It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Lawyer Says Fairness isn't Required and Supports Poverty Wages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Pot calling the kettle black?

So a lawsuit against the DNC, by Democrats who supported and donated to Bernie Sanders are suing the DNC for misuse of their donations by rigging the election for Clinton and screwing over Sanders.

Bruce Spiva, a lawyer for the DNC, argued in its motion to dismiss that the party holds the right to select its candidate any way it chooses and is not bound by pledges of fairness.

Another lawsuit has been filed because the DNC doesn't pay a "fair" wage. But isn't it the left that is demanding everyone else has to pay about $15 per hour to their employees?

The DNC this week filed a motion to dismiss in the second class-action lawsuit, which alleged workers at the Democratic National Convention and through the election were not paid a minimum wage, while others were refused overtime compensation guaranteed by federal and state law. The 2016 Democratic platform characterized the current federal minimum of $7.25 per hour as “a starvation wage and must be increased to a living wage. No one who works full time should have to raise a family in poverty.”

Just another example of how the left are complete and utter hypocrites. Even their leaders...the leaders of the DNC are corrupt, don't care about their people, use donations meant for Sanders to support Hillary, etc. Forgetting all the lies and corruption they execute upon the right...they even screw their own supporters.

These are the bastards that you support...the ones that don't give a crap about you...the ones who take your money and then screw you over. They have been doing it to the black community for decades, to the illegal immigrants for years and guess what? They have been doing it to you too.

Read about the lawsuit here: FoxNews
edit on 5/22/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I would say I was surprised but...I'm not. What I find funny is the one and only day of paid work in politics I've ever done was on election day for Obama's first run. I canvased about a month before the election as a volunteer and the day of one of my family members got me a paid gig doing it. I made 10$ an hr and got a guaranteed 8hrs pay even if I worked less...How on earth did I make more then than those working the culmination of the DNC primary...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Oh man, this is a campaign commercial for 2018!

hahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

RE: "No one who works full time should have to raise a family in poverty"

Nice to you see you right wingers are finally come over to the side that is morally right.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
These people are hypocrites of the highest order. Only insane or room temperature IQ people want them anywhere near power ever again.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I say attorneys arent required and tge entire profession should be abolished.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Wages are a seperate issue. I think most people realize they need to go up, but it's money... everyone is going to justify keeping a bit more for themselves. It's the sort of thing where we're all going to have to go kicking, screaming, and pushing each other.

Now, for DNC fairness... I just don't agree. They're a private organization, they can pick their nominee in whatever fashion they wish. Actually, I'll go a step further. One of the main things I look for in a President is looking at someone who can take a system, know it's biased against them, participate, and still win. The fact that Hillary rigged the system in her favor doesn't appeal to me, because she won't be able to rig international negotiations where people are teaming up against us. I liked Bernie, but the fact that he couldn't even overcome something as simple as a primary despite his support shows that he didn't have the negotiating talents to navigate the political waters.

In contrast, for as much as I dislike Trump, he took a primary that was rigged against him and he beat the system. That speaks to me.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

RE: "No one who works full time should have to raise a family in poverty"

Nice to you see you right wingers are finally come over to the side that is morally right.

Call me confused.

You're saying the 'right wingers' are agreeing with "the side that is morally right", and you're referring to the 'left wingers' obviously.

But the left winger's are paying minimum wage (allegedly, at least implied).

So everyone agrees with 7.25 minimum wage and that's morally right?

Anyways, I'm pretty sure neither the right or left has a claim to moral superiority at this point. I find politricks to be very immoral every day as time passes us by.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Did you miss the point of the OP being the side that always argues how wages need to be raised...Paid their workers for the primary a crap wage by anyone's standards in the industrialized western world.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Pot calling the kettle black?

So a lawsuit against the DNC, by Democrats who supported and donated to Bernie Sanders are suing the DNC for misuse of their donations by rigging the election for Clinton and screwing over Sanders.

Bruce Spiva, a lawyer for the DNC, argued in its motion to dismiss that the party holds the right to select its candidate any way it chooses and is not bound by pledges of fairness.

Another lawsuit has been filed because the DNC doesn't pay a "fair" wage. But isn't it the left that is demanding everyone else has to pay about $15 per hour to their employees?

