It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump collusion is proven, should "conservative" media be prosecuted?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Vital? Absolutely?

Useful? Not when they mislead, lie, obfuscate, refuse to report, provide political cover, allow candidates / politicians to review articles before they are published to the media etc etc etc.

When media starts to be complicit in the crimes of the state they should share the same fate. Absent accountability media is no better than that of Joseph Goebbels.
edit on 22-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Fine with me. They're all trash rags

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Donald Trump has called the media, who, in a democratic republic, functions as the people's tribune, "the enemy of the people." Should the people's tribune be controlled by the State for the good of the people?

The mainstream media in the US is NOT a people's tribune but a mean of communication for the corporations owning the them.
ex : CNN is owned by Time Warner, Hillary Clinton's 7th largest donor ...

There is much more integrity to expect from independent medias. Even foreign medias, when they are not just copy/pasting from the MSM, are doing a much more interesting job covering the US actuality.
MSM are now affiliated with specific ideologies and the politicians defending them.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

I stand by my statements. Of someone broke the law,and of that includes non citizens then they should be charged.

So you agree Julian Assange should be extradited and tried for espionage?

Sure do.

Didn't mean he would get a full sentence. With enough, real, public outcry he could get off.

Just because you do "the right thing" doesn't mean you won't have to answer for it. He could be the reason for change to laws for his situation. Use the situation for good.

I think we want the same thing in that case.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
No, defending against rumors and speculation is not prosecutable. Claims based on FEELINGS do not constitute a news conference either. Its pathetic it receives air time and it just keeps getting pushed as true. Its killing media and dems credibility.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

When media starts to be complicit in the crimes of the state they should share the same fate. Absent accountability media is no better than that of Joseph Goebbels.

But the "mainstream medi" are currently in opposition to the State. That's why Trump's Stalinesque "enemy of the people" quote.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 20Eyes1974

Please explain. The President keeps making bizarre, emotional tweets that are then republished by the media. Whose credibility is being undermined by that, exactly?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

LMAO what conservative media, you men fox news and Rush Limbaugh. Go ahead and sue them, they'll die off like the rest of the failing media will. That'll just be the final catalyst, nobody above 30 watches the news, they'll be gone in a decade or 2.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

But the "mainstream medi" are currently in opposition to the State. That's why Trump's Stalinesque "enemy of the people" quote.

The left leaning media is not. They actively push the narrative against Trump and become more and more comfortable with reporting rumor and gossip so long as it damages the President. Wikileaks put out a list of media people that are essentially owned by the DNC / Clinton machine.

That type of media, as I said, is no better than Joseph Goebbels.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I don't think the media (in either case) has the responsibility to disclose information they have. Now, if the FBI comes knocking and they withold it, then by all means, let's hang em out to dry.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Wikileaks put out a list of media people that are essentially owned by the DNC / Clinton machine.

Then why was the email scandal covered at all outside of RT?

That type of media, as I said, is no better than Joseph Goebbels.

No, it is declaring media who are publishing the truth "the enemy of the people" that is reminiscent of Goebbels.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I don't think the media (in either case) has the responsibility to disclose information they have. Now, if the FBI comes knocking and they withold it, then by all means, let's hang em out to dry.

So if the media have evidence of government corruption or a conspiracy to commit treason they have no responsibility to the nation?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Fools

Collusion is in no way illegal. Find me any law that uses the term collusion as evidence of illegal activity.

The media are being polite. What is being called "collusion" could result in a charge of conspiracy if it is founded. If a conspiracy can be proved, should the charges be extended to the media that supported it, if only through silence?

Collusion is a practice of economics and market competition that is illegal in the United States. Collusion involves the cooperation, often in secret, of rival companies to gain some mutual benefit at the expense of another company, or other group. Ideally, the economy is a function of supply and demand, which drives prices, equalizes profits, and increases job availability. When companies join together in an attempt to manipulate prices, especially when such collusion minimizes consumer choice by minimizing or eliminating competition, it is an unlawful act.

legaldictionary.net...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Typical trolling thread not worthy of the ATS I once knew ...... clearly the ATS standards of old have been cast aside ......

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

[snipped]
Hypothetically, if it turns out that Team Trump is proven to have been colluding with a foreign power, do you think "conservative" media should be held accountable?
How about if Team Clinton is found to be in collusion wit Comey to stop the investigations into the Clinton Foundstion and take Trump down in the process. the media cannot be held accountable for a hypothetical. What good is it to ask if it should be. There was no collusion on the part of Trump. However there was collision between the MSM and the Clintons.
Where is the collusion between the media and Trump? CNN is an opinion gossip monger and is as untruthful as the Pravda was during the Cold War
edit on 23-5-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I don't care what happens at the end of this giant, political circus NO media outlet should be prosecuted for anything. The 1st Amendment is more important than the current political reality and it is uncompromisable.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

No they are not...they are in opposition to a sitting POTUS while the Deep State goes on doing what it does.
edit on 23-5-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The former POTUS invited the non citizens in to do exactly that on behalf of the DNC and the Progressive agenda. What part of that don't you see Is wrong? The Clintons and the MSM are simply covering their derrières in their own agendas.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

No they are not...they are in opposition to a sitting POTUS while the Deep State goes on doing what it does.

I don't understand.
can you provide more info please?
that is a rather alarming statement, and what are we to make of it?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

The former POTUS invited the non citizens in to do exactly that on behalf of the DNC and the Progressive agenda.

I assume that you are referring to the alt-right lie that Obama encouraged voter fraud.

What part of that don't you see Is wrong?

For one thing, the fact that it never happened?

The Clintons and the MSM are simply covering their derrières in their own agendas.

Uh, no. It is Trump supporters who are throwing as much garbage in the air as possible in the hopes of distracting the public from what is really going on.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join