It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump can now tap money from his business, raising ethics concerns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The secret service and travel costs are unnerving, but Trump is a known workaholic. Even when golfing, he's working.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It's Called Capitalism , and it's Back . Get Used to it .

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I can't believe we've reached such a collective pause in critical thought that people don't understand why this is a problem. Trump can literally run the nation according to the best interests of his businesses.

Exactly.

He is scamming the country and his minions are applauding it.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

if it were a problem it would have been made illegal before Trump took office.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

It's called Plutocracy, and it's been around for while. Get ready for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I was thinking ....

What if ....

Donald had to take the salary that comes with the job!

So he donates it as he said he would ...

Then yells out one day ... "I don't have any spending money!"

So he gets some money from the businesses that he spent his life building.

It is his wealth after all and we can see where it came from.

Let him spend it, it is supposed to trickle down, isn't it.

P

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

It's called Plutocracy, and it's been around for while. Get ready for it.

As Long as the President lets the Hard Working People in this Country " Wet Their Beak " with a New Posterity , I do not care what a Billionaire does with his Money .

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Right....Go tell that to a child who still believes that laws still apply to people in power, because I'm not child anymore.

BTW, it's against policy and even against the Emoluments Clause and there are already people who are trying to take this to court. But you see, when your president of a nation of morons who think Presidents can and should be able to do whatever the hell they want, it's difficult to actually make the laws have any effect.

But keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy. I'm sure Trump appreciates your support and your ignorance and your lack of holding him responsible for the things he says he'll do.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

He is probably embarrassed to meet people if interest in washington due to the crazy behavior. Smart to meet people off site for meetings. Lots of people meet away from their workplace for business meetings.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

(post by mOjOm removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Right....Go tell that to a child who still believes that laws still apply to people in power, because I'm not child anymore.

If there were a law being broken.....

BTW, it's against policy and even against the Emoluments Clause and there are already people who are trying to take this to court. But you see, when your president of a nation of morons who think Presidents can and should be able to do whatever the hell they want, it's difficult to actually make the laws have any effect.

But keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy. I'm sure Trump appreciates your support and your ignorance and your lack of holding him responsible for the things he says he'll do.

Its all up for debate. Until there is a ruling or a law put in place....its just the hens squawking in the house.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Trump donated his first pay as president today.

Has that been mentioned?

(post by mOjOm removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Lol.

Your going nuts because a President donates his salary and then draws from his own hard earned money ...

Meanwhile ...

The rest of the political circle jerks are continually bribed for their votes ... its legal though because they made it legal ... and you're stuck on a guy spending his own money.

You are just another one having hissy fits because he won against all odds.

P

edit on 3/4/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This comes across to me as Trump being punished for his wealth and success. He is now not able to spend any of his money without tripe like this.

just admit it....you guys hate him because he's wealthy and flaunts his wealth. So he needs to have an additional set of rules so he'll learn.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

of all the trump complaints, this is the flimsiest.

Im not a fan of his vacations given his harsh critique of presidents leaving the white house....but had he not mentioned it i'd have cared much less.

Of all the Trump complaint threads , this one is the most inane .
A person cant use money from their own companies ? Next thing you know , employers will cancel wages for everyone.

(post by mOjOm removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com... ing-anyone/

To anyone familiar with the blind trust agreements signed by government officials, however, this is nonsense. Almost every trust agreement signed by U.S. government officials authorizes distributions upon request of the official for whom the trust is established.

Importantly, this is the only form of communication with the Trustee that doesn’t require written disclosure with the Ethics Committee. Just like Trump’s trust, the Senate model trust doesn’t require disclosure of requests for distributions.

There’s a very good reason why both agreements allow government officials to request distributions from their trusts without requiring any prior disclosure: that’s what the law says. The requirements for a blind trust for government officials are set out in the Ethics in Government Act of 1978. The law bars most communications between government officials and their trustees but it explicitly allows for requests for distributions.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

When you are president you are supposed to be separate from you private business dealings while acting President. You get them back when you're done.

Don't you remember when this came up earlier. It was only months ago. He brought out that big stack of papers on the table but wouldn't let anyone see them and made a big deal about it. Then he said he was putting his sons in charge and he wasn't going to be involved in his businesses so he could, ummmm, oh yeah, act as President of the Nation???

Any of that ring a bell???

Well, he lied. That isn't what he did. Jesus. Nobody is saying it's the end of the world here, but GD are you capable of admitting to seeing a lie when you see one for once??? I know it's your Messiah, Lord Trump and all but FFS are you really that far under his spell???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join