It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

perfume and cologne

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
do you wear a fragrance? most of the time? all the time?

i like good cologne but i hardly wear any. a bottle will last me years.

what would you recommend? interested in hearing from ladies and guys

i have a bottle of hugo boss that i like
i dont get too expensive. i like burberry london...cool water is nice. joop is nice too.

my wife likes the # from bath and body..the sprays. she goes to the semi annual sales and tears it up.

i really want to get her a bottle of chanel 5 but she does not want it. its supposed to be the 'best'....i dont know how you can rate a scent as the best...

her favorite is harajuku lovers.....

what fragrances do you like?

what about that bull# at walmart that smells like a pine tree? aspen and old spice....

edit on 20-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

My son and I are using a Bath and Body Works hair and body wash called Mahogany Woods right now. My daughter dragged us in there and we were smelling things while she took forever picking out whatever it was that she wanted.
So we bought some and a matching cologne. It doesn't smell horrible.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

never used any of the guys stuff from bath and body but the ladies stuff does smell nice

fun fact about chanel. her lover murdered rasputin

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I suggest essential oils. Certain ones will react possitivley with you and certain ones will react negatively with you. After you understand which ones are your "friends" you can try blending 2 or more.

You will also realize they may have positive or negative effects on people you are around.
edit on 20-5-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I used to wear Joop after high school, but now I can't stand it (far too sweet). When I was younger I always liked Drakkar Noir, and it still smells nice, although very distinct.

When I started back college in my mid to late 20s, I liked and wore Gucci Rush, but then switched to Armani Code.

Now, I usually only wear Armani Code, which I love, but usually only wear it when I'm going out, or when I'm working and want to make a specific impression, lol.

Rarely, I will wear Azzaro Chrome. It's lighter and sweeter and more of a daytime/warm weather fragrance, but it is pretty powerful. Armani is a lot more subtle, which is why I prefer it and the way it interacts with my chemistry.

But yeah, a bottle lasts me years, too.

I see someone mentioned essential oils, which I haven't really used, but Nikki Reed made us some homemade Zen oil that smells pretty rad.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Though there are some wonderful perfumes and colognes out there, many are just horrible. Also people tend to wear too much and it is overpowering. I love things that are rose scented, orange or lemony and other florals or fresh smelling. Creams are best. The spray bottles you can't control how much will come out and when you want a hint of something and end up smelling like you took a bath in it...no good. LOL

Also love scented soaps and oils. Irish Spring is nice or some herbal soaps.
I can't remember the names of the men's scents I like.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
When I was younger I always liked Drakkar Noir, and it still smells nice, although very distinct.

when you were younger did you own a persian night club and wear a gold chain and a mustache?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

When I was younger I always liked Drakkar Noir, and it still smells nice, although very distinct.

Yes, that is one of the men's fragrances I remember liking.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

when you were younger did you own a persian night club and wear a gold chain and a mustache?

Grew my first 'stache at 10, had my first Persian night club at 12, and the rest is history.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have long hair and a beard and only use Dr. Bonners Almond soap as shampoo and body wash. The ladies seem to like it....
I don't smell it anymore.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I prefer scents that are subtle, not overpowering. Someone has to be very close to me to catch a sensational whiff.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Grew my first 'stache at 10, had my first Persian night club at 12, and the rest is history.

nice reply

just ribbing you man

i have very specific memories attached to drakaar.
shalimar is another that gives me that image

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I prefer scents that are subtle, not overpowering. Someone has to be very close to me to catch a sensational whiff.

That's how it should be.

You want to draw people closer to you with your nice scent rather than it being overpowering and driving them away.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

That's how it should be.

You want to draw people closer to you with your nice scent rather than it being overpowering and driving them away.

agreed.
i cant stand the people that seem like they took a bath in the #

i dont wear cologne often and when i do it is just a touch....

one time my wife dared me to spray some on my satchel.....dont ever do that
its a burn like you never want to feel

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

yeah thats a true story
i cant be too graphic but it happend.
1 spray and i was burning bad
tried to cool off in the sink but i could not get a good angle

had to fill a cup with water and dip

my wife was rolling

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I can't stand the smell of perfumes and colognes or finger nail polish. It will take away my breath almost instantly. I avoided church and big social gatherings indoors because those smells made it feel like I couldn't get oxygen and my thinking went down the tubes. I would rather smell a person without that crap on them, the smell of soap does not bother me much. But highly scented soap bothers me a bit. I also do not like the smell of some flowers, they smell way too strong for me in the flower stores.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Stop it, I'm still laughing! Bahaha!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Stop it, I'm still laughing! Bahaha!

glad my pain gives you a laugh

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link