It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I deal with the knowledge I live in a different reality than the world I was born in.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I remember getting in trouble in school for mocking a girl about her braces because of the Moonraker film, and the same with mocking about Billy Graham when his death was announced here in the uk , My religious grandparents were not amused one bit , that sticks with me all those decades later

But it must be a faulty memory me and many others share i guess

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I dont believe in the ME.

I do think timelines shift and get altered. I think there is tech, alien, native...what ever, that tries to understand it and hopefully control these changes.

I think its all mental though. We could break away from reality if we wanted to. On many levels we want to be here..... Are scared to die, change or evolve past ourselves.

A slave will stay a slave even if he thinks his immortal soul is GUARANTEED to be free and happy once they die.

Most slaves dont need to be watched for suicide.

We dont need to be restricted by anything to never touch our higher functions.

We do it to ourselves because WE WANT to be here and for this world to be as it is.

Realize this and take the next step.

edit on 5 21 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

It is strange how everyone remembers all the same things that are out of place now yet others say we have a bad memory

Dollys braces
Mirror mirror on the wall
Silver leg on c3po in Star wars
Billy Graham dying
California dreaming words being Began to pray
South America moving East on a 3d globe

I thought Dolly had braces. But then again I put my tv remote in the freezer once and couldn't find it for days.

In the original Brothers Grimm story, it is "mirror mirror" and Disney changed it for the movie. The story is so widespread, read to kids from story collections at bedtime etc that's it's essentially part of our collective consciousness and we pretty much all hear it as kids, diffused in one way or another. Stuff gets muddled.

I think folk are dead all the time. I forgot we buried a great aunt once too.

There are a bunch of pics of c3po with a silver leg via image search maybe merchandise, I seem to remember it that way at some point in the movies.

Mixing up lyrics is one of the joys of popular music and very much a thing.

Heaps of people are way crapper than they think at all sort of stuff, geography included.

Plus i'm guessing you like getting baked a lot.

It's not the best evidence for time shift based shenanigans.

I'll agree that life can be damn weird though.

edit on 21-5-2017 by skalla because: rogue apostrophe

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Yet no one associated with the movie remembers it.

It's faulty memory. Just like millions all hear a song and get the same lyrics wrong.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Plus i'm guessing you like getting baked a lot.

You put the remote in the freezer and forgot you buried a aunt dude what are you smoking

never been that bad but thank you for the laugh bud

edit on 21/5/2017 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
No one has really answered your question. It really freaked me out for a while too, as it would anyone who experienced it. Eventually I came to see it this way: the world was always a mystery and that hasn't changed. It's almost still the same, but different in some ways. Maybe these changes have always happened. We may never know why. The majority of the people I know haven't experienced and think I'm over-the-top to talk about it as a real thing, but I was always regarded as a bit eccentric, so that hasn't changed my life much. It's a relief to see other people who've experienced it sites like YouTube and ATS
So, I'm not alone and we can discuss it together. So much better than if I was entirely alone with it.

I would try focusing on how many things are still the same and try to brush off the changes as 'who knows' and 'life was always a mystery anyway.' I'm not saying you shouldn't discuss it or research it if you want to, or feel you need to. Just saying, emotionally it's important not to let it weigh on you. And at least you're not alone

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I no longer have any underwear but I have about 20 pairs of socks.
What is happening?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

Yeah, while I have noticed a marked change over the last 20 years, I started to get an odd sense that everything was "off kilter" around 2010 too.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yep. "Berenstein Bears"and "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of all?" That's all I ever remember it being. I don't know where this "Berenstain" and "Magic mirror" crap even comes from. I'd stand before the eternal judge and state that as fact.
edit on 21-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I no longer have any underwear but I have about 20 pairs of socks.
What is happening?

The underwear pixies stole them and you're in the wrong thread.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I remember Mickey Rooney dying like 15 maybe 20 years ago, yet, just a couple of years ago, I heard he died again... I was like, "Wait, didn't he die years ago?" Everyone was like, "Nope, you're mistaken." Maybe so, but it's odd as hell to me.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: Night Star

Yep. "Berenstein Bears"and "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of all?" That's all I ever remember it being. I don't know where this "Berenstain" and "Magic mirror" crap even comes from. I'd stand before the eternal judge and state that as fact.

I was explaining the Mandela Effect to my mom today. At first she just looked at me like I'm crazy which is typical when I tell her about the topics on ATS.

After I told her about the "mirror, mirror" thing and a few others she became a bit more interested. There are a few I just kinda shrug off because I'm not sure about but some things I just know have changed.
edit on 21-5-2017 by jafo1973 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2017 by jafo1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

I might have been mistaken about Mickey Rooney dying years and years before he did... Still not convinced, but I might have been... However, I KNOW for a fact that it was always "Berenstein" and "mirror, mirror." That is not an error on my part... Either they changed it over the years, or something else is going on

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Why is the question.

Because you're better than the rest of us.

More enlightened, smarter and just....better.

Amiright?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

No.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Why is the question.

Because you're better than the rest of us.

More enlightened, smarter and just....better.

Amiright?

No you're not. Many people who haven't experienced anything out of the norm seem to assume that those of us who have feel we are special and above others or we're mental or have bad memories or whatever.

I myself have not experienced all of the Mandella effects, but I have experienced some. A lot of people refuse to even post in these threads anymore for fear of ridicule.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'd just like to add one more post involving my own personal speculation about this strange topic.

I think somebody said we should see this as a manifestation of something strange and hard to understand, but the strangeness of our existence in 3D was always strange for the open minded. I agree.

Here are some unaswerable questions I have.

Who or what is responsible for this? I tend to reject "what" in this case. What, meaning a force of some kind, couldn't have done this. No way. So who is the big question. One entity pulling this off seems kind of ridiculous. A group of god-like entities, only called gods by we humans because we are not far away from being savages, is more likely. Why are they doing this is a big question.

Is this thing benevolent or not. That's what I'd like to know, but all I can do is stay awake in a calm way, and hope for the best. Hope for the best for anybody who has a heart that cares for other people.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Maybe it's parallel universes, alternate dimensions/realities and somehow quantum mechanics are at play. Who knows?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Someone stated that most replies don't answer the question in the topic, and i was just the same so here goes.

It was too big for me to handle. Seriously i was going to flip out of my mind. So about this Mandela effect subject i try to embrace ignorance to remain relatively sane.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I suppose I should answer the question as well.

For me I couldn't believe that some things actually changed. It was shocking, yet It didn't freak me out. I was curious. I was confused. I also knew that there was so much more to life than we could ever imagine and that so many things are possible. We can only theorize, speculate and wonder.

I go on with my life as I always have and remain curious and open minded about many things.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join