It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peer-Reviewed Journal Publishes Gender Studies Story Claiming Penises Cause Climate Change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Funny, here is a good example of bogus "peer reviewed" non-sense. A honey trap of bull-crap that the academics swallowed hook, line, and sinker. We hear about "fake news" all the time, here is an example of "fake academia" which is probably most of academia.

www.cogentoa.com...

dailycaller.com...enis-gender-studies-hoax-gets-published-in-peer-reviewed-journal/

The paper, they said, “was rooted in moral and political biases masquerading as rigorous academic theory. Working in a biased environment, we successfully sugarcoated utter nonsense with a combination of fashionable moral sentiments and impenetrable jargon. Cogent Social Sciences happily swallowed the pill. It left utter nonsense easy to disguise.”

“‘The Conceptual Penis as a Social Construct’ should not have been published on its merits because it was actively written to avoid having any merits whatsoever,” the authors concluded. “The paper is academically worthless nonsense. The question that now needs to be answered is, ‘How can we restore the reliability of the peer-review process?’

edit on 20-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat May 20 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

second link is 404 and the first says only this

Anatomical penises may exist, but as pre-operative transgendered women also have anatomical penises, the penis vis-à-vis maleness is an incoherent construct. We argue that the conceptual penis is better understood not as an anatomical organ but as a social construct isomorphic to performative toxic masculinity. Through detailed poststructuralist discursive criticism and the example of climate change, this paper will challenge the prevailing and damaging social trope that penises are best understood as the male sexual organ and reassign it a more fitting role as a type of masculine performance.

im bummed cause i was hoping to read about fat dick making it hot in ohio

really though i read the above but i dont understand it
edit on 20-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well...I shall not be giving up my penis to change the weather...they have a plan b?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The Kek is strong.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Maybe there should be a penis tax, based on size and geographical location.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

wouldnt cost me much

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

And people act like CERN did not split the Universe and we are actually living in an alternative universe!?

originally posted by: Lysergic
The Kek is strong.

If it was not for the proud people of Kekistan we would not stand a chance, they may try and continue to oppress us, but we shall stand strong and with our meme magic continue to fight back the normies delusions!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I'm glad they did that, actually.

Academia must be held accountable and be able to demonstrate intellectual rigor through peer reviewing, not the passing off of mangled buzzword garbage pseudo intellectual crap as valuable research. Nor should vaguely activist word vomit be held up as social science.

They pwned the ivory tower on that one!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Want the true article?

And interview with Gloria Steinem.

Interviewer asks;
People argue that climate change and other issues are also feminist issues. What do we lose by broadening the meaning of the term?

Steinem answers;
Are you kidding me? Listen, what causes climate deprivation is population. If we had not been systematically forcing women to have children they don’t want over the 500 years of patriarchy, we wouldn’t have the climate problems that we have. That’s the fundamental cause of climate change.

www.diogenesmiddlefinger.com...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They are saying that a Penis isn't an organ of the body, but rather a social act of power.

So in other words, everyone has a penis to some degree (including all women).
We already knew this though.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Funny, here is a good example of bogus "peer reviewed" non-sense. A honey trap of bull-crap that the academics swallowed hook, line, and sinker. We hear about "fake news" all the time, here is an example of "fake academia" which is probably most of academia.

www.cogentoa.com...

dailycaller.com/2017/05/19/conceptual-penis-gender-studies-hoax-gets-published-in-peer-reviewed-journal/

The paper, they said, “was rooted in moral and political biases masquerading as rigorous academic theory. Working in a biased environment, we successfully sugarcoated utter nonsense with a combination of fashionable moral sentiments and impenetrable jargon. Cogent Social Sciences happily swallowed the pill. It left utter nonsense easy to disguise.”

“‘The Conceptual Penis as a Social Construct’ should not have been published on its merits because it was actively written to avoid having any merits whatsoever,” the authors concluded. “The paper is academically worthless nonsense. The question that now needs to be answered is, ‘How can we restore the reliability of the peer-review process?’

I bet the article is a parody piece.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Want the true article?

And interview with Gloria Steinem.

Interviewer asks;
People argue that climate change and other issues are also feminist issues. What do we lose by broadening the meaning of the term?

Steinem answers;
Are you kidding me? Listen, what causes climate deprivation is population. If we had not been systematically forcing women to have children they don’t want over the 500 years of patriarchy, we wouldn’t have the climate problems that we have. That’s the fundamental cause of climate change.

www.diogenesmiddlefinger.com...

Knew that it wasn't being sold correctly..

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Wait till they blame penis's for unplanned pregnancy....

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I didn't know Will and Grace counted as "peers"

Interesting

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is just another scheme to keep the black man down.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It’s a bit of postmodernist nonsense, doubtless published by a radical feminist in a size XXL leather trenchcoat. This is the kind of thing that no sensible person gives any attention to.

But it’s all part of academic freedom, freedom of speech and whatnot.

There’s a sizeable segment of radical left academia. They peer-review each other’s nonsense and call approvingly for its publication. It is published. Nobody in the wide world gives a damn.

Or gave a damn. Now the radical right has latched on to this and is making big drama. What a great way to slander academics, peer review, liberals, leftists and radical feminists in leather trenchcoats. Make them all look like intolerant idiots.

A gift from the gods, eh? Here’s another. I give you... The Sokal Affair.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

really though i read the above but i dont understand it

I think that was the whole point. It's nonsense.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Newsflash, if you are ugly, you need to compensate with a good personality.

You do need a reason to be liked.

Men will like you again, and you can learn to love again

-not start a man loathing jealousy blog

Take it from me, a good looking a-hole

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
then i blame non-lactating tits for the drought

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Heh!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join