her family and friends." Her mother and older sister suffered shrapnel wounds but were expected to survive.

John Atkinson, 26:

Atkinson was leaving the arena when the explosion occurred on Monday, according to the Manchester Evening News. Friends described Atkinson as "a beautiful soul." "Sleep tight John Atkinson. Thoughts and prayers with all your family and the other 21 people who lost there lives last night," a friend wrote on Facebook.

Kelly Brewster, 32:

Brewster attended Monday night’s concert with her 11-year-old niece, Hollie Booth, and her sister Claire, 34. She was killed while shielding the young girl from the blast, according to The Sun. She got separated from her family in the chaos following the incident. Hollie broke both her legs and Claire broke her jaw in the attack, their grandmother wrote on Facebook. An office worker from Sheffield, Brewster had reportedly placed a deposit on a house with her boyfriend the day prior to the attack.

Megan Hurley:

Hurley's age wasn’t immediately released but she but she may have been a student at Halewood Church of England Primary School, according to Metro UK. Hurley’s family and friends have started a crowdfunding account to raise money for a memorial service in her honor. “Weʼre raising £3,000 to help fund a beautiful send off for Megan who was taken far too early due to the awful attacks at Manchester Evening News Arena on 22/05/2017,” Helen McDermott, who organized the fundraiser, wrote on the page. “After such a heartbreaking event where many were killed and injured through such a horrendous act of violence we can do little more than pray for the families who have suffered and hope we are never subject to the pain they must be feeling! RIP to Megan and every other victim,” McDermott wrote.

Olivia Campbell, 15:

Campbell hadn’t been seen since the blast occurred on Monday night. Her mother, Charlotte, made an impassioned televised plea for information on her daughter’s whereabouts. "I need my daughter home,” the mother said, according to The Mirror. “I need to know where she is. A mother shouldn't have to do this - she's 15." Hopes of finding Olivia alive were dashed on Tuesday, however, and Charlotte posted to Facebook shortly after. “RIP my darling precious gorgeous girl Olivia Campbell taken far far to soon go sing with the angels and keep smiling mummy loves you so much,” Charlotte Campbell wrote.

Mothers Alison Howe (left) and Lisa Lees (right) were killed in the suicide bombing on Monday night outside the Manchester Arena in Manchester as they waited for their children"

This is so G.D. sad, so very sad!
I will try to keep adding more of the victims.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Wow even someone with a cold heart like mine can't help but tear up at this. Especially when I saw the pic Saffie-Rose Roussos.
8 years old. I just hope she died instantly.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Please please ats members do not use these children to push any party agendas. They do not deserve that right now.
edit on 24-5-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm down with this.....

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Very sad to see who they are and read about them
Thanks for posting

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Thank you for posting.Idk if I can bear to see more though,I have 2 daughter's myself,the youngest 19 and this is too harrowing.The little one,and Olivia with her cute Snapchat photo stickers Just like my youngest daughter,I just cannot

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

the exit is that way.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Silent post for the victims...

edit on 24-5-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

oh my gosh...the 8 year old girl (saffi) who was killed..... her older sister lost a leg and her mom is unconscious in the hospital from the terror attack and doesn't know her child is dead
edit on 24-5-2017 by research100 because: added info

edit on 24-5-2017 by research100 because: added a name

edit on 24-5-2017 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
i can't even wrap my head around something like this.
All for a stupid belief that promises grand things and only delivers a cold empty void

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

they have released 8 names so far Eight of the 22 victims have been named as college student Georgina Callander, eight-year-old schoolgirl Saffie Roussos, 26-year-old John Atkinson, Kelly Brewster, 32, Megan Hurley, Alison Howe, 45, Lisa Lees, 43, and Olivia Campbell, 15.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Well here we go again...

We are shown the faces that require retribution.

We again are introduced to people slain by failed foreign policies and agendas...

We are AGAIN being completely canonized to support an ONGOING plan...

We AGAIN will sit on our hands while America and it's allies will AGAIN SPREAD its so-called democracy that noboby in their right minds wants or even needs...

We AGAIN will spend more time bickering over semantics and drama to avoid accepting the realities of how we benefit from ignoring the the problem itself... which is essentially the individual...

We AGAIN will be told rather asked if the direction of the USA is a correct one or not..

We AGAIN,( years from now if we even survive our collective apathy for the machines that provide our diluted comforts..), will wonder what we COULD HAVE DONE, BUT DIDN'T..

The fact that a majority of people cannot see patterns or cyclical events is why WE AGAIN will continue our collective march to oblivion.

See you on the other side.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Well here we go again...

We again are introduced to people slain by failed foreign policies and agendas...

We AGAIN will sit on our hands while America and it's allies will AGAIN SPREAD its so-called democracy that noboby in their right minds wants or even needs...

We AGAIN will spend more time bickering over semantics and drama to avoid accepting the realities of how we benefit from ignoring the the problem itself... which is essentially the individual...

We AGAIN will be told rather asked if the direction of the USA is a correct one or not..

We AGAIN,( years from now if we even survive our collective apathy for the machines that provide our diluted comforts..), will wonder what we COULD HAVE DONE, BUT DIDN'T..

The fact that a majority of people cannot see patterns or cyclical events is why WE AGAIN will continue our collective march to oblivion.

This is a memorial thread...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Well here we go again...

If you say so.

ETA: As a "memorial thread", as you stated in order to dismiss my point, I'm wondering how many more of these do you intend to support in order for those like you to maintain your individual normality..

You know... Your morning trip to Starbucks .... or your favorite cable channels from being interrupted?

These people are no different from those that stand in line ahead of you at the store. You stand there hoping their transactions go smoothly so you can complete yours.

We are fooled to think these victims are somehow heroes....as if their lives were on track to save the world, and now we MUST avenge them..

PLEASE....do not sink into callousness per se, but understand the underlying narrative.
edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 24 May 2017 04:05:40 -05005amWednesdayth04am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Well here we go again...

If you say so.

The title says so, please have a little decency and respect for those lost and those who have lost.

This is what this thread is for.

RIP to all those that are gone...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 24-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Well here we go again...

Some people just don't get it Lags.
Thank you for trying.

edit on V582017Wednesdayam31America/ChicagoWed, 24 May 2017 03:58:19 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
NVM.
edit on 24-5-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Well here we go again...

Some people just don't get it Lags.
Thank you for trying.

I don't represent "some people"...have a little respect and address me personally.

Or is it more comfortable and readily dismissive to imagine a populace of my thinking and rational?

?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Cannot even read this post. But all i can give is my love and hope to everyone. Thanks OP. Respect and love to all.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
May they RIP!

Lets hope the Government has the balls to implement a new terrorist prevention law in the name of these poor souls that enables significant steps to be taken to help prevent such attacks in future. e.g.

This should cover the following:

1. All those who went to fight with ISIS should be banned from the UK regardless of their nationality and those already having returned jailed for life!
2. All those on watch lists or anyone consider to be a potential terror risk should be electronically tagged with the choice to leave the UK forever if they don't agree to that.
3. It should be made a serious criminal offense subject to a minimum of 10 years in jail for accessing and downloading material from known terrorist sympathizer websites or distributing terror hate material or preaching extremist views or recruiting others to become potential terrorists.
4. The death penalty short and swift should be introduced for those caught plotting a terror attack or having survived an attack.
5. All none UK citizens who are perceived to be a threat should be returned to their home countries immediately.
6. Use special forces to go after all those who are involved in plotting attacks from abroad and body bag them.
This would be a good start and would show to the people of the UK and the world that the UK Government means business and truly intends to takle all measures necessary to protect our children!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join