It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones’ lawyers: their client should not be judged by his on-air persona

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well, they're all just performers giving you an escape from reality portraying fiction, just like Alex.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Ok, just make sure it was your own decision and that you are not losing anything now. That it's not the intellectual snobbery of this place or someone else.

The funny thing is the comments section. Some people just can't help themselves but come back to repeat the same S like he's fearmongering to sell his crap. It supports them. People don't complain about the adds here anymore. No one is forcing them to buy anything. It's a blind monkey-agenda causing people not to see the whole picture.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

I discovered Jones just like most people, one conspiracy leads to another to another and BAM, Alex Jones. My journey began with aliens and with that quest you'll always come across the NWO, lizard people, project blue beam, and everything else in the conspiracy world. It's all connected because people from all corners of the net try to connect these dots. So I became a listener and at that time began paying more attention to politics. I even have a few threads based off of Inforwars info (which all turned out to be lies).

But I became tired with him because he wasn't providing any real substance and that's what I was looking for. I got tired of his long winded rants, bad jokes, cringe worthy bravado, and fear mongering. So I left and I'll never go back. And that goes double today after he became a hardcore Trump supporter. How the hell can he support Trump, an elitist, a BS artist, and a man whose filled his cabinet with more elitists creating the wealthiest administration America has ever had?

Jones in the beginning was definitely on the right road but as the years went on and his wallet got fatter he clearly became a sell out. I still thank him for the bohemian grove video but he's not the man he once was.
edit on 17-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

He is what he is. A big white Texan with a trained tuvan voice and a good heart. I'd buy him a beer and fled through the toilet window later if he got too drunk. His support for T is bounded to keeping shared ideals. It was interresting to watch a couple of vids after Tomahawk-day when his mind was processing it in real-time. People were already flushing T down the toilet when he was just in steady wtf-mode trying to figure it out.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Yeah well, to each their own. Maybe one day you'll get tired of him just like I did, maybe not. In meantime, let me share with you the only way I'll watch Jones now-a-days.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I have no idea how my saying I don't like him or listen to him and it's very likely it is just an act does any of what you claim.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Never said you liked or listen to him, but dancing in circles about this gets repetitive and I hate repetition so on this issue agree to disagree.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Thanks mucho for making this thread. I look at the "new threads" list, and see that all of the ones that are hating on lefties and defending AJ and loving Trump are getting upper double-digit flags. Here's the thing:

Jones is going down. Bannon also is going down. They are both rodeo clowns. Trump got the vote. Fine. Now he is flip-flopping all over the place. And they still defend him.

It's really sad.

The more I think about it, the more I believe we need to overhaul the education system. So......fine. Do it.
Just don't reinstall Jesus in there.

Fix the schools? FINE. That means SCIENCE, and facts, and math and history.
(Add Jesus? Nope. Only if a youngster says, "I wonder what the story of Jesus is all about?" You know, like wanting to know more about Homer or Plato or Shakespeare. et al.)

And if they ask....go ahead and teach them what an antiquated and decidedly not charming theme Jesus represents.

After that, add Hawking. And the Dalai Lama. And Sam Harris. And Tyson. And Hitchens and Dawkins.

Add all of that in, and sure, you can talk about "Jesus." In terms of Western Civ.

edit on 4/17/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Just one more thing:

INFOWARS and BREITBART are fake news that get people riled up enough to buy guns and 'prepper' stuff and vote for the absolute worst choice in terms of their own self-interest. It's kinda sad. But, well............

now they know. Not only is Trump a talking head who agrees with whoever, but Glenn Beck and Alex Jones and Steve Bannon and all of their "alt-right" ilk are being exposed.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

While I am not a huge AJ fan, I have seen this sentiment all over the web today.

If the man is "playing" a character for effect, does that automatically make what he's saying fictitious? I don't think so. The talking heads in the MSM are all basically just "playing" a character or donning a persona for the camera to improve ratings. Does that automatically change the veracity of the content?

Plus this is a custody hearing. Lawyers are scrapping the bottom of the barrel in order to produce for their client. AJ's antics are some seriously low hanging fruit.

