It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you give up your nuclear weapons if US tells you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"Would you give up your nuclear weapons if US tells you?"

Not a chance. I'm sitting on 3 ICBM's and as long as the second amendment exists, the government can stick it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Why would anyone care if you are a peaceful Utopia? It's rogue countries that make others worry.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Why would anyone care if you are a peaceful Utopia? It's rogue countries that make others worry.

Ya, especially when giant nations go rogue on everyone and international law.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Ya, especially when giant nations go rogue on everyone and international law.

I have no idea what your post means, but it in no way had anything to do with mine, so I must assume you agree with my post.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Would The U.S. give up their nuclear weapons if they where told to ?

You can guess the answer.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

No one would. Which is why no one cares if a peaceful Utopia got them and everyone needs to keep them away from evil dictators like lil' Kim.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Nope. Nukes are political tools and needed in the game of global politics. That said, the only way any American should give up their firearms is if the gov't, state and federal, gave up theirs. But then of course is the case of criminals and their weapons so that would probably be a bad idea UNLESS somehow all criminals were disarmed but that would only work in a Utopia. Oh wait, in this hypothetical situation I rule over a Utopian society, right?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Nope. Nukes are political tools and needed in the game of global politics. That said, the only way any American should give up their firearms is if the gov't, state and federal, gave up theirs. But then of course is the case of criminals and their weapons so that would probably be a bad idea UNLESS somehow all criminals were disarmed but that would only work in a Utopia. Oh wait, in this hypothetical situation I rule over a Utopian society, right?

I did say Utopia didn't I? Yes you are the leader of it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
So assuming you are a leader of a peaceful country some what close to a Utopia.
Since the other superpower has nukes. You aim to have nukes for self defense only.

Then US comes near your border and tells you to give up your nukes or WMD. Would you do it?

What if you simply try to signing "Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons", they threaten you instead?

I look at this issue and think about D&D terms. It is order v. chaos.

Most of the countries in the world who have nukes and aren't relentlessly badgered to give them up are orderly nations. Note, I am not saying "good" nations necessarily. You may not think of China or Russia as "good" nations. Most people don't think of Israel as a "good" nation.

But what almost every nation in the nuclear fraternity is ... is orderly, not chaotic.

No one, not the US, not China, likes the idea of a nuclear North Korea because it is a chaotic mess of a nation. The situation on the ground there today may not be the one the world faces tomorrow, and even one nuclear bomb shot off successfully in a fit of rage or pique is a major disaster for an entire region.

Most of the most stable nations have layers of checks and balances to prevent one mad dictator from firing off a missile.

If you were the leader of a true Utopia, then it is highly likely your own nation would reflect the kind of stability of governance that would make most nations not bat much of an eye at you acquiring nukes.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

No one would. Which is why no one cares if a peaceful Utopia got them and everyone needs to keep them away from evil dictators like lil' Kim.

you would either be stupid or crazy to nuke another country that is capable of sending nukes back at you., some country's may be ran by crazy people who would actually do it and they do need to get the nukes away from those people. i dont think the US ever wants to set any off again. not only will setting one off destroy allot of stuff where it explodes but it can also get into the atmosphere and what not and effect the earth in a bad way. if a bunch get set off it could end life on earth. it would be nice if no one had nukes.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
No i wouldn't give them up, if i was the leader of a "peaceful country/Utopia" let's say i gave them up,, What's stopping the other country bombing me off the map? or taking over? Nothing.

Nukes are like bargaining ​chips (no one wants to use them), take them away you have no choice but to let someone take your country, hold onto them and bargain to never use them unless necessary, it's like you take me i'll take you. then we all die.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973
I think your comical.

a reply to: ketsuko
Pakistan is most certainly not orderly. Half of Pakistan is run by the Taliban, the other half by people who would love nothing more than attack India over Kashmir. There is certainly more internal conflict within France, USA, UK, and India than in North Korea. Of course thats due to brutal domestic policies, but China is the same.

I believe we can still strike NK and mitigate their nuclear arsenal though. If someone wanted my nukes though, I would also say ell no, and seek to make trade with the guy that has anti-matter weapons

edit on 4-17-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dannylightning

Stupid or crazy ... Like an evil dictator? My question is what peaceful Utopia is trying to get nukes?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Having them doesn't bother so much as 'testing' the stupid things, God only knows what damage they might have done already..that is apart from those who have already died without comeback. Wanna make a movie, let's go to Nevada where nobody lives..................

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Notice that I didn't speak in absolutes?

Pakistan makes me nervous. I'll bet it makes a lot of people nervous.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Notice that I didn't speak in absolutes?

Pakistan makes me nervous. I'll bet it makes a lot of people nervous.

Maybe true, but China has a hold of them. Paki are not as stupid as NK. Neither are they that brutal. Trump, if he starts banning Pakistan. Then it is officially declared war. China and Russia will see it as a threat.
www.bbc.com...
edit on 17-4-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

It's an unrealistic scenario.

The US, for all its faults, is not likely to tell a "peaceful country some what [sic] close to a Utopia" to give up anything at all.

If this is some sort of veiled reference to NK then your analogy breaks down since it's as far removed from being a peaceful Utopia as it is possible to imagine.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Would you give up your lunch money to the school bully?

Interesting, albeit inaccurate, analogy.

Firstly, you have been taunting and threatening the "bully" and his friends for years. This same "bully" and his friends give you, your friends and family clothes and food, while you keep almost all your wealth for yourself...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Having them doesn't bother so much as 'testing' the stupid things, God only knows what damage they might have done already..that is apart from those who have already died without comeback. Wanna make a movie, let's go to Nevada where nobody lives..................

Would like too, but too bad its forbidden and US keeps testing nukes there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join