It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 year old boy killed himself

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

So sad this tragedy happening, although we may give love to our children 24/7, depression can still hit. Did you notice from the link

Furthermore, the study also found that excessive Internet use was “strongly associated with higher levels of depression” and thoughts or attempts to commit suicide.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

Not so much that the boy had a girlfriend but where were the parents?

Huh? from the link....the mother was checking up on him

Shortly after 10 p.m., Goss went to each of her three sons’ rooms to tuck them in. Tysen’s door was locked, but she was able to open it with her key. At first, she thought her middle son was hiding or playing a trick because he wasn’t in his bed. “I went in and I thought he was being silly,” Goss told The Post. “I ended up finding him in the closet . … I tried to hurry up and lift him up. I was screaming. I told my oldest son to call 911. My littlest one was bawling.” Goss said the paramedics were able to revive Tysen. The boy was hospitalized for three weeks before he died on Tuesday at a Detroit-area hospital. Goss said her son often used Snapchat. The night he died, she said he was texting and talking on Snapchat with the 13-year-old girl, who was using someone else’s account when she told Tysen that his girlfriend had died. No one warned her son that it was all a prank, Goss said.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

from the link - she is not being charged in anyway for his death but..

The girl, whose name was not released, has been charged with malicious use of telecommunication service, punishable by up to six months in juvenile detention; and using a computer to commit a crime, which carries up to a year in punishment. Both are misdemeanor charges.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yes, and I 100 percent believe it. Its such a tricky sensitive situation cos on some levels its really different for each kid.

So sad!

-Alee

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The article leaves more questions than answers.

It is very unusual for the average 13 y/o girl to be in a romantic relationship with an eleven y/o boy. This leads to multiple questions as to what type of friendship this young lad had with the girl, and was it a mutual agreement, in the real world.

At eleven and at 13, children are quite immature, though they like to think they are much wiser than they are. I have taught classes in cyber safety. One of the problems young people have today is that they are emotionally attached to their cyberworld. A child that feels strong, vibrant, popular, and gutsy, in their cyber world, is often a weak, quiet, frightened, withdrawn child, in the real world.

This is one of the major reasons that you will hear parents denying the behavior attributed to their children. Parents are quick to retort, "Not my child!" "My child would never do or say anything like that!" That is because they think they know the child that presents itself to them in the real world, but their child sees and others perceive the cyber-child, not the real one.
edit on 10-4-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I agree with you completely.
Even on the "I dont know".
Sad story none the less. Even or the girl involved. Regardless of if shes found guilty, shell live the rest of her life knowing her actions led to the death of another.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
What I want to know is why is an eleven year old boy involved in a relationship to begin with... Where were the parents?

Exactly what I was going to ask. Not so much that the boy had a girlfriend but where were the parents? Why blame the little girl I would have some serious questions for the parents of both children!
All I know is if my eleven year old son or daughter came to me and told me they had a boyfriend/girlfriend, I would want to know what was going on. I grew up in an era where you didn't even so much think, much less suggest, you wanted or had a relationship until you were 13 or 14 years old. I was eleven 29 years ago and having a "girlfriend" wasn't even a thought in my mind at that age.

Now, I hear my great nieces walking around, at 6 and 8 years of age, talking about they "need" a man and "want" to get married. Their mother laughs and acts like it's all "ok." I don't get it.
edit on 10-4-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Social media is a catastrophe in my eyes. So much bad comes with all of the inter-connectivity.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LaWnOrDeR92

Social media is a catastrophe in my eyes. So much bad comes with all of the inter-connectivity.

Unfortunately, it is a false interconnection based, too often, on lies or embellishments that neither party can live up to, so some end up taking the permanent way out.

edit on 13-5-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Fixed formatting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join