It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Global Climate Change Stimulate an Evolutionary Leap in Mankind?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Sometimes knowledge and evolution is the same thing. Change how the Amygdala works and the being have more tools/senses to know reality and bliss states, almost maximizing the logical ability and creative ability at the same time. Being able to look at data almost perfectly objective.

Some day the majority of Humans will evolve into Homo Sapiens Spiritus and they will use technical cunning to do it. Humans technically changing how the Amagydala works with the body having to go thru a drastic Amagydala fear overload or spend decades meditating the Amagydala into bliss states.
edit on 21-5-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
Will Global Climate Change Stimulate an Evolutionary Leap in Mankind?

The next human evolution, like a quantum leap, will be the evolving of humanity into Universally Enlightened, Universal unconditional Love.
This will be complete in a short couple of centuries.
Between now and then, we either become the Love into which we evolve, or we cannot be.
The 'gene pool' needs one Helluva skimming, and global warming and war is part of the process of eliminating those that cannot evolve and healing, thereby, the insanity of the ego!
From this Perspective, global warming and war and disease... are not 'bad' things, they are necessary things!
Exactly what is needed is provided! Always! *__-

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
Perhaps if the climate really does change in 100,000 or 200,000 years

Are you not on Earth?
Are you in a cement bubble?
6 years here?
How deep the denial?
How blind?

I don't think that there is anywhere on this planet Earth that does not experience weather instability/unpredictability.
Other than in your bubble, that is, but it must get pretty stale in there... *__-

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

As humans adapt to change we always leap but unfortunately the kind of change to happen in around 13 to 16 years will take the human race to the brink leaving the "EASTER ISLAND" vision of the future for the human race by 2182 a very real possibility...

Easter Island vision?? Stripped the Island bare and only the Moahi left to show for it... Akin to the Human Race this Island Earth and it's resources.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

They will understand the Oneness and therefor understand that the predatory cannot be allowed to prey on the non predatory.

Universal unconditional Love for the predatory have always been a dead end that is causing more suffering than it is solving. Or are you including total reprogramming of the soul in Universal unconditional Love that is an extreme manipulation of the soul and a extreme breach of the golden rule?

You cannot have the predatory insane not praying on the non predatory if you do not either disconnect them or totally reprogram them. Disconnecting them is ok by the golden rule. Reprogramming them totally is not ok by the golden rule. The only way you can reprogram them and it is following the golden rule is if they want to be reprogrammed and give consent and are logically aware (and non blissed) of what is happening being able to stop the process at any time.

There will always be mental institutions where the predatory insane will have to go to be either temporarily discarded, low reprogrammed or disconnected to have time to re evolve.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

They will understand the Oneness and therefor understand that the predatory cannot be allowed to prey on the non predatory.

'Predatory'?
Are you speaking of humans or praying mantises?
Unconditional Love/Enlightenment cannot be 'understood', to be Known something must be 'experienced'! Lived!

Universal unconditional Love for the predatory have always been a dead end that is causing more suffering than it is solving.

You are discussing something of which you have no experience, no Knowledge.
And addressing every statement from ignorance will be a waste.
Knowledge of your guessing and theories is only knowledge/experience of your guesses and theories, which is NEVER correct regarding the transcendental.

Or are you including total reprogramming of the soul in Universal unconditional Love that is an extreme manipulation of the soul and a extreme breach of the golden rule?

Neither do you know what a Soul is, and that it cannot be affected by anything, ever.

You cannot have the predatory insane

I will say that all forms of health; mental emotional, physical and spiritual are predicated on the ability to Love, unconditionally.
Other than unconditional Love is already insanity, already Hell!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: whywhynot
Perhaps if the climate really does change in 100,000 or 200,000 years

Are you not on Earth?
Are you in a cement bubble?
6 years here?
How deep the denial?
How blind?

I don't think that there is anywhere on this planet Earth that does not experience weather instability/unpredictability.
Other than in your bubble, that is, but it must get pretty stale in there... *__-

So ridiculous attacks and ridicule is your method of comment and debate. Not very advanced.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

TBH, that will probably be where the next rapid evolutionary leap comes from.

We have essentially skipped over the long process of evolution for several species already.

I wonder when the first GMO-cybernetic human will come about? Maybe they're already here?

I'm hoping to take part in this evolutionary process. Even if just in a small part.

