It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There always have been, and there will continue to be. This is a fact of life many of you can't seem to accept.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'd like to take a minute to give everyone in this thread (well almost everyone lol) a big round of applause, and an even bigger round of applause to the mods.

I don't know if anyone else has been paying attention, but this is not the mudpit. It's a very controversial and sensitive subject, 100 flags, 25 pages... and only one post removal.

The way it should be.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: kaylaluv

I have starred all your comments if it makes you feel better.

My favorite cousin came out as transgender, last week. Fortunately he's Canadian and their healthcare system will cover his counseling and medical treatments.

I support him fully and wonder how anyone could believe his gender dysphoria is due to living a 'deeply traumatized life.' He grew up in a normal, happy home...and he has three siblings that are not gender dysphoric. They are all perfectly happy and accomplished people. His parents seem to be dealing with his announcement pretty good, too.

This is just a vicious thread, IMO.

I was reading over the thread again, and realized I had missed this post.

Thanks for the support, and good luck to your cousin. Sounds like he is in good hands.

Yes, it is a vicious thread with lots of people who like to pontificate on something they don't really know very much about.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

PS: They also don't want to admit their "disease" especially after surgery and admit they were fools and pawns and now mutilated. Again...back to the suicide.

We all know from growing up people can change and sometimes dramatically, imagine getting surgery as young as possible, and then at 30 realizing you made a huge mistake, that due to some type of trauma you felt they way you did then, but now you sorted through it all and returned mentally to normality.

Imagine getting surgery as young as possible BECAUSE others told you that is what you need, because that is what they did and even though it didn't "fix" them, convince you to do so...just so they aren't alone in their mistake. And then at 30 realizing you were taken advantage of...or shall we say raped. Another unnecessary suicide. What a shame.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Again...they probably need some therapy to deal with that...but that would be my current suggestion.

Therapy alone has NEVER solved the problem of dysphoria. The dysphoria still exists and it is making them miserable to the point of suicide. Now what?

How simple do I have to make this...live your life as what you are and if you aren't happy with it, get some help. You really have only two choices:

1. Learn to love yourself for what nature and/or God made you.
2. Mutilate your body, become a freak and still hate what you are.

Sorry...life gives hard choices sometimes. I feel for anyone in such a situation. But butchering yourself is NEVER the solution. Your problem is in your mind...how you feel...what you think you are or should be. Maybe address that. And if as you imply there is no solution...continue looking.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah. People with tattoos are mentally ill. People who want plastic surgery are mentally ill.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Again...they probably need some therapy to deal with that...but that would be my current suggestion.

Therapy alone has NEVER solved the problem of dysphoria. The dysphoria still exists and it is making them miserable to the point of suicide. Now what?

How simple do I have to make this...live your life as what you are and if you aren't happy with it, get some help. You really have only two choices:

Sorry...life gives hard choices sometimes. I feel for anyone in such a situation. But butchering yourself is NEVER the solution. Your problem is in your mind...how you feel...what you think you are or should be. Maybe address that. And if as you imply there is no solution...continue looking.

Ignorant post. It is attitudes like yours that have caused many transgender people to end their lives because they are tired of looking. In reality, here are their choices: get therapy and transition to the point where your dysphoria ends, or... kill yourself because your dysphoria never ends.

edit on 14-5-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I love how uncomfortable this makes some people. It almost seems like some people are projecting their insecurities. Why do they care so much about what a private person does? You guys are practically talking like you can be happy in a world with gender variant people.
I can say unequivocally, because I know, these situations aren't pressure from society. It comes from a person's own biophysiological makeup.

Let me tell you a short story. There was this Russian girl who appears to be a teenager. She had a boyfriend that did tattoos and decided to let him tattoo his name on her face. While I have no idea about how she is enjoying her art now, I know for a fact that if I could do anything to pursuede her NOT to do something so extreme at such a young age...I would. Therefore...I do the same here. I won't cram it down anyone's throat who doesn't want to hear it, but ATS is about hearing other's opinions. This is mine.
Link to Tattoo Girl Before and After

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
It might seem new because of people who talk about it being a sickness needing curing that they didn't speak up as much in the past. It's real. And again , why should anyone feel like they need to "cure" gender dysphoria, because you're that uncomfortable living in society with those people.

OK...lets put it like this. If Gender Dysphoria is a problem that hurts people and they feel the need to fix the problem because their life is hell. This is like a person who is hallucinating that there are bugs climbing all over them and decide to cut them off with a razor blade. There are no bugs and you can't cure the hallucination but you do take away the razor blade...don't you?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Yeah. People with tattoos are mentally ill. People who want plastic surgery are mentally ill.

I was going to address your lame comment...but why waste my time. Maybe when you are older you will learn to read AND think.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Except in the real world, people who hallucinate can get help with anti-psych drugs. Anti-pysch drugs don't work on people with gender dysphoria.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Uh it shows how lame your post is. Also your other posts are lame as well. "I want to be a goat" is beyond dumb.
But thanks for playing.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Ignorant post. It is attitudes like yours that have caused many transgender people to end their lives because they are tired of looking. In reality, here are their choices: get therapy and transition to the point where your dysphoria ends, or... kill yourself because your dysphoria never ends.

So...lets review your options to the rest of the world on this topic.

1. Mutilate your body.
2. Die.

Apparently, your world of choices is way smaller than those actually available. I guess you are one of those "do what I do so I'm not alone" people. To everyone else here that may have this problem...PLEASE LOOK FURTHER AND IGNORE HER TWO CHOICE OPTION. Neither is a good solution.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes, it is a vicious thread with lots of people who like to pontificate on something they don't really know very much about.

Those who are sincerely concerned for people suffering from gender dysphoria have been given an opportunity to review their evidence, conclusions, and approach to advocacy in the light of how these things look to someone not suffering from their bias on the matter.

If they don't come back to the table at some later date better prepared, better able to advocate for these folks, then that's on them.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

"I want to be a goat" is beyond dumb.

Yes, and very disrespectful. Making fun of people with gender dysphoria who are suffering.

Typical though.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Uh it shows how lame your post is. Also your other posts are lame as well. "I want to be a goat" is beyond dumb.
But thanks for playing.

Don't be pissed that my view on this topic is more about actually solving the problem for people instead of resulting in a "solution" like mutilate your body or kill yourself. Interesting how you and a minority of others think this is a good choice to offer others...I don't.

If that makes me bad and you good...enjoy that hallucination.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yes, and very disrespectful. Making fun of people with gender dysphoria who are suffering.

Typical though.

So sorry I hurt your feelings. Maybe how dumb it is IS THE FREAKIN' POINT!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Typical though.

PS: Respect is earned.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Pissed? Are you projecting? Wait never mind. You're right. I'm pissed at how ignorant you are on this subject.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You have zero workable solutions. Keep looking- what a horrible piece of advice for someone who is suffering NOW.

My (and all the medical professionals who work with gender dysphoric people's) solution is:

Therapy first with a medical professional who specializes in gender dysphoria
Work with your team of medical professionals to transition up to the point where your dysphoria is relieved

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join