It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would President Obama order surveillance of the Trump campaign?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

FISA evidence was well known by the night after the tweets came out. It was just covered up by the Obama bun kissing news networks. The same ones who lied to you about Trump having no chance of winning.

If you had gone to other TV networks or the web you would have known this.

It was covered by the other networks; you would have known that if watched them. It was Trump who turned revelations about investigations into illegal activities by some of his campaign staffers into a personal attack on him. That's narcissism for you.

Ask yourself this: when President Nixon felt the need to spy on his rival candidates, did he ask the FBI or CIA to do it? No, he recruited some freelancers for plausible deniability. Do you really think that Obama is less cunning than Tricky Dick? And yes, that is a loaded question.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In response to the thread title, because obama, the clintons, and all her foreign donors, expected hillary to win and were not willing to allow otherwise. That is why they rigged primaries, rigged debates, did all the things we all watched them do. They underestimated the backlash for 8 years of sheer stupidity. After seeing the kind of people the ruling democrats are it amazes me that anyone could believe they would have access to this intel and not avail themselves of it. obama and the clintons are firmly entrenched in the "we can get away with anything" camp. I am sure they fully expected to get away with this too and just wave it off with a smart ass comment and a smirk.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

In response to the thread title, because obama, the clintons, and all her foreign donors, expected hillary to win and were not willing to allow otherwise.

Exactly my point. If they were so positive she would win, why did they need to spy on Trump's disaster of a campaign? There was a revolving door of managers, some of whom were already under investigation as agents of foreign influence.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

In response to the thread title, because obama, the clintons, and all her foreign donors, expected hillary to win and were not willing to allow otherwise.

Exactly my point. If they were so positive she would win, why did they need to spy on Trump's disaster of a campaign? There was a revolving door of managers, some of whom were already under investigation as agents of foreign influence.

I see you are shifting from your previous uninformed position that Trump was up against 16 others when the surveillance started.

At the time the surveillance started, Trump had already won the Primary and had just overtaken Hillary Clinton in the polls.

edition.cnn.com...

Hillary Clinton's claims of Russian hacking came at the same time, when she saw she was losing.
The motivations for spying become clear when you look back at what was actually going on. The Democrats were afraid they were going to lose control.

Not bad for a disaster of a campaign, especially when he actually won. lol. Some disaster.

edit on 6/4/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

At the time the surveillance started, Trump had already won the Primary and had just overtaken Hillary Clinton in the polls.

Oh? When did the surveillance start, and what is your source for that information?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Comey said the the counter surveillance started in the summer under oath.
The FBI Has Been Investigating Trump’s Russia Ties Since July

www.theguardian.com...

Rice confirmed in her interview that unmasking started in the summer.

from 8:00.

"Well, Andrea, from basically August through the end of the Administration, we were hearing more and more, getting more and more information about Russian interference in our electoral process.

It's becoming clear that the Russian story was a cover because the Democrats were panicking. They had just seen Trump nominated as the Republican candidate and seen his poll numbers sky rocket off the back of an excellent convention, bypassing Clinton.
edit on 6/4/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

(post by Restricted removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That's when they started investigating the claims of Russian interference. At that point it would be logical to start unmasking the individuals who turned up on Russian surveillance. It also does not rule out the possibility that some of the campaign staff, like Paul Manafort, were already under investigation. Still no reason to believe it was designed to access information about campaign strategies.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
It's like the entire upper tier of Trump Tower renters are now running our country.

I shudder to think who would be running the country if the opponent had won.

Saudi Arabia?
The UN?
The EU?

I personally prefer America be run by American Capitalists.
At least our interests are parallel rather than in conflict.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I shudder to think who would be running the country if the opponent had won.

At the moment, no-one appears to be running the country. After suggesting that the United States should co-operate with Russia and the Assad government to fight ISIS, it is now swinging around to condemning the Assad government. Meanwhile, Russia is beginning to hint that it is willing to let Assad go. Interesting times.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I just read an article about this in The New York Times. First the CIA got involved and was looking into Russia influencing the election. Probably in the summer or earlier. After Russia leaked E-mails damaging to Democrats but not e-mails damaging to Republicans (Russia hacked both the RNC and the DNC) and a few other things, the CIA changed its assessment to Russia interfering with the election to get Trump elected.

The CIA noticed Trump associates talking with Russians connected to Putin and asked the FBI to look into it more closely since the FBI is in charge of domestic affairs.

I think the investigation began turning up the most suspicious stuff on Trump after he was elected and before he was inaugurated. Although more findings might be made even in the present or future.

The Gang of Eight was briefed by the CIA on Russia's influence in the election before Comey announced they were reopening Clintons email case.

The investigation into Trumps Russia ties by the FBI is still ongoing, and it is part of a counter-intelligence investigation so it could go on indefinitely.

I think I read somewhere that Obama was worried about the incoming administration covering up the investigation.

New York Times
edit on 06pmThu, 06 Apr 2017 20:46:03 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 06pmThu, 06 Apr 2017 20:47:06 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Tactics like that were the reason they were so sure she would win. They could not have believed she would win because she was a better candidate... If they believed that they wouldn't have had to rig the primaries.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Tactics like that were the reason they were so sure she would win. They could not have believed she would win because she was a better candidate... If they believed that they wouldn't have had to rig the primaries.

Right! And now, Bernie's agenda is being presented again.

Sure, the DNC blocked him. He stayed in the Senate. He's on the committees that matter for his agenda. He is now presenting bills that are HIS AGENDA.

edit on 4/6/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: ETA: Now that the clown show is over.........

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Because his party can't win an honest election which is why they rig primaries,cheated at debates, and rigged voting machines(California people where CLinton got near 1 million more votes than Obama did).

The end justifies the means.

And spying on political opponents was a part of that.

We saw what the IRS did.

We saw what the DOJ did to journalists.

Trump haters can't deny all of it.

Doesn't change anything.

Trump critics still like petty little sore losers latching on to anything to confirm their bias.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Because his party can't win an honest election which is why they rig primaries,cheated at debates, and rigged voting machines(California people where CLinton got near 1 million more votes than Obama did).

And spying on political opponents was a part of that.

We saw what the IRS did.

We saw what the DOJ did to journalists.

Trump haters can't deny all of it.

Doesn't change anything.

Trump critics still like petty little sore losers latching on to anything to confirm their bias.

Would it make any difference to ask for actual evidence for that pile of nonsense, or shall we just write it off as your opinion and move on?
edit on 7-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noteds

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sure when yall provide proof Trump was a rapist, and cheated on his taxes, and is a Russian puppet.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yeah like blatantly lying about recent history.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Sure when yall provide proof Trump was a rapist, and cheated on his taxes, and is a Russian puppet.

Well "y'all" have never said any of that, so ... like I guessed no difference at all.

Puppets have strings or a hand up their ass.

Trump is more like one of those wind-up toys that just runs around in circles til it runs out of juice.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Trump is more like one of those wind-up toys that just runs around in circles til it runs out of juice.

There's a part of me that hopes someone picks this up and tweets it into his megalosphere......LOL!!!

Hey Donald --- you're like one of those wind-up toys!!!

What a dunce.
And a dud.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Well "y'all" have never said any of that, so ... like I guessed no difference at all.

Puppets have strings or a hand up their ass.

And people wonder why Trump critics aren't taken seriously.

Yall have nothing but ad homenims.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join