It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Britain and France residents...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Help a ('trying not to worry') mom/wife out?

Given the recent attack in England -

Just 'how' worried should I be that my husband and two teenagers will be traveling from the U.S. to vacation in London and Paris for two weeks starting this Sunday?

The trip has been a year in the planning and was booked, bought, and paid for months ago - not sure cancelling is even an option...

Thanks all!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

In the opinion of a faceless person on the internet, they'll be fine.

Hope they enjoy the trip!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

hmmm
www.abovetopsecret.com...

worried ?
as much as you need to be I guess

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My son (33) is traveling tonight from the midwest-through London and on to Germany. I'm not happy but if I say anything he'll just laugh at me. I'm not happy either.
So, Ijust spoke to my son and kiddingly said to stay away from the Muslims in Germany-he said are you kidding-how racist and hung up on me. Seriously.
I think he has become an SJW and is immature in his thinking. Where did I go wrong?
edit on 23-5-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

he's right
he's got no face

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Just 'how' worried should I be that my husband and two teenagers will be traveling from the U.S. to vacation in London and Paris for two weeks starting this Sunday?

No more worried than them taking a visit to New York.

They are more likely to die in the plane flying over to Europe than in a terrorist attack, so i wouldn't worry about it too much.

Actually thanks to the terrorists, its make visiting Paris really cheep so just take advantage of that

edit on 23-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

The trip has been a year in the planning and was booked, bought, and paid for months ago - not sure cancelling is even an option...

Thanks all!

In almost every case I would say no problem, but the threat level has just been raised to critical in UK so even if there is no real chance of anything happening there will probably be inconvenience for sure.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

On the one hand I would not be overly concerned but would be observant of my surroundings such as oddly placed big flower pots (we have had 3 bombs go off with the last one injuring many people all were stored in flower pots) and large gathering places which make for easy targets . The last bomb went off at a store called BIG C but it was a car bomb (50+ injured) which is something like Walmart in the states.. The terror attacks in France and England are not restricted to those two locations but seem to be a world wide scenario by religious nut jobs Ooops sorry think they are called freedom fighters now by some because they certainly like to fight freedoms..

I would be more worried about immigration and the government than the terrorist if it were me...

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

Many children among casualties; ‘mass killing’ cited as motive

PATTANI: -- ABOUT 50 people were injured by a huge car bomb outside a department store in Pattani in the deep South yesterday afternoon that also caused widespread damage.

The bombers used a common tactic in the insurgency – triggering a small initial explosive inside the Big C department store, which sent shoppers running outside in panic, before the second bomb concealed in a pickup parked at an entrance door was detonated. The first bomb also seemed intended to distract authorities ahead of the second much bigger blast.

No matter where you are in the world we are not completely safe so live your life and try not to be stupid..

edit on 727rdk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
My son (33) is traveling tonight from the midwest-through London and on to Germany. I'm not happy but if I say anything he'll just laugh at me. I'm not happy either.
So, Ijust spoke to my son and kiddingly said to stay away from the Muslims in Germany-he said are you kidding-how racist and hung up on me. Seriously.
I think he has become an SJW and is immature in his thinking. Where did I go wrong?

Hard to say but I feel sorry for you that you have a son like that.

Lostgirl....have them try to avoid large crowds if possible, the coward terrorists will always try to hit large crowds for maximum damage and casualties.
I wish them luck and hope they stay safe.
edit on 23-5-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

As long as you're not planning to terrorise either City, you should all be fine

If you're worried of others terrorising either City while you're there, then you've already let them win and you should probably cancel your trip or just not show up for the flight

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They'll be fine. Security is tight. And this stuff is very rare.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Thanks all!

I can't speak for Paris but working round London, having several friends and acquaintances in and working for the Met and anti terror squads in London, from what they've told me it's probably one of the safest cities to be in right now.

Of course the good guys need to be lucky all the time, the bad guys only want to and need to be lucky once though....

Your family should be fine, come enjoy their vacation, London is a great city

MR

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
no fearin' 'n' augerin' stuff where i am

Weatherwise ... that's another thing

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
just to echo everyone.

they will be fine security is high without being OTT around all the "touristy" places.
they only need to be as vigilant as you would be in any large US city.

they will have a ball.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

50% moreso than before. But we ignored the dangers of any trip....so it breaks even to worry that now.

Really...the odds are greatly against anything happening. Nothing in life is for sure though...but I wouldnt necessarily worry any more than usual...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric
a reply to: DBCowboy

he's right
he's got no face

I heard he's got a lovely face.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thank you all so much for the kind responses!!!

This is one of those things where my rational mind is saying the same basic things you all are -

- but it's just in the nature of my 'mom/wife' mind to worry...

...so, I really appreciate all of you for being so reassuring!!!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Your still 4 times more likely to be murderded in the USA so i would be more worried about them staying at home

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

just my opinion - but as americans - your family are at greater risk of being involved in an incident involving a motor vehicle [ RTC ] than terrorist incident

in london - they will have to deal with the fact that we drive on the left - and in paris - there are no rules

apart from that - i hope they have a good trip

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Probably more at risk of ordinary street crime to be honest.
London is a hell hole if you stray away from the posh bits. Paris is pretty much the same from what I have read.

I shouldn't worry too much about terrorism, very long odds of getting caught up in anything. Probably more chance of getting shot in a road rage thing in the US to be frank. Just make sure they buy you something nice when they come back

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join