It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisia shuts nightclub over call to prayer remix

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Tunisian authorities have shut down a nightclub and begun an investigation, after a DJ played a remix recording of the Muslim call to prayer, an official said Monday.

Two European DJs played at the party on Friday as part of a music festival near the popular resort of Hammamet.

“After confirming the facts, we decided to close this nightclub” until further notice, Nabeul governor Mnaouar Ouertani told AFP.

He said an investigation had been opened and the club’s manager detained “for violation against good morals and public outrage against modesty.”

"We will not allow attacks against religious feelings and the sacred,” Ouertani said.

Tunisia shuts nightclub over call to prayer remix

I gotta be honest.
This one shocked me.

When I mention Islam, you think "tolerance", correct??
What a shocking story this is...
Everyone knows Islam is the most tolerant, kind, liberal, open-minded, science embracing, feminist, LGBT-friendly, democratic ethos on earth...

In short, Islam LOVES fun...

So color me shocked at this story.
It defies everything we know about high minded Islamism...

-Chris

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
When in rome.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
When in rome.

Please explain that statement to the "migrants" in Germany.

Sincerely,
Germany's Terrified Citizenry

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Would that kind of music and expressing of dance even be tolerated by the Muslim fanatical fundamentalists?

Seems to me its rather hypocritical to promote the "Muslim call to prayer" via such a medium.

That being said shutting down clubs just because of the DJs choice of rhyme seems rather excessive.
LoL
edit on 4-4-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
When in rome.

When in America.

But no one cares about America. Everyone has a right to their culture besides America. It must bend to foreign will, or it be damned.

Can you imagine a Christian getting angry over a hymnal remix? Nope. Most would consider the creativity refreshing. Smirking and laughter would be the consensus reaction - aside from a couple of old fools who don't understand the liberty of Christianity.

Islam offers its adherents so much material to make themselves angry. No wonder the extremists commit suicide. It's hell being a Muslim.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Like I said in the op, Islam LOVES fun...and science...especially science...

-Chris

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Given how my favorite KPOP star was treated after people MISTAKENLY thought part of a verse was used in the background of her song, and all the death threats she got, I see how seriously they take the "sacredness" (Not sure if that's the right word) of their prayers and songs. I'm not surprised at all.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Well they were responsible for the introduction of the notion of Zero never mind that fact that they retaught the western world the science of astronomy.

But the sharia law following crowd don't exactly hold with our ideologies regarding musical expression or dance, point of fact they would see you stoned dead for such expression.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Theres no expalining to some people

If a muslim DJ came to england and played a dance remix of kumbaya nobody would give a #. We have more to think about than something so insignificant.

Different cultures, differnt way of thinking, different ways of life. And they mix together as good as oil and water

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well they were responsible for the introduction of the notion of Zero never mind that fact that they retaught the western world the science of astronomy.

But the sharia law following crowd don't exactly hold with our ideologies regarding musical expression or dance, point of fact they would see you stoned dead for such expression.

"Zero" came of sumer as was pre-islam...in tandem Mayan iconography uses "0"

I could go on but know that islam LOVES science...

-Chris

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Actually the concept of Zero was invented independently by numerous different civilizations but it was indeed Muslims that introduced the west to the notion.

Science and sharia law are in no way synonymous with one another. Point of fact sharia law is logically inconsistent hence incompatible with the notion of scientific progress, or any other form of progress for that matter other than religion.

So Muslims may indeed in brace science but not the fundamentalist religious variety.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Look, above you!!
You'll see my op flying over your head

-Chris

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

And yet when someone on ATS said that on 'Vietnam veterans day' thousands would burn the American flag, many on ATS talked very candidly about what they would do to someone burning the flag in their presence, why do you judge one group of people for doing something socially unacceptable to Americans against someone doing something equally socially unacceptable in their country?

Or or you just being anti Muslim because you want to be and ignoring what happens in your own backyard?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well you seem to have forgot to add Indian number system hence my point Zero was invented independently by many different civilizations.

Still don't agree that the Muslim nations of our world in brace the notion of scientific progress in the same manner as we do, certainly not in this day of age, and that's a shame because scientific study and education generally dispel the notion of religious ideologies.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

And yet when someone on ATS said that on 'Vietnam veterans day' thousands would burn the American flag, many on ATS talked very candidly about what they would do to someone burning the flag in their presence, why do you judge one group of people for doing something socially unacceptable to Americans against someone doing something equally socially unacceptable in their country?

Or or you just being anti Muslim because you want to be and ignoring what happens in your own backyard?

I have a fence or nothing goes on in my backyard.

Anti Muslim???
I perish the thought of mocking the prophet and his beloved Aisha, mother of all believers...
Ok, sure Aisha was 6 when mohamed(53) married her but [insert moral relativist liberal argument here]...

-Chris

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well you seem to have forgot to add Indian number system hence my point Zero was invented independently by many different civilizations.

Still don't agree that the Muslim nations of our world in brace the notion of scientific progress in the same manner as we do, certainly not in this day of age, and that's a shame because scientific study and education generally dispel the notion of religious ideologies.

Did u read my post...
I wrote "I could go on" which meant I could continue citing examples of "zero" being used but my point was clear...
"Zero" was entirely pre-Islam...

-Chris

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I don't think he touched her until she was 9, different times different ideologies, although non the less repugnant by today standards.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I don't think he touched her until she was 9, different times different ideologies, although non the less repugnant by today standards.

Lol
And there's the moral relativism...

-Chris

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yes ok lets stop arguing about who invented Zero, ile cede that one to you.

They majority of the religion or persons who support the fundamentalist side of the religion still don't hold with scientific progress through, that's pretty much a given.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Progress is apt to happen through and its not like morality and religion go hand in hand however much it may claim to profess so. And thats any religion not just the Muslim faith.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join