It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Finds $500 Billion (Billion!) In Errors During Audit Of Obama HUD

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
a reply to: Swills

Did you even read what I posted? I said I understand and agree with you that the audit happens no matter who is in charge. My problem is as BFFT said "what do they do with these audits?" Who was in charge that received the past audits and either didn't try to solve the problems or was an incompetent boob and couldn't solve the problems. Will that person be held accountable? They should be, just as Ben Carson should be if he can't fix it.

You asking the wrong guy and on the wrong forum if you want to know the chain of command for auditors. You're best bet, is to contact HUD because no one here has those answers for you.

What I do know is, the auditors aren't apart of a conspiracy to cover up or steal anything. Their job is to find errors. They do it every year because you won't find all the errors if you only do it once. Their job is to find errors, that's it.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Who said anything about auditors being part of a conspiracy? Did I miss something? Auditors audit. Yep, I agree.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

On the loan/bank side of HUD. Unfortunately HUD is not easy to fix.

Because the banks don't make it easy. Their loan files are a mess. They don't pay taxes, utilities and HOA dues. And then all that stuff goes to HUD.

It's a mess. Trust me.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It looks to be a business related website.
Don't blame me, I found it using Google for "news" on "HUD".

Guess if it was CNN then it would pass your smell test?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Is the money gone...into a Black hole?

In another forum there'd be a tasteless joke
allowed.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Funding of ISIS ? The money that was paid to Iran ? Obama's retirement cache ?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I agree that these were no errors...they were crimes, and someone should pay. Unfortunately, Obama and his gang have the media to cover them with nonstop propaganda...and we all new that anyone who publicly accuses Obama of stealing from the US government will be instantly labeled a racist.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
HUD has been that way since inception.
You guys have never heard of Catherine Fitts ???

If the America people only knew.

Buck

The government is insolvent. Oh a great show however!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: burntheships

Well you see, if Trump put a cute puppy in charge of HUD the auditors would still have found the errors because that's their job and they do it annually.

So you see, doesn't matter whose in charge because the audit system is always on going. In fact, the gov't audits just about everything, every year, well except for the Federal Reserve. That's weird.

The difference is that it will not keep going on for 8 more years. Just watch!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
When did Ben Carson become an accountant?

When will you stop attempting to deflect attention from a problem that has been on-going for years now? Do you think this sort of operation is a good thing?

The same problems were detailed for each of the last three audits, and the auditors say the continued problems “were due to an inability to establish a compliant control environment, implement adequate financial accounting systems, retain key financial staff, and identify appropriate accounting principles and policies."

Since I'm equally suspicious of both parties, I don't actually give a big rip which party was in control but in this case it appears that the Obama administration did nothing to address the evident problems. If you were running a business and the auditors came to you with this information, would you attack the auditors?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ok so we have another case of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

My question is who got paid, when, and why?

How many times since two days before 9/11 has huge sums of money disappeared?

Where does it go?

And why the f#ck are we as a nation arguing about which party should be running the show, when all it is at this point is a sh#t show?

We need to collectively get our heads out of our asses and start working as a nation to install a new system of government.
edit on 462017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

edit on 462017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Who said any money disappeared?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ok, I'll play.
Where'd it go?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Who said it "went" anywhere?

"Accounting errors" does not mean money went missing. It does not mean it went anywhere. It means there were accounting errors.
edit on 4/6/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What's 2.3 trillion dollars in todays money? Oh that was republicans, never mind.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Let's take an aside to give y'all an idea of who Ben Carson is....spoiler alert: he is an intellectual behemoth...

BTW, any member of the alpha omega alpha society has an intellect unequalled by the general populace...
Non medical people(physicians specifically) will not quite get it but trust me, it's a big deal...

And as a sidenote to this sidenote:
During residency, it gets beaten into your head to hold your hands up and in front under your chin [during surgery] somewhat effeminately so as to keep ur hands free of gravitational forces which would send contaminants down your arms and into the surgical theatre…
SNL constantly made fun of the way he held his hands but it something that all trama related physicians, especially surgeons, will do when listening or standing for protracted periods of time…
-------------------------------

