It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Poll: Trump’s Approval Hits 50 Percent, Most Americans Say He’s Keeping His Promises

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: SBMcG

More false accusations, more blatant lies, more red herring.

Get some new tactics. You're boring.

I gave you the opportunity of providing case law backing up your claim that the "General Welfare" clause applies to healthcare.

Where's your proof?

Or are you just the typical low-information liberal liar?

/yawn

Yep. You lost. You got caught in several lies (Republicans responsible for the failure of Obamacare, the "General Welfare" Clause applies to healthcare, etc...), couldn't prove your point, and now you're taking your little ball and going home.

Typical liberal.

Folks can actually read what we both wrote you know ... LOL.

I'd love though, just as a small exercise in the truth, for you to quote me claiming that "Republicans are responsible for the failure of Obamacare" as well as anything I've said about the General Welfare clause.

Go'head Skippy. Show us were I said ANY of that.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: Gryphon66

Only because it has been misinterpreted. The C.O.T.US. is very clear. The Fed. Government has "enumerated" (numbered) Powers/authority... "Healthcare" is not one of them. Congress, Presidents or Supreme Courts can not give authority where no authority was granted. That's a "Constitutional Republic"! All three branches should abide by the "law". It is a State issue. The Feds have no "legal jurisdiction". What we are dealing with now, is a "color of law". It ain't right and it isn't Constitutionally "legal".... But they have the big sticks....so it is "law". ... What a f'n mess!

She's trying to make the long-debunked argument that the "General Welfare" clause in Article I, Sec. 8 somehow applies to healthcare.

It does not. If it did, it would have been used 100 years ago by liberals to steal more money from the productive class.

Not that facts seem to bother your blathering, but for future reference, I'm a man.

Now, on with the half-assed bleating ...(I won't be reading because, Iike I said, reading your stuff is like watching paint dry.)

OK. Sorry. I saw someone else refer to you as she awhile back... Just assumed.

I'm sorry my facts harsh your unicorn ride, brah...

They don't. They make me sad for the pathetic state of debate from the right at ATS.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

More false accusations, more blatant lies, more red herring.

Get some new tactics. You're boring.

I gave you the opportunity of providing case law backing up your claim that the "General Welfare" clause applies to healthcare.

Where's your proof?

Or are you just the typical low-information liberal liar?

/yawn

Yep. You lost. You got caught in several lies (Republicans responsible for the failure of Obamacare, the "General Welfare" Clause applies to healthcare, etc...), couldn't prove your point, and now you're taking your little ball and going home.

Typical liberal.

Folks can actually read what we both wrote you know ... LOL.

I'd love though, just as a small exercise in the truth, for you to quote me claiming that "Republicans are responsible for the failure of Obamacare" as well as anything I've said about the General Welfare clause.

Go'head Skippy. Show us were I said ANY of that.

You said:

The worst parts of ACA are rehashed Republican ideas from the last 30 years.

Obamacare is a massive failure. It is collapsing. You claimed its "worst parts" came from Republicans even though Republicans didn't write one word of the law.

When asked for a Constitution reference that would allow the Federal government to provide healthcare you cited Article 1, Sec 8 – the “General Welfare” clause presumably, since there’s no other portion of that section even remotely related to the subject of healthcare.

Further, you failed to provide any case law to back up your claim that Article 1, Sec. 8 somehow empowered the Federal government to provide healthcare.

As for the "pathetic state" of debate from the right or anywhere else, there isn't any. You've been proven wrong over and over again.

edit on 20-4-2017 by SBMcG because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

LOL ... keep ignoring the information I provided for you from the Heritage Foundation report on "Affordable Healthcare."

Keep ignoring the facts about documented history in the actions of the Gang of Six.

Article I, Section 8, since you don't seem to have read it, enumerates the powers of Congress and thus, of the Federal Government (along with Article II and III, etc.). You can keep claiming that the government doesn't have the power to do what has been done, but ... you're looking kinda silly when you do.

The only evidence that I've ever been proven wrong in a discussion with you is that I get tired of your ignorance and snide lies. Like I said ... you're boring.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Please cite the SPECIFIC clause of Article I, Sec. 8 that seemingly Obama and the leftist Obamacare Congress missed, has never been used to force the government to provide healthcare, but supposedly empowers the Federal government to do so.

Can you cite any case law to back up your claim that Article I, Sec. 8 empowers the Federal government to provide healthcare to citizens?

I could care less what the Heritage Foundation says about the genesis of Obamacare. Democrats and Democrats alone wrote every line without consulting Republicans. The "worst parts" of Barrycare are 100% liberal in nature.

I'm "boring" to you because I call you on your lies.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Is the ACA the law of the land? Has it been reviewed, challenged, etc. by both subsequent Congresses and the Supreme Court?

Sure has. Still going.

The rest of this just displays your rank ignorance. You don't seem to know what the Heritage Foundation is, it's relationship with the Republican Party, or the history of Republican Healthcare plans presented in Congress from 1986 onward, and you specifically have no idea about the documented history of the ACA.

Since you seem to think the only thing in Article I is the General Welfare Clause (which is so grossly ignorant you're just embarrassing yourself) ... why don't you look at what my ACTUAL claim was, eh? Shall we?

Article 1, Section 8 says otherwise.

/shrug

That's all I said and all I claimed about Article I, Section 8. Furthermore, the statement wasn't even addressed to you.

You're failing on such simple matters though ... here's a hint. Article I Section 8 also contains the Taxing and Spending Clause (includes the General Welfare Clause) and the Commerce Clause.

ETA: The General Welfare Clause supports programs like Social Security. You might review the Hamiltonian position as well as several SCOTUS cases in the mid 1800's and afterwards.

