It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reality of Terrorism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I'm sorry to be unclear on this matter. Prevent training, government lead, in house training from senior leaders on regular updated safeguarding issues.
Police training, updates on local cases, cases within the community and how to recognise factors.
Channel, organisation to help those being targeted.
If anyone has concerns about a young person you can
Speak to the police, N.S.P.C.C WEBSITE, MindEd, Educate against Hate website [a website designed to help parents with the information, tools and resources to recognise and address extremism and radicalisation in young people]

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sussy
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I'm sorry to be unclear on this matter. Prevent training, government lead, in house training from senior leaders on regular updated safeguarding issues.
Police training, updates on local cases, cases within the community and how to recognise factors.
Channel, organisation to help those being targeted.
If anyone has concerns about a young person you can
Speak to the police, N.S.P.C.C WEBSITE, MindEd, Educate against Hate website [a website designed to help parents with the information, tools and resources to recognise and address extremism and radicalisation in young people]

Thanks but still not clear enough as I would have loved to have had a point by point description but never mind I can understand.

As I asked earlier on, is the following link one of your official training links? : www.gov.uk...

Last question : WHO is the official entity that trains you at the school?

Thanks

Lags

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Firstly what do you know about mental health?

You want to know why we have terrorism in the world? Look at the guy in this picture and read his story:

www.latimes.com...

One man approached a bag that contained the body of a pregnant woman, touched it, talked to it, then began to cry and wail. Civil defense workers had to lead him away.

That guy in the picture is your next terrorist attacker!

edit on 23-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Not to sound patronising but....

I have been to these events aslwell afternoon training sessions about spotting radicalisation or suspicious activity. The whole PREVENT teaching sessions stuff. It's very boring, I actually also sat in on other stuff around major incident planning which was more interesting

It hardly makes you a expert on the subject Op. I think if you had been working as part of a counterterrorism unit for a number of years I could take this more seriously. Do you actually have any recognisable qualification or experience in CT other than looking for suspect kids in a school yard

I have a really sad interest in reading up on the history of terrorism and counter terrorism and I would never call myself a expert but I do know when I have had to sit in these sessions I have found them to be very dull.

edit on 23-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sussy

Hang on, are you saying that every few months you are given a update on ongoing counterterrorism investigations in your are because I find that very hard to believe.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We discuss cases that have been dealt with. I am talking about young people who are school age. I'm not talking state secrets.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

We discuss cases that have been dealt with. I am talking about young people who are school age. I'm not talking state secrets.

Ok then fair enough.

But really mate it sounds like you have just sat in one of those "workshops to raise the awareness of prevent" courses it hardly means you are trained in "targeting and appointing terrorists" as you say in your OP. I also don't see why you would need to do one every 6 weeks. Honestly I think like tens of thousands of other people you have been sent on a WARP course and are now massively exaggerating your role.

I think that terrorism is also a very small part of the safeguarding young people in education program. In fact I had a look at a government paper on it and it doesn't mention terrorism

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Dp

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22265002]sussy[/ I said MY training and knowledge I didn't say I was a bloody expert. You know what, why bother making a post when all you get is people picking on the slightest thing and not discussing the topic.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

a reply to: [post=22265002]sussy[/ I said MY training and knowledge I didn't say I was a bloody expert. You know what, why bother making a post when all you get is people picking on the slightest thing and not discussing the topic.

Dude you said you wanted to discuss your training and knowledge in targeting and appointing terrorists. Soon as I read that I am expecting you to say you are ex-millitary or worked for the police, intelligence services, was a academic on the subject or worked for some other such organisation..... not school support staff.

I would bet that you CT training has been a WARP course and perhaps once listening to a talk form the police one afternoon.

Am I wrong??

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Is RADICALISATION, not targeting and appointing terrorist to kill in their own homeland?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Gorgeous Collie

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Smiles..... Thank you

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Let me try to get around this because i am not trying to be annoying.

So the title of your thread is.... "the reality of terrorism".

You start your thread with this

I was like to discuss with you all, my training and knowledge of targeting and appointing terrorist, to kill in your own homeland.

To me right away that implies that you have extensive training in terrorist acquisition and counter-terrorism..... not that you are a class room assistant (not that I dont think your job is not important, i mean no disrespect)

Now would i be right in saying that the extent of your training in this matter has been attending a WARP course (which you may not even have done in your role) and sitting in on a talk by the police on the radicalisation of children??

I think that your job in safeguarding young people is a important one but at the same time you are exaggerating how much of that is involved in terrorism. I too have done some stuff for my job around child protection and most of it was around spotting signs of abuse of one kind or another. I would hope that is the focus of your role and not spotting who might be radicalised. Furthermore I also dont believe really that every 6 weeks you get a update on terrorism, rather I think you mean a update on safeguarding children ie. recent cases of abuse and other contemporary issues in child protection, not specifically counter terrorism as your post suggests.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Oh at last you have decided to actually read the post. You read it wrong, not my fault you really want some inside intel.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Oh and unbelievable as it might sound, we are told how many high alerts are in our area every 6 weeks in case we need to LOCK DOWN!!!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Springer cross??

I have had to send my Collie to the parents for a while, new landlords won't allow a pet, breaks my heart even though I see him every day

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Oh at last you have decided to actually read the post. You read it wrong, not my fault you really want some inside intel.

I read it before i made my first post and i dont expect inside intel, because i highly doubt you have any

Now you have said that:

I was like to discuss with you all, my training and knowledge of targeting and appointing terrorist, to kill in your own homeland.

As such this thread basically comes down to the extent of your training in "targeting and appointing terrorists".

So what training have you had specifically?

Furthermore would i be right in saying that in your remit of safeguarding young people in education terrorism is only one small part because i dont think its even mentioned in the government paper on the subject. I would also like to know more about these 6 weekly meetings, because again i highly doubt that terrorism is the focus of these meetings.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Oh and unbelievable as it might sound, we are told how many high alerts are in our area every 6 weeks in case we need to LOCK DOWN!!!

So what is this like a email that is sent out to your head every six weeks?

again i fail to see how this puts you in any position to be touting out your training in terrorist targeting....

I just feel like you are massively exaggerating your role.

Its like me saying i once watched a couple of documentaries on the rocket engine and now i am wanting to discuss with you all my knowledge what propulsion system we can use to send man to mars

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I asked the same question and sadly did not get the responses that I would have so much liked to have learned from the OP so I have given up here.

Warmest

Lags

<< 1    3 >>

join