It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 year old boy killed himself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Story goes that a 11 year old boy killed himself because he thought his girlfriend died (she pranked him). Now, the girlfriend is facing charges for causing such actions.

www.msn.com... ?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

I think there was more to the child suicide. Maybe perhaps he was under going undiagnosed depression that his parents didn't know about. Or he was getting bullied on the net and or at school but didn't tell anyone. Or maybe he got deeply effected by this prank.

I don't understand why the poor boy would kill himself like this

I don't think the girl should be charged. Yes, what she done wasn't right but hardly worthy of charges. She didn't cyberbully him or abused him (far as I know). All she did was pranked him. I don't know...

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

Well we definitely don't know what was going through his head, but I think charging the girl is wrong she did not know he would kill himself.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

Thats what they call them "crushes". Losing that first love... why the hell would someone fake their own death like that unless they had a mean streak.

.o2

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What 11 year old kills himself over a girl.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's just a prank bro! I hate those idiots so much. Well stupid ideas have serious consequences too and though i'm not fond of the guilty by association part she deserves some kind of punishment. Faking her own death to prank him and scar him for life is just cruel and ha snothing to do with i call fun. Taking your own life because of this is a pretty harsh reaction though.

This generation acts so stupid and careless that i have no idea how to save them.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wow that's​ awful that he took his own life, i don't think she should be punished in court for this, the punishment will be, she may never want a boyfriend again just incase she kills him by saying something or never do pranks again i mean she may fear doing anything wrong from now on.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Every one of these kids that passes horribly before most, pushes me harder to make sure my baby knows he is loved and cared for on all levels as he grows up, and that he is a part of a team, a tribe. I suffer a few things myself so I have an advantage that some parents don't, it's imperative to be as involved as possible with your kids, and then, even a little more. IMO.

I don't blame anyone particular person for what tragedy this 11 year old suffered, but I feel like life is for the living and its our responsibility to do the best we can to make sure these kids have a support system and a healthy community and medical treatments available at qualified facilities for kids who do have chemical imbalances, whether it be psychologists or pschiatrists, etc..... Parks and museums and educational centers for those who just need more attention and more interaction.

With social media I feel the internet is even more dangerous than it was when I was a kid in the 90s. Psychologically speaking. Kids are able to embarrass and bully one another on a much wider scale.

That's just my little addition to this

This stuff breaks my heart for those parents.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
What I want to know is why is an eleven year old boy involved in a relationship to begin with... Where were the parents?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
What I want to know is why is an eleven year old boy involved in a relationship to begin with... Where were the parents?

Exactly what I was going to ask. Not so much that the boy had a girlfriend but where were the parents? Why blame the little girl I would have some serious questions for the parents of both children!

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Can't really feel sad tbh, kids an idiot.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexjonesismydaddy

This is tragic,your callous remark speaks volumes of your character..

This is an eleven year old child , if you were making a joke I find it in poor taste...

Wow this is your first post...way to make a first impression.

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 9-4-2017 by Mike Stivic because: i bet you just made your daddy proud

edit on 9-4-2017 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainHook
Story goes that a 11 year old boy killed himself because he thought his girlfriend died (she pranked him). Now, the girlfriend is facing charges for causing such actions.

www.msn.com... ?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

I think there was more to the child suicide. Maybe perhaps he was under going undiagnosed depression that his parents didn't know about. Or he was getting bullied on the net and or at school but didn't tell anyone. Or maybe he got deeply effected by this prank.

I don't understand why the poor boy would kill himself like this

I don't think the girl should be charged. Yes, what she done wasn't right but hardly worthy of charges. She didn't cyberbully him or abused him (far as I know). All she did was pranked him. I don't know...

What do you think?

'dont know What to think.Terrible....But these things have happened before, and there are precedents for youth prosecution in the juvenile "juvie" system for cases just like this.

Should the girl be blamed? Probably...but charged with intent would not be too easy. It was just kids stuff...with no intention of getting him to kill himself. He did that and didnt have to.

What with bullying these days...some kids are just immaturely sensitive and dont think rationally because they are kids themselves.

I dont think she meant it or even thought he would take it that far. Awful...really sad...

M.S.

edit on 9-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexjonesismydaddy

I read your reply and tried to ignore such a ridiculous statement but I just can't.

There is something wrong with you. Either you are seriously mentally ill or you're such a #ing moron you think you are being funny.

Either way you are sick and should seek professional help!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
According to this other article I read: www.huffingtonpost.ca...

"Using a cellphone he bought without his mother's knowledge, Tysen on March 14 was reading texts and other messages about the faked suicide and decided he would end his life too, his mother said.

After seeing the posts about his girlfriend, Tysen replied over social media that he was going to kill himself, and no one involved in the prank told an adult, Goss said."

What the girlfriend did was utterly thoughtless and horrible and the fact that her friends were willingly in on this prank was bad enough. But he announces intent to kill himself as well and noone reports it to police, their parents, his parents...? That to me is the biggest part of this entire tragedy. That they stood by and did nothing.

I don't know. There is so much wrong in all of this. There is likely more behind the scenes, but we'll probably never hear about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
What a terrible story.

Sadly, children do kill themselves, although an 11 year old would be at the lower age range.

Bullying is usually the cause.
edit on 10/4/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reading other articles it seems like the boy was on top of the world, no real indication of depression or anything of the sorts...i know we can't say for sure what was going on in his mind but it looks like he was a great kid with LOTS heart and emotion.
i wouldn't be surprised if he thought that him and his girlfriend would just be together forever, happily ever after sort of thing.
As for pressing charges against the girlfriend...i don't know.
It was a stupid tasteless prank made by a 13 year old, and clearly not a very mature one.
I'd only agree with pressing charges if, going through her conversations with other people, you can find some evidence of malice, like she WANTED to hurt him.
in that case yeah, throw the book at her

----------
Started looking more into the story and i found this:

According to Goss, whose oldest son got a copy of the messages that were being sent to Tysen that night, here is what happened: Tysen was texting or Snapchatting with a person he thought was his girlfriend's friend. He read a post that said his girlfriend had committed suicide. Tysen responded, saying he was going to kill himself, too. But those involved in the prank never texted him back that it was only a joke, nor did they alert any adult about Tysen's plan. According to Goss, the person who wrote the post was actually the girlfriend, who had borrowed a friend's account, pretended to be her and faked her own death. "She used her friend's account to make it look like she died. Even when he said he was going to kill himself, she didn't say, 'I'm just kidding.' She just left it alone," said Goss, stressing she's sharing this story to raise more awareness about the pervasive problem of cyberbullying.

source

the little girl is a POS, so my doubts are gone, throw the book at her
edit on 10/4/2017 by IShotMyLastMuse because: i already explained why so...here's a breakfast idea if like you you eat like a pig in the morning: www.michaelfoods.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Agreed.The kid had some emotional/physiological problems..

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm thinking he had issues way beyond his girlfriend,young kids will be kids,just because one takes it to an extreme,not the girlfriends fault

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thats what they call them "crushes". Losing that first love... why the hell would someone fake their own death like that unless they had a mean streak.

Women like attention maybe she wanted to see what he thought of her if she had gone. Either way they both young and I am confident it was not malicious in anyway.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: intrptr

Women like attention maybe she wanted to see what he thought of her if she had gone. Either way they both young and I am confident it was not malicious in anyway.

Well then thats the difference between now and when I was young.

Faking ones death is acceptable, no big deal? Me thinks if they are filing charges... according to the article anyway, someone thought there was indeed some erm, 'maliciousness'.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join