Here ... I know you wont' bother to actually look anything up.

United States v. Butler
Helvering v. Davis
South Dakota v. Dole.

You can find a primer at Wikipedia ... that might help you: General Welfare Clause

edit on 20-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Is the ACA the law of the land? Has it been reviewed, challenged, etc. by both subsequent Congresses and the Supreme Court?

Sure has. Still going.

The rest of this just displays your rank ignorance. You don't seem to know what the Heritage Foundation is, it's relationship with the Republican Party, or the history of Republican Healthcare plans presented in Congress from 1986 onward, and you specifically have no idea about the documented history of the ACA.

Since you seem to think the only thing in Article I is the General Welfare Clause (which is so grossly ignorant you're just embarrassing yourself) ... why don't you look at what my ACTUAL claim was, eh? Shall we?

Article 1, Section 8 says otherwise.

/shrug

That's all I said and all I claimed about Article I, Section 8. Furthermore, the statement wasn't even addressed to you.

You're failing on such simple matters though ... here's a hint. Article I Section 8 also contains the Taxing and Spending Clause and the Commerce Clause.

Obamacare was passed as a TAX, something Congress is constitutionally empowered to do. That's why it was upheld. It is now collapsing because it was written by idiot liberals.

I have NEVER said Obamacare was unconstitutional. I am actually one of those rare conservatives who agreed with the SCOTUS decision. Congress has absolute power to tax, ZERO authority to provide universal healthcare.

That's why Obama and the leftists didn't even go there...

edit on 20-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama has no legacy other than failure.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

So, in terms of your blanket statement that we'll never have a Single Payer system ... what's the legal, structural basis for that claim?

Show us, since you like to call for "case law," your evidence that there is no basis for a program similar say to Social Security, that provides National Healthcare.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Back to the point of the thread ...

President Trump Job Approval 42.5% - RCP

(Just for S&G ... Obama's rating was 63% for the same period.)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

So, in terms of your blanket statement that we'll never have a Single Payer system ... what's the legal, structural basis for that claim?

Show us, since you like to call for "case law," your evidence that there is no basis for a program similar say to Social Security, that provides National Healthcare.

I have clearly explained to you why we will never have a single-payer system (unless the Constitution is amended).

There is no constitutional authority granted the Federal government to do so. Nor is there any right of the individual established to receive same.

This was clearly proven by failed leftist Obama and his liberal Congress at the time who had to pass a mangled and mongrelized tax plan rather than the single-payer universal system leftists have wanted for decades.

If that could have been done legally, why didn't Obama do it?

There is no "case law" because people smarter than you (including a true halfwit like Obama) have always known there was no constitutional provision that would allow the enacting of socialized medicine at the Federal level so it's never been challenged in court.

However, per the 10th Amendment, the states are entirely within their rights to do so.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

So ... your answer is no, you don't have anything to back up your yakka-yakkita?

Yeah, that's about what I thought.

Best.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

So ... your answer is no, you don't have anything to back up your yakka-yakkita?

Yeah, that's about what I thought.

Best.

I have backed it up beyond all doubt.

It's you, who like all liberals, are at the shallow end of the pool.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It goes to show just how smart half of americans are cuz Trump is the best president we've had since Eisenhower beat back the commies and sent them running into the woodwork even though he didn't get to nuke north korea which he should have but people had no foresite back then like they do now except for Trump who is the best president we've had since I don't know how long.

And by the way the USA is the best country in the world and its the only country in the world wear your dreams can come true if you dont get into trouble with credit card debt which is easily avoided because just dont live outside you're means but I have a feeling because trump is in office he might even wipe everyones credit card debt clean unlike that commie lefty lib lover King obama.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

What an excellent post! You nailed the hammer on the head! Effentially your evokating metaphore with your saying that the lefty libs are in the shallow end of the swimming pool because guess what happens if you dive into the shallow end of a swimming pool?? I've done it and its not pretty its ok if lefty commie loving libs do it because its typical of them to dive in without checking the depth first but i wouldnt recommend it because you might accidentally split youre head open and then your brains will escape and float on the surface.

Hopefully the pool man will be their with a net to scoop them all up so they can put them back in!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

People sound so stupid when they use words like libtard obummer snowflake repukes etc. Just ✋😂

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Killeonidas

Unfotunately your wrong. Theirs proof that people who use words like libtard obummer snowflake are smarter than most harvard educated graudated students of MIT just like its scientifcaly proven that people who swear are smarter than those who dont swear. So I think its okay that people use words like libtard obummer snowflake etc.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

What an excellent post! You nailed the hammer on the head! Effentially your evokating metaphore with your saying that the lefty libs are in the shallow end of the swimming pool because guess what happens if you dive into the shallow end of a swimming pool?? I've done it and its not pretty its ok if lefty commie loving libs do it because its typical of them to dive in without checking the depth first but i wouldnt recommend it because you might accidentally split youre head open and then your brains will escape and float on the surface.

Hopefully the pool man will be their with a net to scoop them all up so they can put them back in!

Stunning eloquence.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

True story.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Translation: "Partisan obstructionism is only ok when my party does it."

Nope. Why should the Republicans have voted for something they knew was going to be a massive disaster, just like everything else Obama touched?

The only reason Obamacare is a disaster and continues to be a disaster is because Republicans aren't lifting a finger to save a policy that they could easily save all to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. Unfortunately for the Republicans that is starting to backfire on them as they found out earlier this year when they first attempted to repeal the bill. The ACA is turning out to be more popular than they originally thought. I guess their propaganda smear campaign didn't work as well as they thought it did, or maybe reality just proved them wrong. Like it usually does with their extreme rhetoric.
edit on 21-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join