It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Commission on ‘Election Integrity’ Will Lead to Massive Voter Suppression

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is not about illegals, no matter how many times you lie, I mean claim it is. It's about stopping democratic groups from voting which is what Republicans do every election, such as limiting early voting in democratic precincts.

Republicans are evil and traitors to America.

Sorry, you cannot win the voter ID battle. Not a single person with common sense thinks that voter ID is voter suppression.

Insane partisans yes. The stupid and gullible yes, the rest of us, No.

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The same people who don't want voter ID to exercise a right. . . demand ID for firearm ownership (another right).

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Who wants another good laugh at the Democratic parties penchant for hypocrisy?

Let's all take a moment and thank Allah for hillary rodham clinton, barrack Hussein, Debbie Schultz, Pocohantas, and the countless democrats who made their party completely irrelevant through treachery...

-Chris

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Yes, ineligible voters will be suppressed. Isn't that good?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The article says 1 out of 7 new voters in Kansas were blocked from voting while there were only a handful of illegals found voting. 

Only? Why so nonchalant?

I don't care if it only stops 1 person from voting illegally. I will gladly show ID.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: infolurker

The same people who don't want voter ID to exercise a right. . . demand ID for firearm ownership (another right).

You're implying that leftists can be consistent.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I see a great deal of posts referring to illegals voting...yet the article states that "found only four documented cases of voter fraud in 2016 out of 135 million votes cast, equal to 0.000002 percent of total votes." I'm really not sure I can make the connection here...where are all these documented cases of illegals voting? I'm all for an investigation if there is substantial evidence that there is wrong doing. Yet I don't see the evidence, just a lot of angry men who are claiming it.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
People should be required to show proof they contribute to the whole and pass a basic government understanding test before they vote. Otherwise people just vote to gain freedoms and possessions at the cost of another individuals freedoms and possessions. When I hear comments like "Just vote for everyone with a D next to their name" said by some woman on the phone to her mother. I wanted to walk up and revoke her voting rights for being such a complacent useful idiot of the establishment.

I'm almost to the point of suggesting only people who pay a property and income tax should be eligible to vote. As we actually have a stake in this game unlike a huge group of people. Who see the federal government as a vending machine that gives you free crap at the expense of other peoples labor, and their vote is a way to achieve those goals.

Call it fascist or whatever you want.
But the reality is the fascists are the ones that seek to take away what I worked for without offering anything in return. For all I care these slugs can move to Sweden. Who by the way is predicted to be a 3rd world nation by 2030 at the current rate or regression.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

People should be required to show proof they contribute to the whole and pass a basic government understanding test before they vote. Otherwise people just vote to gain freedoms and possessions at the cost of another individuals freedoms and possessions. When I hear comments like "Just vote for everyone with a D next to their name" said by some woman on the phone to her mother. I wanted to walk up and revoke her voting rights for being such a complacent useful idiot of the establishment.

It's none of your business what motivates people to vote and it's not your place to revoke anyone's rights.

I'm almost to the point of suggesting only people who pay a property and income tax should be eligible to vote. As we actually have a stake in this game unlike a huge group of people. Who see the federal government as a vending machine that gives you free crap at the expense of other peoples labor, and their vote is a way to achieve those goals.

I believe that is forbidden by the Constitution.

Edit:

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay poll tax or other tax.

Good thing there isn't a test of basic government understanding we have to take in order to vote. You would have lost your right to vote.

edit on 13-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Just curious. How do you get documented cases without an investigation?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Im confused if your not a citizen you cant vote. So if you stop people that are not supposed to vote is that voter suppression? I dont think they are going about it the right way but its also overkill to say they are some how suppressing the vote. One simple change would solve it all using IDs to validate a vote.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

# 1 So? Presidents have that power and it is NOT unConstitutional like the Liberal news keeps jabbering about.

Wrong. When Trump fired Comey he interfered with an ongoing investigation of him that is illegal.

# 2 Wrong. Fake news. Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

When did truth become important to Trump supporters? Sure wasn't when they elected him.

# 6 Most of the liberal MSM , with CNN leading the charge, is doing anything they can to spin Trump in a bad light. Including, knowingly mis interpreting anything and everything Trump does.

Dream on. Trump and his cabinet are so incompetent that they want to just release a statement instead of briefings because they cannot handle simple questions. CNN doesn't have to spin a thing about Donnie and his crew they do it to themselves.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You've got 4 years to get a drivers license. Democrats bus everybody to the polls, if they're implying black people are somehow uniquely too stupid to find a DMV(which seems kind of racist) they can bus them there. I can't even go fishing without an ID, why should I be able to vote?
edit on 13-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
You've got 4 years to get a drivers license. Democrats bus everybody to the polls, if they're implying black people are somehow uniquely too stupid to find a DMV(which seems kind of racist) they can bus them there. I can't even go fishing without an ID, why should I be able to vote?

That ID better be free because you cannot charge a person to vote here in America. Fishing isn't a right but voting is a right do you know the difference?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

This committee is nothing but candy for his base. He's still trying to make Hillary's three million more votes go away even though he won. What's his problem?

He doesn't need to make 3 million votes go away, since he won the election. The popular vote is totally irrelevant just like Hillary.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

That ID better be free because you cannot charge a person to vote here in America. Fishing isn't a right but voting is a right do you know the difference?

Gun ownership is a right. So you agree you can't charge a person to own one? It must be completely free?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Wrong (again)...

Section 1 refers ONLY to a Federally-imposed tax -- poll tax or otherwise. That does not prohibit the states (per the 10th Amendment) from requiring a state ID for one to be able to vote, even if that ID requires a fee be paid before it is issued.

This has already been established by the SCOTUS...

Crawford v. Marion County Election Board, 553 U.S. 181 (2008)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
one thing i find hilarious is the claim that there is no voter fraud thus why there doesnt need to be an investigation. its much like the ole marijuana debate that there is no benefits to marijuana yet there has been very little research done to study it.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Health card ID is free.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Define "Fascism", and please articulate how it wasn't already the norm long before Trump (i.e. under Clinton, and then Bush, and then Obama).

edit on 13-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join