It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time is the Most Valuable Commodity a Human Being Has

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If it were a hashtag on twitter of Instagram or whathaveyou, it would be... #TITMVCAHBH

Let me explain...

Time is the most valuable commodity a human being has. That's why you need to allocate it with conscious intent. That's also why I spend so much time on everything I'm so passionate about. Every single day I know I'm spending it wisely (some days I do better than others, but I reflect on that too). Spend your time wisely.

Value yourself, your passions, the people and places and memories that you love so dearly. As I learned a few months ago after the tragic loss of my older brother and idol, your life can be over in an instant. Now I have even more reason to challenge myself, pursue my dreams, inspire others, be a good person, and discover new passions and dreams that I must also pursue.

We all have dark times and "bad" days and low points in our lives, but what's important is that you cherish the essence of life, your love and the light you can share, and (presumably) one and only life you have to live. I'm not going to wait to find out, I'm treating every day as if it's "MY day to accomplish whatever I can".

I even have an alarm on my phone about "What if there is no afterlife? Be the best FamCore that you can, TODAY. Do good in the world, try your best, and stay true to your principles."

And although I don't always read every single word in that alarm, because it's early in the morning and I'm delirious and have to get moving, I know the words by heart and that's exactly how I try to live my life for that day.

So many things in life are discouraging and disheartening. Sometimes you've just got to dead that friendship or sacrifice your comfortability and happiness to call someone out or stand up for yourself, but it's better than being your own greatest oppressor. I know my worth, I know what I'm capable of, and I know that I show people a lot of love, encouragement, and support in life. If the way I do it isn't good enough or to their liking, they might be having a bad day, or they might just be acting like a selfish a**hole. Either way, I've learned in my almost 3 decades of unfathomable situations and heartbreaking incidents that I have more than 1 choice, and I believe in my purpose while I'm here. I will live according to that purpose and my principles, and try to lift up anyone I can along the way. If people want to share the experience, they are welcome to. If they have their own issues or choose another path I respect that as well.

I guess something important I've learned is that you need to stay true to yourself, and always keep moving forward no matter what.

As Martin Luther King Jr. Said,

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”

edit on 26-4-2017 by FamCore because: F

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

My dad always told me that it's not how much time you have, but how many people you touch in the time you have.
I have always took that to heart.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yep X100.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Does time pass in Hell as it does here? Maybe we should find out and use this link and see...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Great message

I'm totally on the same wavelength as you.

My only goal is to be better today than I was yesterday, and be better tomorrow than I am today.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: icanseeyouhoo

I've been trapped in Hell for over a year, and can confirm time moves about 10 times slower yet the irony is it still takes about 10 times longer to get the same amount accomplished. Oh, and it ages you about 10 times the normal rate as well.
edit on 26-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: icanseeyouhoo

I've been trapped in Hell for over a year, and can confirm time moves about 10 times slower yet the irony is it still takes about 10 times longer to get the same amount accomplished. Oh, and it ages you about 10 times the normal rate as well.

did they at least give you flip flops or a T-shirt or anything?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
There is a reason that people get sentenced to time in jail when they go to court.
Its valuable enough to make most anyone think.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Well said Famcore.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You are going to hate me for this,,,

"This workday seems like it would never end".

"Where did all the time go?"

"This afternoon was just dragging on forever".

"Time seemed to just pass in the blink of an eye".

"Time seemed to speed up."

"Time seemed to slow down."
And so forth.

Experience is the real commodity,
as awareness is immeasurable.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock,

S&F

edit on 26-4-2017 by Wildmanimal because: spare time

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
"Living off borrowed time the clock ticks faster..." MF Doom (song: Accordion)

Only A Minute - Benjamin E. Mays, President Morehouse College

I’ve only just a minute,

Only sixty seconds in it.

Forced upon me, can’t refuse it,

Didn’t seek it, didn’t choose it,

But it’s up to me to use it.

I must suffer if I lose it,

Give an account if I abuse it,

Just a tiny little minute,

But eternity is in it.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Beautiful women make a lot of money with their woohoos. I'm not sure time can compete.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Time is the most valuable commodity a human being has. That's why you need to allocate it with conscious intent.

Yes and no - sometimes I find it hard to wake up in the morning, but then I know its partly physical (due to age), I still have room in my life to be surprised.

I tend not to stress too much about it...knowing that death holds no fear.

Why do you give so much power to "time". We die from the day we're born. I don't want my life ruled by a clock. I try to live in the moment to the best of my ability; smiling at small pleasures, dare I say even wasting time day dreaming.

We all re-evaluate time when the death of a close one happens, like your brother, like my Father 6 years ago. But after grieving life goes on and you start living in the present again, making sure there is food on the table for your loved ones.

edit on 26-4-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

woohoos

Whats a "woohoo", surely you can input more into ATS?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Things that never return:
Time
Words
Actions
Opportunities

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Beautifully written and inspiring! My sympathies in the loss of your Brother. I know how difficult it is to lose people we love. Every day is a treasure.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I need about 12 more hours per day.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
when i was a kid i realized that time was what humans had, and it was their most traded commodity. It happened when i was talking to an adult who mentioned they were paid by the hour.

After mulling it over, i realized tht this meant uncle sam was stealing the only real thing any of us had: our time. We trade time for money, uncle sam thinks he should get some of that. Taxing labor is as insidiously tyrannical as it gets.

This viewpoint gave me an obsession with eficiency, which is my biggest skill: i create processes that complete tasks faster than my competitors, with less error usually. It become an obsessive compulsion.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Thanks for your words , I really enjoyed reading your post and it's good to know there's people like you out there. Keep it up

top topics

join