Performed the first and only successful separation (in 1987) of craniopagus (Siamese) twins joined at the back of the head, the first completely successful separation of type-2 vertical craniopagus twins (in 1997 in South Africa), and the first successful placement of an intrauterine shunt for a hydrocephalic twin. Although he has been involved in many newsworthy operations, he feels that every case is noteworthy -- deserving of maximum attention.
At age 33, the youngest physician to ever head a major division at Johns Hopkins.
Married for 40 years to his wife, Candy, and the father of three sons.
President and co-founder of the Carson Scholars Fund, which recognizes students of all backgrounds in grades 4-11 for exceptional academic and humanitarian qualities. He and his wife co-founded the organization in 1994 to help solve America’s education crisis. Winners receive a $1,000 scholarship to be invested toward their college education, along with a recognition package and an invitation to attend an awards banquet. Carson Scholars become role models and leaders at their schools.
Co-founder of Angels of the OR under the auspices of the Baltimore Community Foundation, which provides grant to assist neurosurgery patients with expenses not covered by insurance.
Majored in psychology at Yale and graduated from the University of Michigan School of Medicine.
Received the nation’s highest civilian award, the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2008. The medal may be awarded by the President “to any person who has made an especially meritorious contribution to (1) the security or national interests of the United States, or (2) world peace, or (3) cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.” *
Appointed in 2004 to serve on the President’s Council on Bioethics.
Received the 2008 Ford’s Theater Lincoln Medal.
Named one of "America's Best Leaders" by US News & World Reports in 2008
Received the Jefferson Award in 2000 for "Greatest Public Service Benefiting the Disadvantaged"
Awarded the Healthcare Humanitarian Award in 2004 because he has "enhanced the quality of human lives and has influenced the course of history through ongoing contributions to healthcare and medicine."
Member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, the Institute of Medicine/National Academy of Science, the Horatio Alger Society of Distinguished Americans, the American Academy of Achievement, and many other prestigious organizations.
Sits on the board of directors of numerous organizations, including Kellogg Company, Costco Wholesale Corporation, the Academy of Achievement, and is an Emeritus Fellow of the Yale Corporation, the governing body of Yale University.
Named by CNN and TIME Magazine as one of the nation’s 20 foremost physicians and scientists in 2001.
Elected by the Library of Congress as one of 89 "Living Legends" on the occasion of its 200th anniversary in 2001.
Recipient of the 2006 Spingarn Medal which is the highest honor bestowed by the NAACP.
Elected to the National Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Medicine, considered one of the highest honors in the fields of health and medicine.
Inaugural recipient of a professorship endowed by notable philanthropists and supporters of Johns Hopkins Medicine.
2012 Influential Marylander award recipient by The Daily Record, Baltimore’s legal and business newspaper.
Fullwood Foundation for “individuals who have invested their time in humanitarian deeds that substantially improve the quality of life of the citizens of the State of Maryland.”
Detroit Public Schools opened the Dr. Benjamin Carson High School of Science and Medicine for students interested in pursuing healthcare careers.
Awarded 60 honorary doctorate degrees and dozens of national merit citations.
Authored over 100 neurosurgical publications.
Author of 6 books:
(2014) One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America's Future, Sentinel HC Publishing. ISBN 978-1595231123
(2011) America the Beautiful: Rediscovering What Made This Nation Great, Zondervan Publishing. ISBN 978-0-310-33071-4
(2008) Take The Risk, Zondervan Publishing. ISBN 0-310-25973-8
(2000) The Big Picture, Zondervan Publishing. ISBN 978-0-310-22583-6
(1996) Think Big, Zondervan Publishing. ISBN 0-310-21459-9
(1990) Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story, Review & Herald Pub., ISBN 0-8280-0669-5; (2009) Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story, Zondervan Publishing. ISBN 0-310-21469-6
Writer of weekly opinion column for The Washington Times, writes for a digital magazine called American CurrentSee, and serves as Chairman of the American Legacy PAC, a national effort to replace Obamacare and "Save Our Healthcare."

-Chris

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Were any of that part of an audit report on my work, I would resign from my job and find different work. No doubt that my books aren't that complicated...but i don't have their manpower and education.

You can't be that negligent on accident.

For that long, either.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Thanks for grammar update.

So it has since thus been accounted for and everything is now in its right and proper place?
No evidence of misappropriation?
No fiscal irresponsibility?

If that's the case, why is it newsworthy?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

No evidence of misappropriation?
No fiscal irresponsibility?
Can't tell from the information provided. It just says that was the amount of errors which were corrected.

"The total amounts of errors corrected in HUD’s notes and consolidated financial statements were $516.4 billion and $3.4 billion, respectively," the auditors wrote.

If that's the case, why is it newsworthy?
Because it makes Carson look awesome.

edit on 4/6/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Okay...but you said "you can't be that negligent on accident" which I took to also be your point, which is why I commented that it wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that people working for HUD were in fact that negligent. Wasn't really trying to debate about it.

Perhaps they weren't "accidentally negligent" to that degree, but more apathetically negligent.

Brewster's Millions.

I'm pretty sure that they have to spend all the budget to keep getting the same amount or so every fiscal year.

So, 1 month left and the couple bil still in the bank has to be spent.

Lots of opportunity for skimming and shuffling.

Checking out the contracts would be a start, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join