It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mandela effect experience.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I debated posting this just for fear of ridicule lol.

But its anonymous so here it goes.

So I went golfing with my brother in laws last week and after paying for a green fee and cart we finished 18 holes and decided we wanted play nine more which we do every time if there is still enough daylight.

Now I am almost 46 years old and have been playing golf since I was 8 and have played this golf course a minimum of 200 times.

I have never ,not once,at any golf course been asked to pay a second green fee to play another 9 its just pay for the cart and go.

so when we go in to pay for the cart the girl says we need to pay another 25$ green fee plus the cart.

now she was new so we explained that we only have to pay the green fee once and we already payed it. she said since when? And in Unison my brother in law and I say since the beginning of time.

So she says she is going to get the golf pro and he comes back tells us the same thing . He said thats not how it works here and never has and he said he has never heard of a "green fee" being all day ??

I swear I thought he was screwing with me but he was serious. Then a couple guys who were at the counter said they had never heard of it either one guy said "I have played golf 40 years all over the country and have never heard of that"

It was like the twilight zone I said look we just did it here at this course 2 weeks ago and he looked at me like I was lying.

I remember being a kid and paying our green fee and walking 60 holes all day.

A green fee is the right to play the course for the day, always has been, that is why they call it a "green fee" and not just a round of golf.

Then I got home a googled green fee lol and I cant find anything to support what I know is true.

So the only thing I can come up with is "alternate universe".
Probably not alot of ATS golfers out there but if there are how do you remember green fees?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

No,I'm as old as u and played golf for a few decades.its called arsehole effect,on the courses part.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

No,I'm as old as u and played golf for a few decades.its called arsehole effect,on the courses part.

But the guys in the clubhouse didnt work for the course. Do you remember green fees being all day?
edit on 13-5-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Welcome to my timeline!!

I know it as "pay once for the day" as well. But what the h3ll do I know... I still swear its Berenstein Bears.

I wonder what/when it will take for the neigh sayers (sp?) to understand that it is a mind F# over with what you thought was the permanence of history.

I guess I have a bad memory of one singular event...
edit on 13-5-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Stoopid autocorrect

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Welcome to my timeline!!

I know it as "pay once for the day" as well. But what the h3ll do I know... I still swear its Berenstein Bears.

I wonder what/when it will take for the neigh sayers (sp?) to understand that it is a mind F# over with what you thought was the permanence of history.

I guess I have a bad memory of one singular event...

So I wanted to prove this golf pro wrong lol and started calling other courses I called 5 ,all of them I have played before they all told me green fee is for 18 and has never been all day.

Call your course that you know was all day and ask them.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Yep it's meant to be a day,I can't help,I just smack balls into the ocean for free these days.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
What is this, Golf?

Is it like cricket? I play cricket with my football, and never once had to pay anything except to wax my baseball bat.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

You said you talked with a new girl when you wanted to pay for the cart.

The guy who use to work there instead the girl wasn't charging you because he didn't know he has to do so.

He probably got fired.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

One problem. He said this has happened at every golf course he went to.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You said you talked with a new girl when you wanted to pay for the cart.

The guy who use to work there instead the girl wasn't charging you because he didn't know he has to do so.

He probably got fired.

I have been playing this course for over 20 years. Have never been asked to pay another green fee and played 27 holes countless times there.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I don't play. I know people that worked on courses and they never said that the fees are by number of holes. Or hourly. Or number of strokes!

I have buddies that do play so I will casually ask!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You have been going to that course for over 20 years, isn't there anyone that you know that works there that could corroborate your story? Btw, I have played golf in the past probably a 100 plus rounds, and I have never heard that greens fees are for the whole day. With that logic couldn't a person pay greens fees for 9 holes and than play 18 for the same price plus cart?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Sounds to me like you have been getting away with it, new girl doesn't know the rules so checks, and you were wrong.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

to be honest I've never played golf but as I understood the term it was for use of the green for the time you were there not just a round.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

You have been going to that course for over 20 years, isn't there anyone that you know that works there that could corroborate your story? Btw, I have played golf in the past probably a 100 plus rounds, and I have never heard that greens fees are for the whole day. With that logic couldn't a person pay greens fees for 9 holes and than play 18 for the same price plus cart?
it is a very busy course.

And yes you always could pay a green fee the same price for 9 or 18. Its the cart that gets ya.

Green fee have always been for the day on every course I have ever played at. including this one.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Sounds to me like you have been getting away with it, new girl doesn't know the rules so checks, and you were wrong.

I have not been getting away with at every public course on the city. This is why they use the term green fee.

I know I am right. This is my whole life were talking about .

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Were you ever expressly told by the course that the fee was a one time payment regardless of rounds played?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

For me, the understanding, if unspoken, is a green fee is always for 18. On a 9 hole, you are allowed to run through twice, on an 18, once.

Ive always paid for second rounds.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Were you ever expressly told by the course that the fee was a one time payment regardless of rounds played?

Probably not.. But Again I have played alot of courses in my life. And have played an extra 9 countless times.

It has always just been pay for the cart and go. Always, every time ,hundreds of times, dozens of courses.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

For me, the understanding, if unspoken, is a green fee is always for 18. On a 9 hole, you are allowed to run through twice, on an 18, once.

Ive always paid for second rounds.

I have always just had pay for the cart for an extra 9. I could walk all day for the green fee and we did it as kids every day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join