It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has The Democrat Party Found Its Next Barack Obama.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

His name is Dr. Abdul el-Sayed, a 32-year-old medical doctor who recently launched his campaign for Governor of Michigan, the election for which is in November 2018. If he wins he would be America’s first Muslim governor.

He speaks articulately, without an accent, inserts humor into his speeches at seemingly just the right moments, and he has the full backing of America’s powerful Muslim Brotherhood-linked network of Islamic organizations. In an interview with Al Jazeera, Sayed said Michigan voters are having “buyer’s remorse,” and that President Trump’s decisions “are at odds with deeply held American values, and distractions from real issues.” Sayed served as the executive director of the Detroit Health Department and Health Officer for the City of Detroit, appointed by Mayor Mike Duggan. At 30 years old, he was at the time of his appointment in 2015 the youngest health director in a major U.S. city.

Dick Manasseri, spokesman for Secure Michigan, a group that educates Michiganders about the threat of Shariah law, predicts that Sayed will at least win the Democratic nomination for governor. Sayed is highly educated, a Rhodes scholar who attended Oxford University in 2009 and became a practicing epidemiologist.

suckersonparade.blogspot.com...

So there's the story. A Muslim running for governor of Michigan.

Now here's my opinion; it's not a big deal if he stay's within the guidelines of the Constitution.

Sure, he's aligned himself with Muslim Brotherhood, the same organization responsible for the assassination of Sadat.

But hey, maybe times are different. If the good people in Michigan want this guy, then they should vote for him.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Weird. First time I've heard of him.

Given the whole Flint water fiasco and a R being in office now, it's not farfetched that a D will take it. However...MI turned red for the presidential election.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Well at least we won't have to have 8 years of bitching about a secret Kenyan Muslim.

But really, they don't need another Obama when they could have a Bernie Sanders.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

As you said, as long as he follows constitutional principles, more power to him.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Bernie has done absolutely nothing since he's been a politician. He won't go anywhere in a general election.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Google must not be a very good friend to you.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The problem I have is the medias insistence that this story is run with emphasis on his religion. A public servant being consistently linked to his religion is propaganda - in a country that prides itself on separation of church and state I find it funny that no-one has taken the media to task on this propaganda.

Here's an idea - why not vote on the persons character, his experience, his qualifications and his ability to unite all people to a common cause of a better, happier and more successful life?

No, let's just bang on about the fact he's Muslim, because all of a sudden religious affiliation is tolerated.

I can just see the tarded meltdown if a white catholic was supplanted in place of this black Muslim - we'd see Berkeley 2.0.

If he's the right person for the job, so-be-it.....let his constituents elect him. If he's the right person for the propaganda narrative then I'm sure we will have this person promoted and rammed down our throats like the London mayor.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What are you his campaign manager, or something?

It might take a generation before the masses forget about the strategies that got former President Obama elected. Not to mention how people are feeling by the next election cycle. Best way to tell, is who the media will be fawning over when the candidates throw their hats in.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Sure it is, hey remember when he screamed about the rich not paying their fair share and then only paid 13% haha he's a fraud

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It's all "identity politics" now.

It's not; can you serve the people well?
It's not; can you do the job?

It's all about religion, skin color and how many likes you get on Facebook.

I'm not a citizen of Michigan, so my say is moot.

Again, if he follows the Constitution, he might be a good governor.

If he starts playing with Sharia?

Then shove a size 12 up his ass and kick him out.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I suppose he deserves to be POTUS just because he's Muslim.

Wouldn't he be the 2nd Muslim POTUS if he made it that far?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Bernie has done absolutely nothing since he's been a politician. He won't go anywhere in a general election.

Cant do anyworse than Hillary.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm not voting for him. I am not going to vote for a doctor to run our state, he will have us all getting flu shots. he will give the medical industry authorization to get away with anything they want. Oh wait, it was Blanchard that did that already.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well I predict the Democratic party been taken over by and Islamic leadership and no is no such thing as a leadership that will not use religion to pursue agendas, specially when the religion in question have laws that can not work within the laws of our constitution.

Oh well, I guess if people wants him they will have him.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The problem I have is the medias insistence that this story is run with emphasis on his religion. A public servant being consistently linked to his religion is propaganda - in a country that prides itself on separation of church and state I find it funny that no-one has taken the media to task on this propaganda.

Here's an idea - why not vote on the persons character, his experience, his qualifications and his ability to unite all people to a common cause of a better, happier and more successful life?

No, let's just bang on about the fact he's Muslim, because all of a sudden religious affiliation is tolerated.

I can just see the tarded meltdown if a white catholic was supplanted in place of this black Muslim - we'd see Berkeley 2.0.

If he's the right person for the job, so-be-it.....let his constituents elect him. If he's the right person for the propaganda narrative then I'm sure we will have this person promoted and rammed down our throats like the London mayor.

Islam and the Quran are counter to many US Constituional principles and Western freedoms. It is no secret the goal of Islam is replacing Western freedoms with Sharia Law. For this reason, it is important that voters are informed. I could certainly vote for a Muslim, I would just need to know the candidate is not tied to Sharia Law...well, and not a Democrat (or locked into the current Democratic platform).

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Religious affiliation has always been tolerated. People have the freedom to believe whatever they want to believe. In politics, it has been popular to talk about one's religion, especially on the Right.

White Catholic/Christian is the accepted norm and has been for some time.

Do you know much about US politics?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Next Barack Obama?

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Leftist fight. . . . .

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Can we do the same for Christian politicians who start playing with Christian Doctrine?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

More like "Culture War" politics now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join