It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Un Is a Survivor, Not a Madman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
foriegnpolicy.com SOURCE

While everyone, including myself, thinks that Kim Jong Un is a madman, I think this is an interesting look at him from a different light. Perhaps he does feel threatened by everyone, by his neighbors, by his people and by the United States (who has a very lengthy history of "intervening" in foriegn governments.)

[QUOTE]Everyone loves thinking of North Korea as crazy. It threatens to consume the United States in nuclear fire on a semi-weekly basis, its leader brutally executes his own generals and had his brother murdered, and it wastes huge amount of money on nuclear weapons while sticking to a failed economic model. Tales of North Korean lunacy are never far from the front pages.[/QUOTE]

I think it's important to know motivations of leaders, at least to venture a guess as to the "why" that they are pursuing any agenda. Whether it be for fame, for social betterment, or for regime survival. North Korea is obviously suspicious of South Korea. Un is obviously afraid of what will happen, and if the US calls his bluff he may be forced (provoked) into action...which could have disastrous consequences for him, his people, Asia and the world in general.

Is the risk of world intervention worth the destabilization of a fairly stable (albeit cruel) dictatorship? Is Un just rattling sabers to make a little noise? Personally I think that discretion and patience is probably worth it in the long run for the world. I only hope that our Twitter warrior in chief can exercise a little caution here...I don't want to see millions and possibly billions die in a quest to silence a dictator who is scared only of losing his regime.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You had me up to the following line. I actually believed this was a serious thread , and then you nullify any potential you had for the thread with one line :

Twitter warrior in chief

Dismissed

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

billions won't die.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
foriegnpolicy.com SOURCE

While everyone, including myself, thinks that Kim Jong Un is a madman, I think this is an interesting look at him from a different light. Perhaps he does feel threatened by everyone, by his neighbors, by his people and by the United States (who has a very lengthy history of "intervening" in foriegn governments.)

[QUOTE]Everyone loves thinking of North Korea as crazy. It threatens to consume the United States in nuclear fire on a semi-weekly basis, its leader brutally executes his own generals and had his brother murdered, and it wastes huge amount of money on nuclear weapons while sticking to a failed economic model. Tales of North Korean lunacy are never far from the front pages.[/QUOTE]

I think it's important to know motivations of leaders, at least to venture a guess as to the "why" that they are pursuing any agenda. Whether it be for fame, for social betterment, or for regime survival. North Korea is obviously suspicious of South Korea. Un is obviously afraid of what will happen, and if the US calls his bluff he may be forced (provoked) into action...which could have disastrous consequences for him, his people, Asia and the world in general.

Is the risk of world intervention worth the destabilization of a fairly stable (albeit cruel) dictatorship? Is Un just rattling sabers to make a little noise? Personally I think that discretion and patience is probably worth it in the long run for the world. I only hope that our Twitter warrior in chief can exercise a little caution here...I don't want to see millions and possibly billions die in a quest to silence a dictator who is scared only of losing his regime.

None of that justifies the murders and imprisoning of his people that has occurred under him and his predecessors.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

wow, what a snowflake.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

His father was pretty mean to him. He actually has moments where he's quite compassionate to the people around him. He's just a boy.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
You had me up to the following line. I actually believed this was a serious thread , and then you nullify any potential you had for the thread with one line :

Twitter warrior in chief

Dismissed

I thought the "Twitter warrior" was the best part. I find it so fascinated how wingers will "dismiss" people as irrelevant. When you are dismissive nobody takes you seriously.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Paranoid people can be quite dangerous when they think everybody is out to get them, as we see in this situation with NK.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Trump, love him or hate him took NKs coal contract away from them.
It's to be expected they are angry
He is pushing for a revolution, probably end up in a war

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
None of that justifies the murders and imprisoning of his people that has occurred under him and his predecessors.

Not our problem. Why do you think BIG GOVERNMENT and WORLD POLICE is the only solution for USA foreign policy?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

If things go nuclear, the possibility of fallout over China, and the rest of Asia makes it possible that billions could die.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Twitter warrior in chief

Dismissed

If you think he's not the "Twitter warrior in chief" prove otherwise.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Paranoid people can be quite dangerous when they think everybody is out to get them, as we see in this situation with NK.

I think Western leaders are projecting their own paranoia on Un which is more dangerous. Pre-emptively bombing someone for thought crimes is pretty paranoid.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

It's true, NK has more "political" prisoners than any other nation. And while I don't agree with that, I don't believe it is the USA's job to do anything about that. Does NK intervene in our prison policies?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

His father was pretty mean to him. He actually has moments where he's quite compassionate to the people around him. He's just a boy.

I'm sure he was forced to grow up suspicious...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I think Western leaders are projecting their own paranoia on Un which is more dangerous. Pre-emptively bombing someone for thought crimes is pretty paranoid.

So, you think his testing of missiles and nukes is projection? Do you think the footage of thousands of starving prisoners at hard labor are fake?

It's not a crap shoot. It is relatively certain at some point he will respond to his own paranoia and start a war.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It won't.
Why?
They have a lot invested in this ride.

live in fear if you wish.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Agree with you there. I'm just not sure that he's doing anything more than rattling his sabers.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

" Is the risk of world intervention worth the destabilization of a fairly stable (albeit cruel) dictatorship? "

YES . Tyranny Must be Confronted or it Will Eventually Cause Death and Destruction wherever it Arises . Kim Jong Un and his Regime Must be Controlled for the Sake of World Peace .

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

So, you think his testing of missiles and nukes is projection? Do you think the footage of thousands of starving prisoners at hard labor are fake?

It's not a crap shoot. It is relatively certain at some point he will respond to his own paranoia and start a war.

Not my problem. People starving in North Korea has nothing to do with how safe the streets are in Newark NJ or how much opportunity people have to make money instead of doing crimes.

edit on 27-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join