It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is more dangerous, a psychopathic politician or narcissistic one?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I realize that psychopaths and narcissists are not actually suffering from "madness" but they are in possession of personality disorders that can cause them to look at the world in a totally different way than regular "neural normative" individuals. Freud noted that the people best suited to govern countries never actually wanted to. So maybe just as hystronic and narcissistic people go into acting to satisfy their cravings for attention the narcissist and psychopath head for political power and influence. Yet just as one personality disorder may make for better parenting than the other so too can one of them make for a dangerous politician, but one that is open to persuasion. So what do you think, is your senator or congressman one of these categories?

edit on 14-4-2017 by edward777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
psychopaths by far because they lack EMPATHY......

now...if you had a person who had both those problems that would pretty much be a humdinger...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: edward777

A psychopath is more dangerous because they have no moral center and no control over their actions. Their mental illness blunts any sense of right and wrong. A narcissist however will do whatever makes him look best in the eyes of others. He wants others to like him and see him as he sees himself. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. I don't believe Trump is a psychopath but he is a narcissist. The only problem though is that he has deluded himself into believing lies which are demonstrably so. He barely won the election, but he continues to believe he has massive national support. All of the polls show his numbers dropping but then he cites a poll from a company he previously criticized simply because it shows his poll numbers to be higher than the others. The attack on Syria may be an attempt to get people to like him for standing up to tyranny, but it has back fired because Trump supporters are fleeing left and right. Commenters on the Alex Jones site are up in arms and pissed at Trump for caving. Interesting times.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I remember being narcissistic. it is not a bad thing. it didnt change me much. i am totally modest in life towards others still. i dont remember being psychopath so it has possibility of being worse than narcissistic.

hahah! i sound really like a narcissistic.
but logically thinking probably if i were psychopath, i wouldnt change again either.
edit on 14-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We will see this weekend if north korea and the USA go to war

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Trump wants war while we celebrate the risen Christ. Cosmic irony....

is it any wonder we can't have nice things....???

edit on 14-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Most politicians are narcissistic to some degree. You almost have to be. I do think a decent number of them are psychopaths though. They have no moral center and will lie, cheat, and steal to maintain their power. I think what makes them particularly dangerous is that they are good at hiding the fact they are psychopaths.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Neither... its a job REQUIREMENT.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dovdov

A psychopath is more dangerous because they have no moral center and no control over their actions.

Psychopaths have control over their actions. Look at Charles Manson. And narcissists believe they know better than other people. They believe their 'moral center' is superior to the societal more and act accordingly. They feel they 'know things other people don't' and that their judgement is better than others. Their decision making is frequently skewed because of this.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Of course the psychopath would be more dangerous! I think we already have a lot of politicians who have some degree of narcissism. If they didn't, they wouldn't be craving the lime light and influence their position gives them. We have a lot of geriatric career politicians who seem to think nobody else can represent their constituents better than themselves. They refuse to relinquish their office and make way for younger and sharper minds.

Most people who run for political office have $$$, big heads and think highly of themselves. Nancy Pelosi and John McCain are at the top of that list.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeonsI'm sorry. Donald Trump is at the top of that list and there's a looooooong gap to the next person. We've never had a politician that openly thinks he's the smartest man on the planet.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The word Politician is the word we should be talking about. I have known some politicians, personally they were good, but when talking about bias party line politics, they sucked. I knew them well enough to get the truth, it actually depressed them to have to keep things from the people.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A narc wants to stoke their ego. A psycho wants to be a control freak; possibly kill a bunch of people. Seems pretty simple math to me. A psychopathic narc now thats scary. And she almost "won" the election.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
psy·cho·path = a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

We have never had a politician like this that I can think of. No one would have voted them into office.
But we have had lots of Narcs.

So the answer would be the psycho.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Hillary the murderer. Looks like you just proved me wrong. Somebody might vote one into office yet.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: crazyewok

Trump wants war while we celebrate the risen Christ. Cosmic irony....

is it any wonder we can't have nice things....???

Only the Devil himself would start a war on Easter.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So somebody said its something maybe relation to someone or maybe they are hooking up with a boss maybe they are afraid of firing her because of her race ect! Your job is to find out what it is. Then use it agaisnt her say for example she is dating up the corporate ladder well just create gossip about her dating or hooking up with someone you work with make sure its someone good looking or well liked. However be careful make sure its someone higher up then her if your lucky its someone over the person who is actually hooking up with her. You will notice who it is if you get it right. This will cause conflict then push the issues of her work being bad because all of a sudden it will have effects.

If its someone she is related too facebook will find it out simply look at the people in charge one of them will have her as a contact make sure its a personal facebook not one created for a job. Then check linkdin and other sites to get more conformation. again use gossip and let it slip out who ahe is related too! Most of the times they hide the fact they are family this will put pressure on the person who hired her when everyone knows its their fault all of a sudden pressure will be put on her.

If its race, religion or anything else create a situation where she is being insensitive. Make small comments that she will have to add up over time and she will become offended and "lash out at your race, gender, religion while everyone else just completely in the dark. Never say the small comments infront of other people just her. I repeat toe the line of plausible deniability.

Chances are its she is hooking up with someone higher up then you or she is related to someone because her works sucks as you said. These two are the easiest to beat. A: find out who she is hooking up with remember to use face book or linkdin or just follow her one day. B: create gossip about her hooking up with someone else.
If its her family find out who and just make it known pretty soon it will effect the person who hired her and he or she will be forced to do something.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The psycho path enjoys hurting others, tends to lay hands on personally.

The most dangerous combination of psychological disfunction is a sociopath and a narcissist.

The sociopath gets others to do their dirty work, having no empathy whatsoever how many get killed or maimed.

Put those people in power and watch out. You get 'destroyer of world' types like Hitler, Stalin, Hillary---

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: edward777
I realize that psychopaths and narcissists are not actually suffering from "madness" but they are in possession of personality disorders that can cause them to look at the world in a totally different way than regular "neural normative" individuals. Freud noted that the people best suited to govern countries never actually wanted to. So maybe just as hystronic and narcissistic people go into acting to satisfy their cravings for attention the narcissist and psychopath head for political power and influence. Yet just as one personality disorder may make for better parenting than the other so too can one of them make for a dangerous politician, but one that is open to persuasion. So what do you think, is your senator or congressman one of these categories?

Let's see George Bush Jr or Trump..im sorry i read it wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Narc politician, hands down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join