It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiratorial tale of murder, with Fox News at the center

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A conspiratorial tale of murder, with Fox News at the center
Man I love this article's title. So dramatic! So anyways, this is about Seth Rich. Recently there was a thread asking why liberal media isn't talking about the Seth Rich story. Well here it is (well to be honest, the thread named CNN, but I got that covered). Liberal media IS talking about it. Just not in the way the right predicted.

APPARENTLY it's all fake news. Manufactured by the original manufacturer of fake news itself. Fox News. Oh and Rich's is family is PISSED! They are threatening to take legal action against Fox if they don't retract their coverage.

Rich’s family is demanding a retraction from Fox for airing unsubstantiated claims about the Democratic National Committee staffer, whose death last year generated a wild river of theories and innuendo about who was behind it.

Later in the article:

The reports drew outrage and demands for a retraction from the Rich family’s representative, Brad Bauman.

“The family is officially asking Fox and Fox5 to retract the [stories] and to immediately apologize to the family for the damage they have caused,” Bauman said. “If they do not retract and apologize, we will consider our options to hold them accountable for the damage they have done. They have impugned and destroyed Seth Rich’s legacy through careless reporting.”

But hey check THIS out:

Fox’s latest reporting on the unsolved crime has an odd twist: Much of its work relies on a private investigator who is also a Fox News contributor. The investigator, in turn, is being funded by a frequent Fox News guest.

So there we have the answer as to why liberal media wasn't covering this story. The story was being invented and funneled right into Fox News and Fox affiliate anchor's hands.

Fox News and WTTG-TV — the Fox-owned broadcast station in Washington — revived the buzz surrounding the Rich story with a series of reports beginning Monday night.

Most prominently, Fox News reported Tuesday that Rich sent more than 44,000 DNC emails to a source affiliated with WikiLeaks before he died. It based the claim on a federal investigator, whom it didn’t identify, and said it was confirmed by Rod Wheeler, a private investigator in Washington who has been working on behalf of the Rich family. But the family now sees Wheeler as someone who’s helped to smear the memory of their son.

I cannot stress this enough. The Seth Rich Wikileaks connection is FAKE NEWS.

Rich’s family slammed the Fox report as false, and Wheeler, a former D.C. homicide detective, appeared to back away from it on Wednesday. He said in an interview that he could not confirm the identity of a federal investigator making such an assertion and that he had no direct knowledge of it.

Fox’s reporting has an unusual background, given the tangle of relationships among some of the principal players. Wheeler is a Fox News contributor, and his private investigation of the Rich case is being financed by Ed Butowsky, a Texas money manager who sometimes appears as a guest on Fox to discuss economics and personal finance.

So if CNN, WaPo, and other liberal media outlets are guilty of purveying fake news because they report on a story without all the facts, what do you call paying for and financing your own news to report on?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Apparently unnamed, anonymous sources are okay if they make Clinton look bad, but are evidence of "fake news" when they impugn Trump.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Apparently unnamed, anonymous sources are okay if they make Clinton look bad, but are evidence of "fake news" when they impugn Trump.

Or if they say Trump is bad. Oh my!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Guys. Guys. This thread isn't about Trump.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

This week, both Fox News and WTTG-TV published and aired reports, sourced to private investigator Rod Wheeler, that said evidence showed Rich had been in contact with Wikileaks before his death.

Notice the difference?

Unlike this:

But a law enforcement official told CNN that the FBI never had possession of Rich's laptop and did not conduct a forensic analysis of its contents.

Not to mention that whole Julian Assange offering a reward, I guess that's pretty easy to overlook.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Nice try:

Rich’s family slammed the Fox report as false, and Wheeler, a former D.C. homicide detective, appeared to back away from it on Wednesday. He said in an interview that he could not confirm the identity of a federal investigator making such an assertion and that he had no direct knowledge of it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Yea, I didn't put much stock in it either. You can even find my post on the original thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...nice try.
edit on 19-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Notice the difference?

Yes; one of them quotes an unnamed police official, the other one quotes a PI who makes a claim without attribution.

Not to mention that whole Julian Assange offering a reward, I guess that's pretty easy to overlook.

Where does he do that?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

One is named. As in Wheeler owns this. Whether he be right or wrong, his name is on it. Unnamed official could be anyone and thus no culpability, but you know this.
Here

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Manufactured by the original manufacturer of fake news itself.

CNN ?
I thought you said it was Fox.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

So the family demanding a retraction means nothing to you or the fact that this WHOLE thing is being financed by Fox News doesn't make you the least bit suspicious?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I do believe it was a FOX affiliate that sued and won a lawsuit to lie to the country was it not?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Your as predictable as the sunset Krazy!

Everything the MSM does makes me suspicious man, lookit mah threads!

Are you surprised? Have you not seen this pattern all around you the past year?

Anyone with critical reading skills saw the article for what it was, opinion. Theantedalluvian pretty much outed him and Fox news later in that thread I linked. IMO he should be catching a paycheck from CNN and Wapo. (Not to be inferred as schilling!)
edit on 19-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

So you are admitting the Seth Rich story is fake news then?
edit on 19-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
regardless of what the Family of Seth Rich's DNC Handler has to say, his death was super suspicious and it's really unlikely that he was killed by a mugger. Given the facts, it looks like a hit and looks like starting with the DNC to look for evidence would be a prudent move. Even if it makes some people angry.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Given what facts? You haven't presented any facts. Just your opinions buffered by an obscure reference to "facts". -I- provided facts in the OP. Why don't those facts matter?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It's funny how that's the case.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So you are admitting the Seth Rich story is fake news then?

Like I said, predictable, and no.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Can you stop with the ad hominems? Have I disrespected you in the thread to warrant them?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Wonder what kind of threats the Rich family received that they don't want their son's murder solved? If that was one of my two kids, I wouldn't rest until I knew what happened and justice was served...but then, I've never been known to scare easily...
edit on 19-5-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join