It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sad day for us all.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am so sad to read this.
My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends (and fellow Mods).

Still reeling from the loss of my friend's mother in real life, only to lose a fellow ATS-family member as well.
Rest in peace.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So sorry for his friends and loved ones.
Hoping they find strength and peace along the way.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
My condolences to all who who knew Masqua...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Very sorry to hear of his passing.That was an interesting link,to read about his life and background.Seems he was a really top guy too,from a good family.My condolences and sypathy to all his loved ones and friends.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
His fantastic art will live on to inspire minds and hearts. I loved his art, and boy did he love to talk about it. In his portfolio he has a gorgeous painting of a fishing boat--it is identical in every respect to a boat I worked aboard when I was in my early twenties...

I wanted that painting, as badly as I've ever wanted anything of that nature. So, I figured, noting ventured, nothing gained, like a painting I really, really wanted...so I asked.

He very politely told me no, he'd painted it for someone in his family, his brother, I believe, and that it wasn't for sale. That started a month of back and forth emails and PM's about art, and his grandkids, his art. He was, and is, a wonderful man. Now I'm going to go cry a bit, then go on. It's what my friend Tony would want me to do.

Bye, Tony. Gonna miss ya.

JAK

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime,
And, departing, leave behind us
Footprints on the sands of time ;

Footprints, that perhaps another,
Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
A forlorn and shipwrecked brother,
Seeing, shall take heart again.

And again I post this. But it is beautiful thing and, here again, such a well fitting tribute.

Goodbye then Masqua, you great man.
edit on 2/4/17 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hii Jacy,hug you my friend! The mother of one of my daughter's best friends since childhood, recently and unexpectedly passed too.What a horrid shock,she was just 51 years old,same as me.She was a really nice woman,a wonderful wife and mother,and a brilliant pharmacist.Wicked sense of humour too,my daughter worked with her in the dispensary for the past year-and of course,having known the lady since childhood it is just horribly sad

edit on 2-4-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Another empty seat at the ATS table. The seat of Masqua. One of the kindest, wisest people I've ever known.

This is very, very sad news.

Words fail me. So I'll leave with the words of Vincent:
“Just as we take the train to go to Tarascon or Rouen, we take death to go to a star.”

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart,
and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

-Joy and Sorrow - The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran

Rest in Peace, Masqua

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I remember him from way back.
Smooth sailing...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I did not know him. Though I am saddened by his going away, I am certain he is in a better place.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Crakeur

Ummm...say hello for us to the other side Masqua...not content yet to travel such a path now...one day we too will sojourn with you there as well...
One by one...as time wraps us too in it's final inevitable embrace and carries us there beyond the veil...may we indeed be well met...
May we greet as friends...clasp hands we were not privileged to shake here...as you again show us the right path...

Be well my friend...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's hard to read this

What a loss -

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear that. I liked him. He was cool.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I did not know him, but I send my condolences to all that knew him and his family. RIP

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Really sorry to hear this. Him and I had some interesting conversations from time to time. He will be missed.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
While i'd never I think had any contact with him......the feels go out to family and friends

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This world always seems a bit darker when the light of a genuine good soul has gone from it. You never really know the void a person leaves behind until they are gone.

Gone home.

Godspeed Masqua

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

My heart is hurting today. I love you, masqua. What a very special person... I will miss you forever.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
My condolences . May he rest in peace .
I think the last mod warning he gave me was for asking if mr.shillington was actually a poster-bot ! I think it was masqua anyway ..
Its common if not usual practise that when informing of someone's death then some indication of the cause or nature of passing is referred . People prefer to know what's happened ?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join