It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Un Is a Survivor, Not a Madman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: angeldoll

Paranoid people can be quite dangerous when they think everybody is out to get them, as we see in this situation with NK.

I think Western leaders are projecting their own paranoia on Un which is more dangerous. Pre-emptively bombing someone for thought crimes is pretty paranoid.

So, you think his testing of missiles and nukes is projection? Do you think the footage of thousands of starving prisoners at hard labor are fake?

It's not a crap shoot. It is relatively certain at some point he will respond to his own paranoia and start a war.

Not my problem. People starving in North Korea has nothing to do with how safe the streets are in Newark NJ or how much opportunity people have to make money instead of doing crimes.

Ahhhh yes. So you are the kind of guy who goes on a vacation to New York, passes a back alley, sees a girl being accossted and shrugs and walks away.

Not your problem, right?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I agree that he was born into the situation he was in and didn't really have any other choices. I don't see why that makes a difference.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
He knows right from wrong.

Hope he gets a missile up the ass.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Korea is a weird one as their history goes back a very long time in ties with Russia and China... it basically was a Hatfield-McCoy esque feud the King(thought gods in those days) fell in love with a Lady of the court and in a God/Mary sort of union that was typical of those sorts of rise to power from the wow what a beauty out of the populous to those enthroned as divinity on earth... she read the epics of the past warfare techniques etc. then the fellow dies ascends or whatever as she was never the typical hold tea and cake parties sort nor enjoyed receiving people at the palace for pomp a circumstance... in the same manner as the first woman Pharaoh she took the the throne as King instead of passing it to a son, would don armor and ride into battle... well, of course breaking so much tradition create a split and the long feud between the two families still continues to this day, war divided the ongoing conflict into the North and he South... but there was a lot of cut throat and blood shed and all that business with a woman acting the same as a man on the throne even taking a harem of men... eventually she was murdered and throne restored back to only if you have the "correct" genitalia can you sit on a throne as a "god".

Of course those that took the throne are still the same family or faction that over threw the kingdom. Russia sided with the Northern side simply to deter mass immigration and having an "enemy" right next door as a neighboring country, but had traded quite a bit China basically the same story...

Russia used to have the same King/God business on the throne at one time, and well it was always plagued corruption and usurping of those vying for power and influence as pretty much all positions entailed. Royalty wasn't always something desired as it was more of a curse than a blessing... the whole glitz and glamour business is a more recent development but the walls were more to keep them in than to keep people out.

Of course when flexing the strength of their "god" then troops would be raised and the ruler would lead the charge right into battle at the lead, not this sit on a hill and watch or hide in terror back at the castle... and if the kingdom fell it proved which god was better... well, North Korea still goes by this sort of thing as proving which "god" sitting on a throne can prevail by the blessings of the all so when the "god" of North Korea says we are going to rise up and crush those godless(no physical representation of one) heathen/barbarians then they typically mean it. The idea is that their display and show of might is the honor and valor of victory that allows them to remain enthroned... not lets dance merrily in the flowers in a circle as other lands threaten to rule ours.

That's just the way all of that has gone on for ages and ages, when such marries with technology? It becomes the new sword off the anvil... and what good is a sword unless swung in such ideas of divine right and providence?

Of course in a dictatorship and locked borders? Everyone then just becomes imprisoned with the worst offenders in the centralized part... of course in Western prisons err I mean countries the worst offenders against the people have the most mobility.

So North Korea wants to swing some hammer of Thor and show in the belief that they have that divine strength to not be crushed and come out in victory... is of course seen as a threat and not just the atypical posturing.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
He is desperately trying to project power which is a massive red flag of insecurity and fear, I'd imagine its more to pacify his utterly terrified people than anything else. He's the political equivalent of "hold me back bro!"

His opulent and frankly disgustingly ostentatious lifestyle is hanging by a thread, surrounded on all sides by enemies and with very few friends in the world. I don't believe he poses any real threat to anyone outside of his backwards little fiefdom but that makes little difference at this point.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You had me for awhile, then I realized this is a thread for the BS category.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
You had me for awhile, then I realized this is a thread for the BS category.

So you're saying you didn't read the article...well done!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: therealfreeworld

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: Lysergic

If things go nuclear, the possibility of fallout over China, and the rest of Asia makes it possible that billions could die.
China and Russia will not allow a nuclear strike in North Korea. They have too much to loose. I bet my left nut on that

I'm not talking about a strike ON NK, I'm talking about a NK nuclear strike.
They will not allow it due to the consequences. They will not allow NK to strike or been strike

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Paranoid people can be quite dangerous when they think everybody is out to get them, as we see in this situation with NK.

I agree. Lil' Kim is dangerous. Not only is he whacked, he is evil enough to brutally kill (or ordered to be killed, which is the same thing) many people, including members of his own family.

Anyone like that will, imho, take everyone with him if backed into a corner. This is why talk about - well, talk - plus sanctions absolutely drive me up the wall. If talk, talk, talk and more sanctions over and over (then rinse & repeat) have not worked in the past, what makes the U.S. gov't think it will this time?

The time for diplomacy has ended.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

At thirty whatever year's old he is not a boy he is a nuke waiting to happen

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

He threatens nuclear war and tests ICBM's because that's all he can do. He knows he'd be the only party fighting a war with the US or South Korea so he threatens things against the US as propaganda for the people of the DPRK.

Trump is wasting his time giving attention to NK.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

His father was pretty mean to him. He actually has moments where he's quite compassionate to the people around him. He's just a boy.

Hes in his mid 30's . Thats not a boy .

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Anyone who kills someone in front of the rest of NK's Leadership with an AA cannon is hardly sane. Soheone should coup him.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
May 31, 2017

Am I the only one who never noticed people "taking notes" around Kim Jong? This article does a good job explaining why there is almost always someone taking notes when they're close to Kim Jong. It's NOT for HIS benefit.

www.businessinsider.com...

I bet Kim asks to see the notes every so often, just to make sure these guys are not scribbling doodles.

edit on 5/31/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join