I believe that if we are to colonize our immediate cosmic neighborhood we will need to eventually follow this path anyway. Space is incredibly inhospitable to life in our form, it would be prudent for us to make modifications of our bodies - augments using cybernetics genetic engineering, and novel materials and computers will likely get us there.

Climate change, in my view, is simply a catalyst as we transition from a type 0.8 level civilization to a .9 or 1 level. Using a modified version of the Kardashev scale.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Irrespective, why didn't the dinosaurs adapt to new conditions..

Many did. That's why we have birds today.

Most of the very large ones couldn't get enough food however.

Then again, the events that caused that great extinction event was a "good one day, cataclysmic event the next day" quite literally, due to the asteroid impact. This is evident through many geological features and fossil records. It was easier for smaller life forms to survive.

The OP is referring to a change of climate spanning years, not an instantaneous cataclysm event.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Here's something interesting to note:

There are two things that can cause these sorts of changes. One is known as plasticity. In many plant species, genetically identical individuals will grow short in windy conditions and tall in calm ones. Humans are plastic, too. Over the past two centuries, for example, people in industrialized countries have become much taller than their ancestors, mainly due to the extra protein and better health they’ve enjoyed (and the extra protein and better health their mothers have enjoyed while they were pregnant).

e360.yale.edu...

I believe this refutes the claims made by earlier protesters that humans essentially stopped evolving in regards to their environment. People will more than likely adapt to a changing climate.

It was discovered that people who lived in harsh and risky environments such as Arctic areas where food was scarce, developed and used many more complex tools than people who lived in areas such as tropical rain forests that were far less harsh and risky.

This suggests that where the climate was harsh and food was hard to come by as part of the process of evolution the population needed to develop new techniques in order to stay alive. These techniques included the need for more complex tools.

www.earthtimes.org...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I believe this refutes the claims made by earlier protesters that humans essentially stopped evolving in regards to their environment. People will more than likely adapt to a changing climate.

Partially, a change in diet with the body(ies) adapting to better/more nutrients would support the initial analogy, but for the genes to become 'fixed', it takes a long period of time, consistency and steadiness in the relative diets, then and only then can a 'selective sweep' begin; which is not an overnight process.

eg. I take two young plants, pot them separately, feed one a highly rich diet and not the other. One grows at a normal pace, the other flourishes. The flourishing plant did not evolve.

This suggests that where the climate was harsh and food was hard to come by as part of the process of evolution the population needed to develop new techniques in order to stay alive. These techniques included the need for more complex tools.

This sounds more like "the mother of invention is necessity" to me.

mg

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

edit on 21-5-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Firstly, I never stated that "humans have stopped evolving in regards to their environment"

Thanks for putting words in my mouth though.

What I did reject is your supposition that believes that climate change could be "the next evolutionary leap in humanity"; which - in this day and age - is beyond unlikely.

Your recent example of becoming taller due to the industrial revolution is not an "evolutionary leap in humanity", it's just another mutation that stuck. It certainly is not as profound as what your op states "dramatic climatic shifts are the defining moments of how humans became human.

Which, again, I don't doubt that they were, but they aren't going to effect us as dramatically as they did pre-modern civilization because we control our own environments in our homes, there's simply no need for our biology to make such substantial leaps.

Take these organisms for example. Sharks, slugs, turtles, many types of fish and invertebrates have remained physiologically similar for hundreds of millions of years, because their respective environments haven't gone through massive changes, or if they did, their biological mechanisms were already suited for it.

Climate will be the same thing for us as it was for those species.

edit on 21/5/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Well I would argue birds are not dinosaurs and dinosaurs didn't survive at all
Seems to be no dinosaurs alive now, unless birds are dinosaurs to you

Birds are dinosaurs, come on ghost, really.
Do you think birds are triceratops, that they are pleiseosaurs are T Rex's are dinosaurs, really
Cos they look like birds to me

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
world get hotter! you think Leap!
um! Australia, Africa, India, Egypt.
Only Leaping will be lots of Kangaroos!
LOL

hmm? Egypt built the pyramid.
its hot now and look how dumb they are NOW!

edit on 21-5-2017 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Earliest evidence of civilization

The earliest evidence of large scale construction by man is found in Gobekli Tepe (near Urfa in southern Turkey). This site is roughly 300 meters by 300 meters and contains intricately carved stones. It is 12,000 years old and predates Stonehenge and the earliest Egyptian pyramids by over 7,400 years. Construction at Gobekli Tepe began during the Younger Dryas19 “Big Freeze.”

