It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Queen's household is called to 'highly unusual' emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace tod

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SBMcG

I was just reading that the flags at Buckingham Palace never fly at half mast, even in mourning.

After the backlash that occurred when Princess Diana died the Palace flying the flag at half mast now if Prince Phillip died makes sense.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
PRINCE PHILIP NOT DEAD SAY'S BUCKINGHAM PALACE

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Reminder...

Please keep posts civil, and on topic.

And as usual, please do NOT reply to this post!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I'm trying to find some live web cams of buckingham palace but not having much luck
anyone know a good link?

There are a lot of different media organisations saying they have unconfirmed reports Prince Philip has passed. If it was 1 or 2 outlets id be suspicious but nearly every media outlet is reporting it.

I thought of this as well but couldn't find a thing. One would think there would be a live cam of Buckingham Palace.

Rumors are running rampant on Twitter, and this latest report doesn't help any:

"You could safely assume the Queen and Prince Philip are not dead," the palace press office told a 1 NEWS reporter in Auckland by phone this afternoon, about 4am UK time. 1 NEWS sources at Parliament in Wellington say they're not aware of any high-level contact from London regarding the reports that royal staff have been called to an emergency meeting.

This doesn't mean the reports are wrong, but that our Government doesn't appear to have been put on any sort of notice. The Daily Mail said in its online report its sources insisted that the Lord Chamberlain does call meetings of household staff from time to time and had said it would be wrong to speculate further.

Source

If this report is true, then perhaps another high-level Royal (i.e. Prince of Wales) passed?

Somehow I doubt it was Prince Phillip because of how many staff were recalled, from such a distance and at a very unusual time.

We will know more in the a.m.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

No thank you.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: dianajune

I apologize, but I can not care less about the biggest welfare recipient on earth.
we might get a bank holiday! Yay!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I just read that too, why would Buckingham Palace tell us Kiwi's and not anyone else?

A palace official told Newshub as far as he's aware both are alive and well.

I think that is code for... I havent been told anything!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

I wouldn't totally believe our nz herald brother,they are slow on the ball,and often wrong.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

One would think that if its nothing more than a "all staff meeting" that the palace would just come out and say as much given the rumors going around.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Apparently they won't announce anything until 8am, that's just under three hours from now.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

I just read that too, why would Buckingham Palace tell us Kiwi's and not anyone else?

A palace official told Newshub as far as he's aware both are alive and well.

I think that is code for... I havent been told anything!

There are so many conflicting stories it's hard to tell who to believe. I thought that NZ source was credible, but then again, I'm no media expert.

If a member of the Royal Family passed away, imo it's likely to have been either HM the Queen, given how many staff were called, the time of day, etc - or the Prince of Wales, given that if he passed prior to the Queen, then William would be Heir to the Throne.

I remember reading a report awhile back in which it was claimed that Prince Phillip did not want a huge State funeral when the time came. So why all the special arrangements now for someone who was well known to be "low key?"

Again, this is just speculation on my part.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SBMcG

I was just reading that the flags at Buckingham Palace never fly at half mast, even in mourning.

Heh heh, I believe protocol is that they would only be adjusted after sunrise.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

One would think that if its nothing more than a "all staff meeting" that the palace would just come out and say as much given the rumors going around.

Agreed. I doubt they would allow these rumors to continue if it were just a regular meeting.

Of course, a regular meeting would not be called on an emergency basis.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The Times of London twitter page has announced Prince Phillip's death along with a rick roll, a video of Rick Ashley singing never gonna give you up. Personally I hope he makes it to 100. I bet he's going to wake up tomorrow to the news and say, What? I'm dead? Am I dead?
edit on 3-5-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If PP is NOT dead, here's my guess...

The Queen has had a stroke recently and is debilitated as a result -- perhaps even terminal.

She is going to either abdicate, or declare Charles "Regent".

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
If PP is NOT dead, here's my guess...

The Queen has had a stroke recently and is debilitated as a result -- perhaps even terminal.

She is going to either abdicate, or declare Charles "Regent".

HM looked fine on Wednesday as she was taken to Buckingham Palace to meet with PM Theresa May.

Prince Phillip was seen at an event the same day (or Tuesday) and looked well.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If Her Majesty died - we would know much much sooner because of protocol and legalities.

It could be that either she's on her deathbed, or Phillip or Charles are either passed on/on deathbed.

It could very well be that the household was recalled because of an uncovered plot against household staff by nefarious individuals.

I do find it most strange that on the BBC website as of now, they aren't even reporting the meeting/recall.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Aye - but at their age, sudden death is a most likely possibility. I am confident though at the very least Her Majesty isnt deceased (yet)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

I do find it most strange that on the BBC website as of now, they aren't even reporting the meeting/recall.

that to me says a death has occurred. The BBC are going out of their way to not even mention the meeting.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The Spectator Index‏ @spectatorindex 3m3 minutes ago

UPDATE: The Queen and Prince Philip are 'alive and well' according to Royal press office, amid emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace

twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join