It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has The Democrat Party Found Its Next Barack Obama.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Absolutely we should, but let's not act like Christianity and Islam are in the same boat when it comes to oppression and intolerance. I mean main streams islamists are throwing gays of buildings and beheading punk rockers and it's 2017

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DBCowboy

Can we do the same for Christian politicians who start playing with Christian Doctrine?

Sure! Christians are fair game anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Bookmarking to revisit in 4 and 8 years.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Main stream "Islamists" are not throwing gays off buildings, ISIS, the Taliban and zealots are committing those atrocities and more. The more we bomb them and interfere the more we create opportunity for extremists to control, but I digress.

Main stream Muslims and Christians don't hurt people who don't fall in line with their doctrines, extremists do, like Pat Buchanan who wants to exile all gays to an island and let them starve to death.

edit on 4/4/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

No the Saudi government along with multiple others use those same tactics. Like I said, both deserve to be vetted to make sure the constitution comes first, but let's not act like the two are similar, because they aren't. Islam in its moderate form is extremely oppressive.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The ruling family is not moderate, they are extremists.

Islam in its moderate form is extremely oppressive.

Absolutely not true. Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Bahrain and several others all used to be progressive nations.
edit on 4/4/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If someone ran as a small government, low taxes, common sense person and they happened to be Muslim, I would vote for him or her.

But just because someone is any religion, does not nor should it justify a vote.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

That video was some funny #.

Yes, it was hyperbolic, but still brought-up many good points.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Indeed.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The average family is moderate and oppressive . Don't believe me? Go stay a week in even a modern ME country. Good bye pork, beer, shopping at the same grocery as them, going outside without your head covered, cooking during Ramadan etc I have family that lived there for almost 2 decades.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

The average family is moderate and oppressive . Don't believe me? Go stay a week in even a modern ME country. Good bye pork, beer, shopping at the same grocery as them, going outside without your head covered, cooking during Ramadan etc I have family that lived there for almost 2 decades.

I have long term friends I consider family ( my husbands first wife was Iranian...) who lives in Isfahan. Iran is muuuuuch more open to other religions and lifestyles than say : Saudi Arabia... our good buddies. When I was in Saudi YES a woman MUST be accompanied by a man and be covered.. they WILL go after you on the street. Ignorance is NO excuse. Hotter than the sun and you cant wear shorts or short sleeves.. not even a conservative dress to the knee.

Americans are fed a line of complete BS concerning the middle east mostly... During the Shahs rule Iran was as West as the US! Saudi.. never was. Yemen... never was. Etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Well at least we won't have to have 8 years of bitching about a secret Kenyan Muslim.

But really, they don't need another Obama when they could have a Bernie Sanders.

Yeah . This one is at least open about ties to radical extremism .

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Well at least we won't have to have 8 years of bitching about a secret Kenyan Muslim.

But really, they don't need another Obama when they could have a Bernie Sanders.

Yeah . This one is at least open about ties to radical extremism .

If his ties to radical extremism are confirmed... seems to me it should be political suicide to put this guy up as the face of the Dem party. No way they would do that.

Then again, Ive had the hell shocked out of me as of late...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Will Michigan women have their drivers licenses revoked if this Muslim guy wins?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Do you know what changed in the ME? We backed despots and extremist rebellions against the moderates, we had a proxy war with Russia and armed what would become al-Qaeda and then repeated the same mistake with ISIS, we continued to ignore or worse, support what Israel was doing to Palestine... we have only ever aided war lords and terrorists by creating the chaos and vacuums of power they needed in order to take over and lost way too many of our own in the process.

That's why moderates (and yes of course some extremists) are immigrating to the West, they want their freedom back. That's why we should stop falling for this "Culture War" nonsense and allowing fear and hatred to lend support to those that want us to be in a perpetual war that makes them rich and robs the rest of the planet of a peaceful future.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Will Michigan women have their drivers licenses revoked if this Muslim guy wins?

Man I hope so. They're crappy drivers.

I would hope that he wouldn't be so "militant".

link   

Apparently so. Great post DBCowboy as usual. What a pity if they actuallly start to back this person for office I bet they will but he wont have a chance.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

MB is basically a political party no different than the Republicans and Democrats... they've had their criminals same as we have.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

How is he the next Barack Obama?
I'm not getting the connection.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Once again, your version is a little more watered down then the real one.

"The Muslim Brotherhood is a religious and political group founded on the belief that Islam is not simply a religion, but a way of life. It advocates a move away from secularism, and a return to the rules of the Quran as a basis for healthy families, communities, and states.
The movement officially rejects the use of violent means to secure its goals. However, offshoots of the group have been linked to attacks in the past, and critics blame the Brotherhood for sparking troubles elsewhere in the Middle East. Many consider it the forerunner of modern militant Islamism."

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join