Of course I have never met the man and he really could be like what he demonstrates on his show. It could really mean he is full of s***. I'm just saying it's not automatically true because you do not like him.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Of course I have never met the man and he really could be like what he demonstrates on his show. It could really mean he is full of s***. I'm just saying it's not automatically true because you do not like him.

AJ is a media genius at manipulating so many people. Texans know what a charlatan he is and mock him when he goes out in public which is very seldom. He get's challenged to fight all the time by the real tough guys; he's a coward that talks tough but refuses to back it up. Rumor is; he's moving his operation to LA. Typical...

As we say in Texas..."all hat, no cattle"

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

AJ is a media genius at manipulating so many people. Texans know what a charlatan he is and mock him when he goes out in public which is very seldom. He get's challenged to fight all the time by the real tough guys; he's a coward that talks tough but refuses to back it up. Rumor is; he's moving his operation to LA. Typical...

cause partaking in a fist fight is an intelligent way of conversing with people. get out of here!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

cause partaking in a fist fight is an intelligent way of conversing with people. get out of here!

What do you expect? It's TEXAS!!! AJ presents an aggressive tough guy persona and gets called out. The intelligent people know when to stop running your mouth.

You reap what you sow....

There is another expression used in Texas that applies..."If you can't run with the big dogs...stay on the F+cing porch"

I will give credit to AJ for creating a viable brand, appealing to the "softies" looking for confirmation of their ideological biases.

edit on 17-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

If the man is "playing" a character for effect, does that automatically make what he's saying fictitious? I don't think so.

It means that no matter what he 'says' you can't trust it. He's doing it just so you can blow off some steam while you listen to him rant and rave about all the crap he peddles, and then give you a way to "fight it" by buying some bullcrap package of "prepper" gear and so on.

It's all crap.
Please. Wake up to yourself.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

edit on 4/17/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

What do you expect? It's TEXAS!!! AJ presents an aggressive tough guy persona and gets called out. The intelligent people know when to stop running your mouth.

You reap what you sow....

There is another expression used in Texas that applies..."If you can't run with the big dogs...stay on the F+cing porch"

I will give credit to AJ for creating a viable brand, appealing to the "softies" looking for confirmation of their ideological biases.

see for me you arent a big dog if your brand of argument means resorting to your fists. it means your quite small and dont have the ability to actually formulate a proper argument or to know when to just turn and walk away.btw i love that fricken compilation and check it out every now and then for a good laugh. if youve watched him u know those are usually part of the act when he exaggerates and generally its making fun of someone elses stance, not always but generally it is.
edit on 17-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Saw quite a few MSM outlets reporting on Wikileaks stuff...in Australia.

Let that sink in.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

see for me you arent a big dog if your brand of argument means resorting to your fists. it means your quite small and dont have the ability to actually formulate a proper argument.

Do you think AJ formulates a proper argument or is just a loudmouth media personality playing people for chumps.

edit on 17-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ABNARTY

If the man is "playing" a character for effect, does that automatically make what he's saying fictitious? I don't think so.

It means that no matter what he 'says' you can't trust it. He's doing it just so you can blow off some steam while you listen to him rant and rave about all the crap he peddles, and then give you a way to "fight it" by buying some bullcrap package of "prepper" gear and so on.

It's all crap.
Please. Wake up to yourself.

lol u dont think many of us know the ads are crap and its all part of the performance? i mean ive never bought a lick of a thing from alex jones or what was advertised on his show. i do love checking out his brand of performance art but if u dont think the other media outlets arent doing the same thing differently your niave imo. they all put on a dog and pony show for the viewers
edit on 17-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A lot of times I agree with the info Alex Jones dispenses. I fact check a lot of his claims and more times than not his information has checked out. Sometimes I disagree with his views and think he stretches a bit far on a conspiracy.

This is my ability to collectively reason with what I can prove or disprove based upon the publicly available information I have to confirm or deny a claim.

No one TV or news personality has ever been always right or always wrong in my opinion. Even though I am not a liberal there have been some valid points made by some of the most staunch liberals I generally do not like or agree with. I always reserve the option to make my decision based upon the information I have available. At times I find myself emotionally charged about a particular topic and I have to remind myself to step back and remove emotion. Emotion typically leads to very poor decisions.

Anyone discounting someone for less than legitimate reasons are doing themselves a disservice with getting the whole picture.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join