It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence: It starts to create Art and is growing exponentially!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The future is here. We adapt or we get replaced.

- Deep neural networks
- Data neural network
- Deep learning

- Speech analysis and understanding
- Text analysis and understanding
- Drug design, genetics, finance, insurance, medical diagnostics
- More intelligent than man
- Developing intuition

- Battlefield simulations where the AI assumes the roles of the defenders (scary)
- Producing useful C code
- Generating art (network tomography)
- Seismic data analysis
- Driving

10 years you won't have a job. UBI will be institute and the world will be on a financial system involving the taxation of the production of machines. Don't worry about your 401k, retirement, taxes, political affiliation or any of the insanity we are culturally out growing right now.

Robots will and are replacing the human workforce.

75% of the S&P 500 companies will have disappeared.
60% of the labor force will be replaced.
In 10 years all processes will be managed by AI.

Goodbye.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

- More intelligent than man

The definition of intelligence is subjective.

As far as artificial intelligence, its not really aware of itself, it just executes code some human wrote for it.

Even if that code doesn't include the answer to complex problems, the methods it uses to arrive at a solution are preprogrammed into the software.

It doesn't 'think', it computes, it doesn't feel, it responds with whatever its told to. It is not self aware and never will be.

Programs will never know that they know. How intelligent is that?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Does anyone think this is going to be a smooth transition?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You are making a lot of assumptions here. I don't think any of us even know what consciousness, self awareness, or thinking truly is. How self aware is your average human? I Predict that all of these things could be mimicked to the point of not being able to tell the difference between the mimicked and reality. a reply to: intrptr

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
It doesn't 'think', it computes, it doesn't feel, it responds with whatever its told to. It is not self aware and never will be.

Programs will never know that they know.

Someone, somewhere, is damn sure conditioning us to believe otherwise.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Once everything is automated, created and controlled by A.I. The elite really don't need us humans anymore, do they. We are already worthless to them, now, while they still are completely dependent on us. I'm guessing that A.I. is the one thing they are waiting for before really kickstarting the depopulation agenda, like never before seen.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: intrptr

Programs will never know that they know.

Someone, somewhere, is damn sure conditioning us to believe otherwise.

Programmingfrom all angles . TV, education, internet.
Say something enough times and it becomes gospel.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WeLovePutin

The elite really don't need us humans anymore, do they.

Yes they do. It's not about money or labor.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There are two kinds of AI in this world...

And Star Trek: Voyager gave us the duality of robotic technology...

It comes down to knowing and trusting our own human genetic instincts...

Character 7 of 9 tertiary adjunct of unimatrix 01 existed as a manifestion of tech gone wrong and tech tone right....nanoprobes imbued with artificial intelligence drove her existences as both the good and the bad....
Duality is rarely grey...

Here's a test...which AI do u prefer?

-Chris

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomy327

You are making a lot of assumptions here. I don't think any of us even know what consciousness, self awareness, or thinking truly is.

The assumptions are made in lieu of any real examples.

I could as easily state that they will invent faster than light travel, its just a skip away. Without anything even remotely resembling that technology, its presumptive at best.

How self aware is your average human?[

If you aren't aware of you, game over...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
10 years you won't have a job. UBI will be institute and the world will be on a financial system involving the taxation of the production of machines. Don't worry about your 401k, retirement, taxes, political affiliation or any of the insanity we are culturally out growing right now.

Robots will and are replacing the human workforce.

In 10 years all processes will be managed by AI.

Goodbye.

That may well happen at some point, but not in ten years.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I just have to say that your thoughts on these things exceed most people's definitions of reality in that you think on a higher level than most of the drivel that chooses to divulge in this constant rhetoric about ai most people think Terminator when you know it was actually an autonomous program that was programmed by someone like you or me

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

How do we strip all our safeguards out of our own code?

You saying the code cannot eventually rewrite itself?

WE are A.I.

Once you realize you can rewrite your own code...and even delete hardware systems that are supposedly foolproof THEN you can talk about exceeding EVERYONE'S reality.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Compute bits are like an arrangement of rocks in a field. It may represent a pattern but it means nothing.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Speaking of AI, have you seen this???

It's not quite as Pro-AI as other perspectives, but worth the watch...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Artifical Intelligence.....living in a run down studio apartment and holding a crappy low-end job so they can focus on their art.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It wasn't in the past:

The Luddites opposed punched card weaving looms. But they soon realized that those looms allowed the mass production of garments, create new markets (uniforms, mass produced garments) and the chance to make even more money.

The Wapping dispute - overnight, print workers found themselves out of a job because they had refused to modernize. They wanted a guarantee of employment even though there was no longer a need for manual labour since all the metaltype workers used to put and remove metal letters to and from print drums were being replaced by word processors and laser printers. As one commented "Nobody wants a 55 year old stripper".

Everyone realized then that you needed continuous advances in technology rather than a big bang. A word processor or graphics editor does the work that a typist and layout artists would do.

The old high-rise office blocks used to have elevator operators. These were men who manually operated elevators and were regarded in the same way as chaffeurs. They were expected to make booking and have an elevator ready for someone at a particular time as they had an important meeting. Those jobs disappeared with automatic elevators.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I think that all depends upon what perspective you have and where you fit in when the changes happen.

Automobiles were a major change in society. Before they came on the scene it was horse and buggy to the extreme. Imagine all the effort in care for the horses alone. Stables, stable men, the feed, etc. There were so many horse and buggies everywhere that the streets were covered in horse crap too. Just imagine. It got so bad people didn't know what could be done because it was getting out of had.

Then came the automobile. Yay. People were thinking this is great. No more need for horses everywhere and the horse sh*t problem isn't going to be a problem now. Finally our air will be free of the stinking horse crap everywhere. We can go outside and breath fresh air once again. For a while anyway......

But my point in that story is that it effected the world big time. Even for horses!!! But my guess is the Turtle didn't even notice the change one bit.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
AI wont be able to go off of gut hunches which allow companies to thrive or fail. Gambling at high risk stakes is only something a human can do. The AI would run percentages and forecast models. Humans tend to make risky choices which can be good at times. I could be wrong and I'm sure AI could learn the same, but humans would still be better at risk taking IMO.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

In 10 years all processes will be managed by AI

This is exaggerated and unprovable.

AI/robots need to be serviced and monitored. Their work needs to be inspected and verified. Their actions need human input to guarantee safe outputs. Person centred service cannot be replaced by robots.

I have a top of the range laptop for work, a couple of grands worth, it still lags and crashes, it's still counter-intuitive.

This recent trend of AI scare stories is over embellished.

Yes AI is evolving exponentially, yes futurologists cannot predict past 2040 because of this growth, yes carbon nano factories controlled by AI will be able to make anything etc etc etc But human input and verification will always be required.

The labour market will SHIFT not STOP.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join