It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the LGBT community is making me (Liberal) not care about their struggle anymore.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Please, it's not anarchy

Actually, it is. Note the definition of Anarchy: "a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority."

"Not my president"......"F the police". Seems like it to me. I understand you may have a special feeling about anarchy, but it fits the definition, so....yeah. I stand by my statement.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

No, please don't associate this "Liberal Resistance" with us, it is NOT anarchy.

Saying "Not my president" and then asking to "Vote for change" is not anarchy or anarchist thought, asking to vote in more reformist and Capitalist, Corporatist, Statist, is not anarchy.

They are not asking to abolish the state, they are asking to be represented by their accepted version of authoritarian, that is NOT anarchy

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

They started losing my support when they kept adding letters to their acronym instead of just calling themselves "anything but completely heterosexual white males".

They completely lost my support when I personally got labeled as "Cis". What the hell is "Cis" and why the hell do we need frequently changing labels for freaking everything? I'm a woman... period!

Ridiculousness gets none of my support.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

As a member of the LGBT community I simply say

#notinmyname

The true LGBT agenda ceases at the point of equality. We gays have all but achieved that with marriage being a thing. The transgender folk are making inroads and really, their battle is one of recognition and acceptance. Apart from the ridiculous bathroom furore, their legal battle has not been as epic.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

"Marriage" hasn't achieved anything that resembles true equality, just more Statist sell-outs.

just another instance of liberalized hijacking of liberation to control the narrative and pander for votes

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I'm glad for that!!! I don't think your fight is really over yet though. I still hear stupid people say things in opposition to gay couples adopting children, but that's bound to come with time, too!

I don't think women's fighting is over, either. I do think wearing a vagina hat may be going in the wrong direction, I think my life would be better if I wasn't bombarded with images of practically naked women all the time. It really affects self esteem, I mean, imagine if everywhere you looked there were giant penises with catch phrases like "size matters"or "is she REALLY satisfied?" I think men would be asking women "do these shorts make me look small?" Lol. Even worse, there are still a lot of guys who feel that they can just touch a girl whenever they want. Then every time someone wants a hug you, you wonder if hes really just trying to grab your hips. Creeps. And now being feminist is a bad word when i just don't want to be viewed as a sex object.

I do think lumping multiple causes together generally hurts your cause because a lot of people will only agree with one or two causes but be put off by the rest of them... Except when protesting big, exploitive groups like the WTO or the G20... I mean, they pissed off so many people you really can't separate all the groups. Climate change is already too partisan. There are a lot of people who would be more willing to come on board if you reached out to the right- "Cut carbon by developing American technologies that reduce our dependence on foreign oil." "Preserve wildlife and green space for huntingand fishing." "Stop fracking, protect our cattle ranches from pollution." (Seriously cattle ranchers fight fracking after their cows die from the polluted water).

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Please understand that the fools who get in the news with all of this garbage are just that.. fools. The other fools are the media who promote this crap as if ALL gays are all about that stuff. Nope. Im terrible with all of the acronyms and all of that nonsense, but dont hate a group because of the fringe thats being shoved in your face 24/7. There are some GOOD folks who just happen to be gay or trans or whatever.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Why dislike a whole group because of a few? I see this day in and day out here now days; "I dislike __insert group__ because some one of their members did something __wrong, didn't agree with, etc_." to "I won't wear a __insert name or color__ of clothes because the __so and so group__ does it makes me look like them." or even " I won't wear a beard because it makes me look like __insert group_."

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
How the LGBT community is making me (Liberal) not care about their struggle anymore.

Sounds like a pathetic excuse for your own failings and lack of Love!
No one makes you do anything!
Who and what you are manifests itself.
Honesty is a Virtue of Love.
Don't believe your own excuses.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

Absolute true equality is actually a myth.

If we look at the alpha group that is always aimed at with equality issues (White males) we'll find that they too are discriminated amongst within themselves. Wealth is an obvious one, religion and level of education are others and so on and so forth.

Being allowed to marry, have a job and being able to safely be in public with my partner is enough to gain my gratitude.

If we continue to bemoan every little thing we find difficult in life, we border on being ungrateful.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

That chick in the second picture just wants to make me... "erm... never mind..."

Warmest

Lags

*Blushes* OOPS...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

They started losing my support when they kept adding letters to their acronym instead of just calling themselves "anything but completely heterosexual white males".

They completely lost my support when I personally got labeled as "Cis". What the hell is "Cis" and why the hell do we need frequently changing labels for freaking everything? I'm a woman... period!

Ridiculousness gets none of my support.

Yeah, you'll notice I never add the Q+ when I refer to LGBT.

Too much liberalism is bad because it does not set boundaries just as too much conservatism locks us all behind walls.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

That chick in the second picture just wants to make me... "erm... never mind..."

Warmest

Lags

*Blushes* OOPS...

Not that theres anything wrong with that!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss
Cute words. Will not stop me from condemning violent behaviour of the lgbt.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Cute words. Will not stop me from condemning violent behaviour of the lgbt.

Well, I wasn't really going for 'cute', which is why I love to hear other Perspectives!
Glad you liked them! *__-

Interesting thing about 'violent behavior' (other than that every strong left arm is God's strong left arm...) is that one man's 'violent terroristic behavior' is another man's American revolutionary heroes!
So, as "every Perspective has an equal and opposite Perspective", condemn that which you must!
Action must follow our Nature!

That which you condemn (or condone) will, if you do nothing long enough, pass! *__-

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I have to agree with you to a certain level. WAs the extremism of the mass the catalyst to the regicide of 1789, which led to democracy as we know it today?Ithink so.Would I compare the strugle of a gay person in America in 2017 to the one of the pleb of 1789 ? Never. Are we on the same page philosophically? Absolutely.

You are obviously very intelligent, but our minds diverge on thia issue.
edit on 102017Fridaypm430Fri, 07 Apr 2017 22:19:40 -0500America/Chicagov19 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 102017Fridaypm430Fri, 07 Apr 2017 22:20:50 -0500America/Chicagov20 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 102017Fridaypm430Fri, 07 Apr 2017 22:21:12 -0500America/Chicagov21 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Help people, why I can't make new thread?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Would I compare the strugle of a gay person in America in 2017 to the one of the pleb of 1789 ? Never. Are we on the same page philosophically? Absolutely.

I consider the struggle of the gay to equate with the struggle of any person attempting not to be beaten to death, not to be dragged behind pick-up trucks, not to be filleted with machetes, not to be tied with barbed wire in the desert and left to rot, and on and on ad nauseum!
It is a struggle merely to be left the fcuk alone while peacefully living your life.
It is the struggle to survive, much less to enjoy the same rights as those around you, in a society to which you, most likely, considerably contribute.
It is the struggle of any and all oppressed peoples, from the beginning to the end of oppression (and there WILL be an end!).
Hmmm, perhaps I am getting a bit dramatic, but, I think that I have shared one Perspective sufficiently.
Thanks for the convo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join