It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

decided to join - be gentle with an old man.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Lurked for a long time, thought id finally join now I have time on my hands. I'm 34, British guy living in Canada. have years off work as I have an unknown condition that made my heart fail during open heart surgery for an aneurysm in my aortic root; so I'm on a device keeping me alive until I can have a transplant. With this time I thought I'd join in the nut house that is ATS.

So what am I looking for here? Well, I can't say I'm a truth seeker, because I think everyone is searching for their own idea of what the truth is, what my truth is, for example, I may think aliens walk among us, is not your truth. I think truth has become personal to the individual. So I suppose I will contradict what I just said and say I am looking for my truth, so I suppose yes..a truth seeker.

So what interests me, well firstly, my grandfather has been a Mason, and is rather high on the totem pole for over 50 years, so no I don't really buy into any Freemason conspiracy shenanigans. But again, that's my truth. not yours. I find myself interested in aliens, the future of the world and where it is going, the powers behind what moves us to where we are going; like the moon dictates the tides, what dictates our future; politically, socially etc.

I'm interested in events such as Waco, ruby ridge, and the OK city bombing, although they are all thought to be tied and linked together.

Also, I don't know why but I have a weird, obsession with cults and learning about cults and the mindsets of cultists IE: Jim Jones, Heavens Gate etc.

Im slightly intimidated to be on here as people n the forums seems to be highly, and much more intelligent than I, and fear I will pretty much singled out, and maybe even, bullied? silly I know, but its true, some of the things I read I don't even know how I would respond because its way above me. But I wanted to be part of the community so here I am.

I will end for now with a quick fact about me: I have a death row pen-pal in Florida.

Any questions I'd love to hear from you, and will answer anything honestly and openly.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You won't be bullied here, the good folks around will make sure of it.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, kid, welcome to the site. I'm a young man at sixty one.

Sounds like you got a few problems with your ticker, hopefully you can get the transplant someday.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

OK Old man, just don't be kicking any of us kids off of your lawn!

(jk, I am only two years younger than you)

I look forward to hearing your posts, and I have many of the same interests.

If I can say one thing, it would be do not be intimidated by anyone. Not just here on ats, but anywhere.

You have an entire life of experience that is unique to you. You bring a perspective that is unique and genuine (I ope you would agree with that). As Christopher Hitchens says in the quote in my signature.

" Picture all experts as if they were mammals."

Most people are neither as dumb or as smart as they seem.

I won't pretend that no one will try to sound smarter than you, but I assure you that most of the people on this board are good people even when they are disagreeing with you. You have as much to add to this board as anyone else.

Thanks for joining and nice to meet you.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Welcome aboard brother.

Sorry to here about your condition.

We are explorers searching for the truth of many things. ATS is pretty cool, but as of lately turned to political as far as American politics go.
But, aside from that point, there are riches to find and explore in the many forums provided here.

I , for one, am intrigued in ancient anything. from technology to history. And bigfoot, or sasquatch.

If you need help any resources , I have plenty to share.

Good luck on your time on here.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Welcome "old man" to the ATS family. You will fit in just fine with us other old people. I'm twenty years older than yourself. Just right whatever you feel like sharing with us here and don't worry about the jerks that act like bullies. The are nothing but 12 year olds anyway.

edit on 5 23 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Welcome Sir! May you enjoy your time here. Always seems to be a few bad apples but they do not spoil the bunch on ATS.
Sounds like you are lucky to be alive and I hope your health improves.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Old???

Hahaha that's not old. Not telling you how old I am.
Its a great place with great information and great people...

Except for the ones who always bully me.

Just kidding.

Welcome

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! You should do just fine here. I hope all goes well with your medical issues!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't feel I've earned a right to say welcome, but there you go.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Welcome! I made my first thread this morning and they went pretty easy on me. I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

P.S.

I went through heart failure 5 years ago. Hopefully, they will get you fixed up soon. I still have my up's and down's but I am back to a regular routine.

Just keep in mind, don't let your thoughts get the best of you. Stay positive.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
you are not that old

Welcome , here take this pic with you .

This is an old man of Circassia , my Grandpa .

edit on 23-5-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I find having a death row pen pal odd because usually those on death row deserve it...why the mercy for his/her evil deed(s)?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Welcome to the community.

I will end for now with a quick fact about me: I have a death row pen-pal in Florida.
Question, do you communicate via snail mail or internet with the person?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Well, hello, and welcome!! Don't hesitate to post; the mods are pretty good about seeing to it that we all behave. Your writing here doesn't show a lack of intelligence, either. Lots of good forums you can peruse, to find topics of interest. We all have different interests, and ideas, and it's fun to share them, and debate the various conspiracies!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Man if you think your old wait until You reach 1000 these kids these days with their newfangled airplanes and cars. I miss the good ole days of carrying a sword in my hand and going raiding and pillaging.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thirty-four years old? Holy heck /on stereotypes; I need to knit in a rocking chair now. Dye my hair silver to fit in! Nah, really that's about average or below average, ages ranging from an average of 30s to 60s on this site.

Welcome anyway! Not gonna sugar coat it, there are many topics where you need a thick skin. Many as well where ad homs flow freely open and under the radar.
edit on 23-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: years*

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Hii welcome to ATS

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Lol Old Man! Alrighty then. Perhaps Old Soul would be better fitting since you could probably be the son of many of us around here age wise.

I think it is clear what topic you might consider pursuing as your first one. I'm pretty confident that your communications with an inmate on death row would be quite interesting to many here. Of course that depends on your comfort zone, but it really might be a good starting place. Just a suggestion from a truely old lady that's a decade short of being twice as old as you.

See old enough that I almost forgot to say Welcome to you...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well thank you everyone for the words of encouragement in joining the forum!

I think I feel old due to my medical issue, left ventricular heart failure at my age hit me hard. But with my Lvad I feel like iron man some days. But yhea the ups and downs mentally are there... then again I've been told I have a gypsy soul since I was a teen.

I wasn't expecting such a warm and welcoming response. I think I was worried regarding the bullying/singling out due to a life time of being "diffrent".

However you have all eased my mind and I'm glad I did, especially if the folks are as humble as all of you.

Thank you for all the best wishes regarding my health. I appreciate it. I honestly do.

Regarding the two questions about my penpal.

D8Tee - I write to her. I send photos, posts cards, drawings etc.

InTheLight - we never talk about her case. I'm aware of what she did, and have an issue with a lot of how she was interrogated and tried. She got death, the other person got life. Guess which one had a public attorney. But why do I have mercy and write to her? Regardless of act she's a human being, by nature we are sociable. Being on solitary for 23 hours a day in a cell and then 1 hour of solitary rec time is extremely unnatural and mentally damaging to a person. I don't condone what she was alleged and convicted of doing, but she still a human being who yerns for social contact. I hope that makes sense. If before the state kills her I can give her the feeling of friendship, that somebody out there actually cares regardless of her past, then I hope I can provide that.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Ghostsinthefog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join