It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The disappearance of Phillip Kramer (Iron Butterfly bassist)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Iron Butterfly Mystery.

The mysterious disappearance of Philip Kramer.

Phillip Kramer was a bassplayer for the band Iron Butterfly who disappeared under mysterious circumstances on Feb. 12 1996.
Iron Butterfly is more famously known for its hit song In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

Kramer went missing after a few phone calls that were his last.
His background is enough to raise an eyebrow.

From wiki.
en.wikipedia.org...

Kramer later obtained a night school degree in aerospace engineering, he worked on the MX missile guidance system for a contractor of the US Department of Defense and later in the computer industry on fractal compression, facial recognition systems, and advanced communications.

I will include some snippets I find interesting.
This source is more of a blog but there is a lot that has been written so knock yourselves out.

www.skeptictank.org...

On May 5'th, the San Diego Union Tribune ran a lengthy story covering the disappearance. As I had expected, the story also covered the growing claims of conspiracy and possible abduction by mysterious agencies. Ron Bushy, Iron Butterfly's co-founder, was supposed to have been working with Kramer to schedule an Iron Butterfly reunion tour at the time of his disappearance. When the Union Tribune talked with Bushy about Kramer's disappearance, Bushy said "I honestly believe that he has been abducted by our government or an agency that is part of it or maybe a foreign government or a company." [Reference 1] The reason for this suggestion was the fact that just days before his disappeared, Kramer and his father believed they had worked out a mathematical breakthrough which would allow the nearly instantaneous transmission of matter which would also revolutionize the communications industry. "We're talking 'Beam me up Scotty' time," Bushy said.

Getting interesting isn't it??

Bushy goes on to say this

When the Union Tribune talked with Bushy about Kramer's disappearance, Bushy said "I honestly believe that he has been abducted by our government or an agency that is part of it or maybe a foreign government or a company."

There were some phone calls made which make this more interesting.

ultimateclassicrock.com...

“Taylor had told me a long time before, there was people giving him problems,” he said. “They wanted what he was doing, and several of them had threatened him. He told me ‘If I ever say I’m gonna kill myself, don’t you believe it. I’m gonna be needing help.'” Read More: The Mysterious Death of Iron Butterfly Bassist Philip Taylor Kramer | ultimateclassicrock.com...

But...

At 11:59AM, Kramer made a 911 call. “This is Philip Taylor Kramer. I am going to kill myself,” he reportedly told the operator, which was the last anybody had ever heard from him. Read More: The Mysterious Death of Iron Butterfly Bassist Philip Taylor Kramer | ultimateclassicrock.com...

On May 29, 1999, Kramer's Ford Aerostar minivan and skeletal remains were found[6] by photographers looking for old car wrecks to shoot at the bottom of Decker Canyon near Malibu, California.[4] Based on forensic evidence and Kramer's emergency call to the police, authorities ruled his death as a probable suicide committed on the day he was last heard from.

This mystery has also been seen on the television program Unsolved Mysteries,America's Most Wanted and also on the Oprah Winfrey Show.

So what did happen to Phillip Kramer and why does this sound like a.....CONSPIRACY???

edit on 8-5-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

So what did happen to Phillip Kramer and why does this sound like a.....CONSPIRACY???

Well he didn't just fall off the edge of the earth and he wasn't
Jesus Christ. Not to many more choices. He pissed somebody off
so I'd look there first.I doubt the call was made by him.
edit on Ram50817v13201700000033 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I hope he's resting in peace in his In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida garden in heaven. It's such and insanely great song!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Very good questions.

It's a shame the Kramers didn't get this invention going.

If they were to have simultaneously designed a time machine, the band could have played Woodstock.
Instead, they wanted a helicopter, but the request was turned down by festival suits.

# 771
edit on 8-5-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Well he didn't just fall off the edge of the earth and he wasn't
Jesus Christ. Not to many more choices. He pissed somebody off
so I'd look there first.I doubt the call was made by him.
The call was made by Mr. Kramer, but like many others, I have serious doubts the call was made under his own free will. This mastermind jack of many trades was not suicidal and he had a real thick backbone along with nerves of steel. I gave up on answers regarding this case. Hope the truth is made known somehow...

+3 more 
posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

While listening In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida for the third time straight today. I was trying to confirm whether Philip actually did any time travel work. And then I was thinking what would his theories be like so I was trying to find out if any of his work was published. This is what I found:

"The Science of Time Travel"

pakramer.com...

What are the chances that a guy named "Philip Kramer" published a blog article on time travel!!! SPOOKY!!!!

The article talks about the "butterfly effect" with regards to time travel. Can you say "Iron Butterfly" Shut the front door!!

pakramer.com...

Philip A instead of Philip T you might say. And only one ell. A comes before T!

edit on 8-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

The call was made by Mr. Kramer, but like many others, I have serious doubts the call was made under his own free will.

I'm familiar with the case as far as his SuiCIDAL Tendencies go. But how could
it be confirmed that he was the actual caller? And WHY would anyone call 911
and then disappear instead of just leaving the body where the call was
placed from?
edit on Ram50817v55201700000018 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Don't laugh, but thanks to the antics of one Bart Simpson, I actually thought that the song really was called 'In The Garden of Eden'. Just my sort I of mystery. I'll be doing some more looking at this on the next quiet guard duty.
edit on 8-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

"Iron Butterfly" Shut the front door!!

Wholly crap! Some good info right there mon.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Sometimes I can contribute!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Maybe the whole M E phenomena is Mr Kramer's attempt to inform us of his breakthrough and what happened. Get your head round that if you can

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

"Iron Butterfly" Shut the front door!!

Wholly crap! Some good info right there mon.

Now I'm thinking "Iron Butterfly" was the name they gave to the time machine. And "Please Take My Hand And We Will Walk This Land" is a reference to time travel.

Lyrics
In a gadda da vida, honey
Don't you know that I'm lovin' you
In a gadda da vida, baby
Don't you know that I'll always be true

Oh, won't you come with me
And take my hand
And walk this land
Please take my hand

In a gadda da vida, honey
Don't you know that I'm lovin' you
In a gadda da vida, baby
Don't you know that I'll always be true

And take my hand
And walk this land
Please take my hand

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I'm trying. I can't!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
For clarification.
Doug Ingle wrote the song and it was released in 1968.
Kramer joined the band in the 70's.

Also,if you substitute the lyrics and sing "In The Garden Of Eden" the lyrics still work.

Just a FWIW and FTR.

+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

It actually was "In The Garden of Eden". The lead singer was too drunk to pronounce it so it came out "inna gadda da vida" when he was talking to the drummer. The name just stuck from there.
edit on 8-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: I hate that.!! I don't know what I hit but it posted too soon!!

edit on 8-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I wish people were on the same frequency as my genius so my drunken words would become song titles!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

That's because the lyrics were conceived of as "In the Garden of Eden" but apparently when Doug Ingle was relaying the details to Ron Bushy, he was drunk and the slurred nonsensical hook stuck.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Just goes to show you how much "research" I did for this thread.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

This is how you know it's a good thread is when theantediluvian get's involved!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

The recorded 911 call was allegedly analyzed and proven to be his own voice. As for your other question, that is part of the mystery and controversy. If it was foul play, obviously the expert or experts involved successfully made it look like a suicide. I believe if Mr. Kramer was even capable of suicide he would have done the deed during more troublesome times at a younger age. If anyone has more answers they sure aren't talking after all this time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join