The DNC this week filed a motion to dismiss in the second class-action lawsuit, which alleged workers at the Democratic National Convention and through the election were not paid a minimum wage, while others were refused overtime compensation guaranteed by federal and state law. The 2016 Democratic platform characterized the current federal minimum of $7.25 per hour as “a starvation wage and must be increased to a living wage. No one who works full time should have to raise a family in poverty.”

Just another example of how the left are complete and utter hypocrites. Even their leaders...the leaders of the DNC are corrupt, don't care about their people, use donations meant for Sanders to support Hillary, etc. Forgetting all the lies and corruption they execute upon the right...they even screw their own supporters.

These are the bastards that you support...the ones that don't give a crap about you...the ones who take your money and then screw you over. They have been doing it to the black community for decades, to the illegal immigrants for years and guess what? They have been doing it to you too.

Read about the lawsuit here: FoxNews

I would suggest you resist using generalizations of the "left." It undermines your reasonable points.

The Democratic Party is not "left," and hasn't been since Bill Clinton. At best it is center. Some even consider it center-right on war, economics (neo-liberalism), etc.

Most real leftists hate the DNC. I'm a leftist, and I despise the DNC, the Clintons, and most like them. And yes, they are hypocrites.

You also must separate normal liberals from Democratic Party elites.

Now can we have a thread about how ALL conservatives everywhere are horrid, ignorant, racist, greedy people, because people assert the leadership of the Republican Party is?

edit on 22-5-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
I say attorneys arent required and tge entire profession should be abolished.

In ancient China (during several periods) there were no attorneys, and they considered attorneys to be immoral as they profited at the expense of those whom the legal disputes were centered on.

I often find a lot of wisdom in that concept.

However the problem is, we can't just abolish the concept of attorneys, we'd also have to get rid of 90% of our legal system. There are too many statutes, policies, rules, etc for any normal person to even know how to handle, and we'd have to do something with our gluttonous common law precedent system because researching cases is a incredibly challenging endeavor often times.

As it stands right now, 95%+ of the population NEEDS an attorney because they simply don't have the time or education needed to navigate this insanely massive legal system effectively.

The US has the biggest most intricately convoluted and labyrinthine legal system in the history of the world. It makes the Byzantine system look incredibly simple.

This is the most overlooked yet, in my view, one of the most important problems that we as a civilization must deal with and resolve.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Wages are a seperate issue. I think most people realize they need to go up, but it's money... everyone is going to justify keeping a bit more for themselves. It's the sort of thing where we're all going to have to go kicking, screaming, and pushing each other.

Now, for DNC fairness... I just don't agree. They're a private organization, they can pick their nominee in whatever fashion they wish. Actually, I'll go a step further. One of the main things I look for in a President is looking at someone who can take a system, know it's biased against them, participate, and still win. The fact that Hillary rigged the system in her favor doesn't appeal to me, because she won't be able to rig international negotiations where people are teaming up against us. I liked Bernie, but the fact that he couldn't even overcome something as simple as a primary despite his support shows that he didn't have the negotiating talents to navigate the political waters.

In contrast, for as much as I dislike Trump, he took a primary that was rigged against him and he beat the system. That speaks to me.

NAh, that's bull. And I'm a liberal.

They claim to the public that the primaries are impartial. The charter of the DNC says THAT THEY ARE. Not only that, but people give money to the organization and to these campaigns. It's false advertising.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Regardless of what they say, they have a super delegate system. It cannot be impartial. Both the Republicans and Democrats have systems that give the parties a very high degree of control over who they choose to run.

It's not a bad thing either. For years the parties made their own nominations internally. The smaller parties still do so. They only have a public vote to create the illusion of democracy.

Again, they're a private organization... why should they be impartial and open?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Regardless of what they say, they have a super delegate system. It cannot be impartial. Both the Republicans and Democrats have systems that give the parties a very high degree of control over who they choose to run.

It's not a bad thing either. For years the parties made their own nominations internally. The smaller parties still do so. They only have a public vote to create the illusion of democracy.

Again, they're a private organization... why should they be impartial and open?

If the DNC isnt actually fair then they should be made to tell their supporters they are a private organization and regardless of your opinion they will choose who they want to even if you do not want them.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Why? Time Magazine does something similar with their person of the year.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
yeah but unlike TIME the dnc gets people elected.

new topics

top topics

join