It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN ignoring SETH RICH

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Why is CNN not reporting on Seth Rich?

ABC, MSNBC, are silent too!

Russia?

+4 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP

Russia?

Because it doesn't fit the narrative they've been forcing. My guess is WaPo won't have it either....

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In all fairness, Wheelers story alone is tantamount to hearsay. He hasn't brought anything to the table yet besides his opinion and perception.

As much as I want it to, I don't see anything new. Unless there is another part to the story I missed.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

RE: "was a botched robbery"

You snowflakes don't accept this narrative as being true? Why would the police lie?

+20 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You snowflakes don't accept this narrative as being true? Why would the police lie?

Botched robbery BUT successful murder....yea okay.

If you sleep better.

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I don't think it's outright lying by the P.D.
I think it's more of a "we were told not to touch this with a 10ft pole" type of thing.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Half the stories those organizations put out are based off heresy...How would it make a difference all of a sudden. I mean at least the source here isn't unnammed officials who previously worked in government.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

I think it's more of a "we were told not to touch this with a 10ft pole" type of thing.

I think that you are correct.
Typically, robbers take something from the victim.
Even if you botch it, by killing the victim, the objective of getting something of value is still there.

It is possible that something was stolen from Seth, like a thumb drive.

The primary objective, his murder, was accomplished, IMO. Not only was it to silence him, but to send a warning to others.
IIRC, there was a reference in the Podesta emails to sending such a message to people that were not loyal.... right before he died, and the leaks stopped.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Thankful for the small favor especially if it convinces more to do the same.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Russia?

If the Russians did kill Seth, it's his fault for not having a better understanding of computer security in the first place. In today's age you have to be smarter about firewalls and remote access.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Just my opinion.

After reading more about this I think maybe the FBI is doing the investigation and told the local police to hold off.

edit on 16-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The dying mainstream media don't cover actual events.

Increasingly unless it can be spun as a borderline seditious attack piece on the President it's not worth mentioning.

They might go full anarchist soon in an attempt to conform to the political views of their dwindling viewership.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Just my opinion.

After reading more about this I think maybe the FBI is doing the investigation and told the local police to hold off.

Probably. It will be interesting if that's the case- now that comey is gone some of these crimes might actually get some attention.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Because it would invariably lead to questions about Ol' dodgy and Bernie getting shafted and the sackings and stuff because it all happened around the same time - they don't want to open up a can of worms.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Even if you botch it, by killing the victim, the objective of getting something of value is still there.

The primary objective, his murder, was accomplished, IMO. Not only was it to silence him, but to send a warning to others.
IIRC, there was a reference in the Podesta emails to sending such a message to people that were not loyal.... right before he died, and the leaks stopped.

I'd like to know if there were powder burns on Richs clothing indicating a close shot, or none indicating a longer range shot. The reason I say this is because robberies are typically at close range as you would be telling your victim to give you their wallet, keys, etc....

If there is no indication of a close shot then this possible robber had deadly intent before potentially robbing the victim, and for the robber to have that intent and still not take anything is really odd.

It would suggest a possible prior for the shooter and maybe even a ballistics match to the bullet.

Are there any public records available for the forensics in this case at all?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I thought he had a laptop that was grabbed by FBI agents that hasn't been seen since the murder.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

“I have seen and read the emails between Seth Rich and Wikileaks,” the federal investigator told Fox News, confirming the MacFadyen connection. He said the emails are in possession of the FBI, while the stalled case is in the hands of the Washington Police Department.

One of the sources is a federal investigator confirming the emails. James Comey is the investigator....i would bet on it. He is leaking all this. CNN and others not covering this story are showing their bias.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: butcherguy

I'd like to know if there were powder burns on Richs clothing indicating a close shot, or none indicating a longer range shot. The reason I say this is because robberies are typically at close range as you would be telling your victim to give you their wallet, keys, etc....

If there is no indication of a close shot then this possible robber had deadly intent before potentially robbing the victim, and for the robber to have that intent and still not take anything is really odd.

It would suggest a possible prior for the shooter and maybe even a ballistics match to the bullet.

Are there any public records available for the forensics in this case at all?

My guess is there will be no actual ballistics matched on the slug (.380 slug in a .45 sabot shell) and probably no powder burns (neoprene in the end cap of the silencer) probably just find your run the mill nothing, nothing, nothing......

And no, ther are no public records available at this point.
edit on 5162017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

He did and it is suppose to be in the possession of the FBI according to the article. At one time according to the PI the laptop was in the hands of the DC police and they turned it over to the FBI. Still too early to get any facts from any of this as right now it just another story floating around and in DC robbery is entirely a factual event even if they didn't get anything of value from him.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

At 330am?

Toxicology report?
Cell phone records?
Emails???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join