The Younger Dryas was a sudden and short lived (geologically speaking, the Younger Dryas cold period lasted over 1,000 years) return of very cold weather, similar to the cold that existed in the Last Glacial Maximum. The Gobekli Tepe site is composed of multiple circular stone monuments; the tallest pillars in these monuments are 16 feet high and weigh over seven tons. The rings are 65 feet across and probably have religious significance. Construction of the site appears to have occurred during a hiatus in the sea level rise between 11,000 and 12,000 years ago. Then the site was mysteriously and deliberately buried around 10,000 years ago. The reasons for its construction and later burial are not known. But, one can probably safely speculate that it was buried to protect and preserve it. This task was accomplished and it is remarkably well preserved for its age.

Alternatively?

Prehistoric humans — perhaps Neanderthals or another lost species — occupied what is now California some 130,000 years ago, a team of scientists reported on Wednesday.

The bold and fiercely disputed claim, published in the journal Nature, is based on a study of mastodon bones discovered near San Diego. If the scientists are right, they would significantly alter our understanding of how humans spread around the planet.

The earliest widely accepted evidence of people in the Americas is less than 15,000 years old. Genetic studies strongly support the idea that those people were the ancestors of living Native Americans, arriving in North America from Asia.

If humans actually were in North America over 100,000 years earlier, they may not be related to any living group of people. Modern humans probably did not expand out of Africa until 50,000 to 80,000 years ago, recent genetic studies have shown.

www.nytimes.com...

Traditional Polynesian navigation was used for thousands of years to make long voyages across thousands of miles of the open Pacific Ocean. Navigators travelled to small inhabited islands using way finding techniques and knowledge passed by oral tradition from master to apprentice, often in the form of song. Generally each island maintained a guild of navigators who had very high status; in times of famine or difficulty they could trade for aid or evacuate people to neighboring islands. As of 2014, these traditional navigation methods are still taught in the Polynesian outlier of Taumako Island in the Solomon's.

Polynesian navigation used some navigational instruments, which predate and are distinct from the machined metal tools used by European navigators (such as the sextant, first produced 1730, sea astrolabe, ~late 15th century, and marine chronometer, invented 1761). However, they also relied heavily on close observation of sea sign and a large body of knowledge from oral tradition.[1]

Both way finding techniques and outrigger canoe construction methods have been kept as guild secrets, but in the modern revival of these skills, they are being recorded and published.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-5-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Well I would argue birds are not dinosaurs and dinosaurs didn't survive at all
Seems to be no dinosaurs alive now, unless birds are dinosaurs to you

And you're free to argue that point.

The quote of yours that I responded to was this:

Raggedyman: why didn't the dinosaurs adapt to new conditions...

Which didn't imply that Dinosaurs survived and live today. But many certainly did adapt to the 'new conditions', and those new conditions did that lead to most of them dying off.

Do you think birds are triceratops, that they are pleiseosaurs are T Rex's are dinosaurs, really
Cos they look like birds to me

No, I already told you the larger dino's died off.

Ghost147: Many did. That's why we have birds today.
Most of the very large ones couldn't get enough food however.

It's not a matter of belief, we have actual physical evidence of the divergence of many species into what we know to be Birds today.

We also have embryonic evidence in birds today that show vestigial points in their development which are remnants from their ancestors (that would be dinosaurs).

We also have fossilized organisms that have feathers, yet weren't yet capable of flight, and fossils with hollow bones, and fossils with beaks that still had teeth, and fossils that show physiological traits that were the transition from terrestrial to air, and bones from living birds today that still have other features that were seen in dinosaurs.

But! I was just letting you know. If you'd like further information, feel free to make a topic on the matter and I'll respond to it there so we don't lead this thread off topic, diverging it from it's original (like Dinosaurs to birds
)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

No its cool
Just thought it funny because you have air conditioning you think every one else does
Maybe those without A?C will evolve differently to those who dont, new species?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

A cooling climate is much more dangerous to humanity than a warming one.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

No its cool
Just thought it funny because you have air conditioning you think every one else does
Maybe those without A?C will evolve differently to those who dont, new species?

I find that explaining virtually anything to you (specifically you) is beyond your scope of understanding anyways. So if my explanations won't help any other people reading, there's really no point in holding a conversation with you. But, You can believe whatever you think I believe if it makes you feel better

You do you, brother

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join