It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stigmatization Of The "Loner."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: Ghost147

And you agree with me on those points I assume.

No, I don't.

I don't understand why you view a person whom dislikes being social to the standard (such as going out with friends every day, or every week, and so on), as someone who is suspicious and needs to be reported.

Could you elaborate a bit more? I'm honestly curious.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You must agree with me somewhat, dont you?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You must agree with me somewhat, dont you?

The only thing I've agreed with you on within this topic is that Humans are a Social species. lol.

No. I do not find introverts to be odd in the very least.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Lol, I can relate... I think everyone, if they're honest, can relate to that, frankly.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

You know, bald eagles are loners.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Not the last time I saw them flying around together.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: UnBreakable

Lol, I can relate... I think everyone, if they're honest, can relate to that, frankly.

Maybe not FuggleHop

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

That's cuz one was suspecting the other.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Loners have eye problems? Certainly you must mean stigma, or in the case of many, stigmata

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Well i can only give insights into my own perspective but i made a conscious decision to be a Lone Wolf a long time ago. It's not like that i hate humanity as a whole but i can't stand the evil doers. I have no idea why these idiots who go on killing sprees always go after innocent people.They could do the world a huge favor in killing some gang bangers,drug dealers,violent pimps basically just take out every really bad criminal. People who go on a rampage are often not really interested in surviving the ordeal so are they just scared because the scum bags could fight back and they want easier targets? I despise these f#cking morons because they give us Loners a really bad rep.

I admit living alone is not always easy and my life is rather complicated. I have no idea why all this crazy sh!t happens to me but i learned to accept it. I already made a thread about how to deal with certain things but unfortunately it got deleted and now i'm a little bit hesitant to divulge my way. Lets just say i found a unique way that only works for me to find a balance in my life but the pendulum is always swinging and of course the dark clouds never fade away. I don't rust anybody not even myself but i'm always vigilant. I would never assume that every "Loner" is like me and we are all the same though. I think it's more complicated than that. Although my relationship with my mother and siblings is a very complicated one i still love them all and that will never change. I gues you could say that people would figuratively speaking kill for a mother like mine. Well i think it's love because i have a difficult time to "feel" real emotions. I guess that's the price you pay when you try to keep your burdens all to yourself. It changes you in ways you couldn't even imagine but it also gives you some kind of clarity and you shift your focus away from yourself.

It's like living in your personal hell but you're fully aware of the reason why are you there. I got used to my own pain and suffering and i rhink i would truly miss it if someone would come along and take it all away. It's a part of who i am now. I'm extreme hell my previous posts on ATS are proof of that but i still do know the distinction between right and wrong. I'm just willing to cross the line alot quicker if push comes to shove.

I would even go as far to turn this into an AMA(ask me anything).

edit on 6-5-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It's not difficult.
People do not trust loners.
They don't trust them because they do not know them.
If you do not know someone, it is foolish to trust them.

Sorry loners, but you will always be looked at differently because of your anti-social behavior.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The fact is, Biology is ever varying. That would include our Neurological Makeup.

Think of this particular threads focus (social behavior) as a spectrum.

On one end of the spectrum you have excessively social people. People who actually become ill if they are separated from a group for too long. These people require social interaction to be happy. Their brains will actually release chemicals that cause a euphoric state, a joyful state. When that social interaction is removed from these kings of people, they will quickly spiral down into sadness and loneliness, with a great impact on their mental and even physical health.

In the center you have the majority of people. Social interaction is stimulating, but not absolutely required at all times. It is more beneficial to be social than it is to be with their lonesome with nothing but their thoughts, and so for the most part they will seek a social setting. Similarly to the person above ('hypersocial'), chemicals are released in the brain that cause a joyful state.

On the other end of the spectrum are people who love to be by themselves. Many of these individuals enjoy focusing on something they can do as an individual, reading, writing, inventing, creating, studying, and so forth. At the extreme end are people who will actually mentally suffer in a social setting. It can be incredibly uncomfortable being around other people for them.

And then you have everyone in between these three states (it is a spectrum after all). Some people are naturally more Introverted, Some people are naturally more Extroverted. There's nothing wrong with either, there are extremes on both end of the spectrum that we've all ran into.

Some social environments just work best with a particular personality.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

a reply to: TarzanBeta

And that is the problem with the anti social loner: It thinks its better than society.

But its ironic, because its actually contributing nothing to society.

Society demands team players and team work.

Nikola Tesla was a loner - socially awkward...loved his pigeons.

His contributions to society are enormous.

Some people choose to be alone, for various reasons. Great artists lived in isolation and produced masterpieces.

There are many examples of great people who were introvert yet still made huge contributions to the world.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Yes, but Tesla also liked hanging out with his friends.

Most loners are just solitary creeps. They are not achievers like Tesla was.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
It's not difficult.

Sorry loners, but you will always be looked at differently because of your anti-social behavior.

Could you please elaborate on your definition of anti-social behavior?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Yeah, stigmatization would have been a better word. Oh, well

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

a reply to: SR1TX

No, that chip is staying there. I can cradle my phone against it when I phone in to report the suspicious loner I see skulking around after dark.

I can just imagine you peering out of your trailer between the curtains, looking suspiciously at everyone, phone resting on your shoulder;

"Hello, 911? Yeah, me again. Yeah, I see another one. Yeah, I know I called 58 times today. Yeah, I know it's not even 10am yet. Yeah, but this guy is suspicious - he's alone. Yeah, another one. Yeah... Hello? Hello?"

*Hangs up phone*

"Gosh dang it, Just doing my civil duty..."

link   

It's not difficult.

Oh darn. You mean I'm looked at differently by people I can't stand anyway? I'm real broken up.

link   

Really?

Who were his friends?

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

It's not difficult.

Could you please elaborate on your definition of anti-social behavior?

Not being social.
Unable to associate in a normal way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join