It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Finds $500 Billion (Billion!) In Errors During Audit Of Obama HUD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: xuenchen
HUD looks like a real deep-pocket enterprise of well paid corruption and skimming.

Of course bookkeeping errors mean money is "missing." Right?

uuuuhuhuhu

all errors are convenient

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No he didn't. The auditors did.

HUD's bookkeeping ain't run so good.
Last year's audit:

Whom was this "ain't run so good" under?

Also, who ordered the Audit?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Audits have been ongoing since 1990 annually. Ben had absolutely nothing to do with this but hey, why deny ignorance?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Maybe we'll see something that needs to be done: An immediate cessation of operations.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Why not answer the question for Phage?
Oh, wait you did!

If one can consider "nothing to see here" an answer?

Who was running HUD at the time?

Is it now taboo to name a name?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Phage

Were any of that part of an audit report on my work, I would resign from my job and find different work. No doubt that my books aren't that complicated...but i don't have their manpower and education.

You can't be that negligent on accident.

Have you ever been to the DMV?

I'm absolutely not saying it's impossible for there to have been some malfeasance going on, but I absolutely would not be shocked to learn this kind of waste happened from plain ol' negligence and poor accounting.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Audits have been ongoing since 1990 annually. Ben had absolutely nothing to do with this but hey, why deny ignorance?

So, if he doesn't solve the problem we can't blame him for it, right? I understand what you are saying, but I don't recall seeing this information about past audits being talked about much. So, the audit is an annual thing, no matter who is in charge. Yep, I agree. People in charge in the past didn't solve the problem. If he manages to solve the problem or even make a dent in solving it I will be happy. If he doesn't ... well then ... at that point I will say he wasn't the man for the job.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Well you see, if Trump put a cute puppy in charge of HUD the auditors would still have found the errors because that's their job and they do it annually.

So you see, doesn't matter whose in charge because the audit system is always on going. In fact, the gov't audits just about everything, every year, well except for the Federal Reserve. That's weird.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That is my point.

In the real world, that is the world outside of government service, people are actually accountable for things like this. My employers would likely pursue criminal charges for losing track of 1% of our annual budget....and HUD seems to be at 1000%.

We all live in a world where when we are broke, we dont just raise our debt ceiling. We instead take account of where our cash is going so we can keep from being broke. And we reinforce this by suffering the ill effects of being broke, like having no elecricity for a week or something.

Nowhere outside of government does this crap fly. I'd be willing to pay someone a salary of $100mil/year on a 10 year contract if they were able to find and destroy waste, and install appropriate controls with clear lines of accountability. We'd still come out like bandits, even with that ridiculous salary. There is no reason for it at all.
edit on 4/6/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

So, if he doesn't solve the problem we can't blame him for it, right? I understand what you are saying, but I don't recall seeing this information about past audits being talked about much. So, the audit is an annual thing, no matter who is in charge. Yep, I agree. People in charge in the past didn't solve the problem. If he manages to solve the problem or even make a dent in solving it I will be happy. If he doesn't ... well then ... at that point I will say he wasn't the man for the job.

He, as in Ben, has nothing to do with this. No matter whose in charge, D or R, audits will happen. The auditors aren't doing their job based on their political ideologies. They're just crunching numbers, so to speak.

The reason why you have this misleading so called article today is because it's a conservative blog who of course will spin anything to make their party look good. No integrity at all.

What exactly has Ben actually done since taking on this role? That's something I haven't read or heard about yet.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well you see, if Trump put a cute puppy in charge of HUD the auditors would still have found the errors because that's their job and they do it annually.

So you see, doesn't matter whose in charge because the audit system is always on going. In fact, the gov't audits just about everything, every year, well except for the Federal Reserve. That's weird.

what do they do with these audits?

Ill admit ignorance with this...if you can illuminate a little it would help. But it seems that if their audit reports a lack of appropriate controls in multiple areas....and that was on the prior year report and remains unaddressed.....we have a REAL issue of willfully negligent behavior.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

A source familiar with such accounting and financial reports said the report is a big deal because this kind of systemic coverup — if indeed it can be called a coverup — usually constitutes some type of fraud, adding that if this was a business, people would go to jail. It also adds to the long list of problems in the government housing loan industry

ivn.us...

So, under Julian Castro there was mismanagement to such
a degree that it points to fraud.

Julián Castro, American Democratic politician who served
as United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
under President Barack Obama from 2014 to 2017

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Did you even read what I posted? I said I understand and agree with you that the audit happens no matter who is in charge. My problem is as BFFT said "what do they do with these audits?" Who was in charge that received the past audits and either didn't try to solve the problems or was an incompetent boob and couldn't solve the problems. Will that person be held accountable? They should be, just as Ben Carson should be if he can't fix it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Okay...but you said "you can't be that negligent on accident" which I took to also be your point, which is why I commented that it wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that people working for HUD were in fact that negligent. Wasn't really trying to debate about it.

Perhaps they weren't "accidentally negligent" to that degree, but more apathetically negligent.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
When did Ben Carson become an accountant?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What do they do? Well, for one, I don't work on the audit team so I can't provide you the details but I assure you they are very boring even if I could. Audits happen and the reason they audit every year is to find mistakes. That's their job. Don't praise Ben or Trump, praise the auditors.

If you want to really dig into this then here you go, www.hudoig.gov...

Report back with any of your findings here.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This was bound to happen with the first president ever put on congressional welfare...
I suspect this is just the tip of a very large Titanic sinking ice-burg.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Maybe he can do the pentagon next.....
Then Medicare,,,,,,,
Then the v.a......

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Wow...

Someone has some splaining to do...

Yea yea I know nobody will be held accountable... but I can hope.

Don't worry, CNN will be on later 'splainin' how racist it is for him to suggest Team Obama had not just their hands but their whole faces in the cookie jar.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

What is that source? Never heard of it before. Perhaps it's another conservative "outlet"? Did you just find it doing a google search related to the OP? If so, I'm sure they're not spinning anything at all to favor their party.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join