It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange Just Destroyed The FBI, CIA And Fake News In An Epic Tweetstorm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: Ridhya

What proven crimes and wrongdoing has Wikileaks exposed? Do you know?

Well, I recall we had news from wiki on Benghazi, Clinton's email server, Pedophilia in Europe and America. But we didn't get any arrests yet on some of these.

swampdrain.com... le/

parapoliticaljournal.com...

https://__._/clinton-emails/?q=benghazi&mfrom=&mto=&title=

theblacksphere.net...

www.bbc.com...
edit on 7-5-2017 by Justoneman because: AFTER THE // there is a bogus _._/ set of chars I can't remove!!

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Xcathdra

It's interesting how a few years ago Assange would have been an investigative journalist for exposing the truth. Now he's an activist. The sooner this BS society implodes the better.

He has been an activist since he started down this road. If he only exposed incidents that were illegal then he might have an argument. Exposing classified material that shows nothing illegal undermines what he claims to stand for. When he threatened legal action against a british media outlet over leaked material, which is to say the material assange got was in turn leaked to the media outlet, for monetary damages he lost all credibility.

If the goal is to "expose" one would think by any means necessary is the call, so to speak. When you try and prevent a media outlet from publishing said info it makes one wonder.

Like I said if its exposing illegal actions then yes. If its not then whats the point? Doesnt the material thats not showing anything illegal take away from the illegal stuff that is now buried under a mountain of useless info?

Thats why I dont believe his claims in terms of what he is trying to accomplish. Everything he has claimed to stand for has been contradicted by his own actions.

I have never seen an "investigative reporter" put together a story that exposes nothing illegal.

I see the expose he provides as showing how the sausage is made. While some of the material shows no wrongdoing, is exposes the real purpose those in power serve. Greed and control. The naked truth is hard for some to take after the conditioning they've been put through by the MSM and society.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

I agree that he is exposing the inner workings of all of our collective governments. " showing how the sausage is made." is a good analogy. Our governments business is our business. Not everything they do is illegal, but it's nice to know just how immoral They can be to accomplish gaining supremacy over others. Lying, accepting money for favors , Excepting favors for favors, making up stories with the clear intent of dilluding the population. If we are to ever have a government which does not lie to its people, and manipulate stories to gain favorable support for wars and new legislation that puts us in harm's way, then we will need many more people just like Julian Assange.

The big questions here are, do you trust your government? Do you trust your politicians? When you know they are both lying to you.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

He's a Russian tool who overwhelms with a deluge of data. He doesn't reveal. The volume alone is purposeful in that it conceals just by its size. Who here has actually combed through all of these email releases by wiki?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'd appreciate his work more if he was unequivocally unbiased and fair about his reporting leaked news. He has a developed a tendency to use it as a platform to further his own agenda. I get he could be angry at some governments for singling him out, but the great journalists would still do their job without making it personal.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Stop it! the last piece of decent journalism exposed Watergate, the government haven't grown wings and become angels since then. They have become so corrupt that any one who is a threat is killed. When Corporations get into bed with the Government you have a fascist state. Which will inevitably end badly.

Except in actuality there is less corruption because of the fear of exposure. And most people in government come from the rank and file of society not some obscure pool of elites. But it makes a good story huh?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I agree that he is exposing the inner workings of all of our collective governments. " showing how the sausage is made." is a good analogy. Our governments business is our business. Not everything they do is illegal, but it's nice to know just how immoral They can be to accomplish gaining supremacy over others. Lying, accepting money for favors , Excepting favors for favors, making up stories with the clear intent of dilluding the population. If we are to ever have a government which does not lie to its people, and manipulate stories to gain favorable support for wars and new legislation that puts us in harm's way, then we will need many more people just like Julian Assange.

The big questions here are, do you trust your government? Do you trust your politicians? When you know they are both lying to you.

I don't trust them even when I think they may be telling the truth. Full time job these days figuring how accurate things are that you hear/see/read. We've polluted the information stream like everything else around us.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

He is not a whistle blower and what he releases, the 99.5% of it, show absolutely no illegal activity / wrong doing.

Cool!

What's the other 0.5% ?

edit on 7-5-2017 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Julian Assange is a spoilt child who craves attention, and doesn’t care how much damage he does as long as he gets it.

Thank god none of our heads of state are like that, or we'd be trouble.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So you would lock him up for passing on the truth, shoot the messenger?

I would charge him and let the courts do its job.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Ironic that you mention greed and control since Assange did just that when he threatened to go after a media outlet who received all the leaks Assange was going to push. Every time Assange opened his mouth it was an appeal for money.

The day Julian Assange threatened to sue The Guardian over the US embassy cables story

The Guardian then discovered that a former WikiLeaks volunteer had leaked "package three" to the freelance journalist, and freedom-of-information campaigner, Heather Brooke.

Leigh, having invited Brooke to join The Guardian team, realised that by obtaining the data from a source other than Assange, the paper was released from its promise to wait for Assange's green light to publish.

Leigh passed on the documents to Der Spiegel and the NY Times, and the three titles were poised to publish on 8 November. With seven days to go, Assange and his lawyer stormed into the office of Guardian editor Alan Rusbridger and threatened to sue.

Rusbridger, Leigh and executives from Der Spiegel then spent a marathon session with Assange, his lawyer and another WikiLeaks member, Kristin Hrafnsson, before "an uneasy calm" was restored.

click link for entire article.
edit on 7-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

He is not a whistle blower and what he releases, the 99.5% of it, show absolutely no illegal activity / wrong doing.

Cool!

What's the other 0.5% ?

Classified information that could be evidence of wrong doing minus the proper context to frame it in.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

Cool!

What's the other 0.5% ?

Classified information that could be evidence of wrong doing minus the proper context to frame it in.

Wow! And since there were many, many (many) files, i guess you're saying that 0.5% is actually a hell of a lot of files.

And since their context is of course something that should to be established in court it sounds like your figures add up to many, many (many) government activities, the legality of which (not to mention the ethics) really do need to be presented before a Judge with plenty of clout (is that the supreme court?).

Well done, great work!

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Can't one be a journalist and activist at the same time, or a very opinionated journalist, I mean there all over the MSM.

Assange, just like any human being has some good and bad things about him. Overall is the question, is what he does more positive than negative. I would say more positive.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

When you get a clue as to what you are talking about feel free to try again. It is obvious you are not understanding my post.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

a reply to: McGinty

When you get a clue as to what you are talking about feel free to try again. It is obvious you are not understanding my post.

I guess irony isn't universal...

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Something Assange just does not seem to understand. He is not a journalist but an activist.

haha, the liars call the truth lies. Then label those that tell those 'horrible lies' (the truth) liars and rebels, activists, whatever.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Except once again I have to correct you and wonder if you understand posts you read being I said he was an activist and not a journalist and I never called him a liar (although he made that possible with his whole manning freedom linked to turning himself in bs).
edit on 7-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Except once again I have to correct you and wonder if you understand posts you read being I said he was an activist and not a journalist and I never called him a liar (although he made that possible with his whole manning freedom linked to turning himself in bs).

Right, you 'never called him a liar' and then call him a liar, all in one sentence.

Cognitive dissonance

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Whatever your issue is you really need to deal with it and stop intentionally derailing threads...

Internet trolling

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join