It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA defends pat-down of Texas boy; countless others creeped out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
TSA defends pat-down of Texas boy; countless others creeped out

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is defending an officer’s pat-down of a boy at a Texas airport that outraged his mother and thousands and thousands of people who viewed her Facebook posting on the incident.

For at least two minutes, the TSA officer at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport gives the boy a going-over that just seems a little too thorough.

TSA defends pat-down
Not sure I should share the video, with adding a discretion warning for some, for now see the source for that.

“He set off NO alarms,” Williamson writes on her Facebook page. “He physically did not alarm at all during screening, he passed through the detector just fine. He is still several hours later saying ‘I don’t know what I did. What did I do?'”

The disabled boy was frisked beyond thoroughly to the point of trauma.

Didn't see this posted yet. This is an example of how much of a concern the TSA has become when it has to be with personal rights being violated on top of that defending it. Being, namely children, subjected to such invasive treatment means that the terrorists have won.

Additional source See here

edit on 30-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: correction

edit on 30-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: wrong link

edit on 30-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: corrections

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Why is the first link going to some page about the anarchist cookbook?
I don't want that # on my machine. Very uncool! # U bro!
edit on 30-3-2017 by jafo1973 because: Obvious.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

Why is the first link going to some be about the anarchist cookbook?
I don't want that # on my machine. Very uncool! # U bro!

News link was mixed up with that. Don't worry it's just a news link not a source that can hurt anything.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

I don't think he meant to. And that article is about the death of the author of that book.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Okay sorry if I overreacted. TC.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

Alright... Apparently am having a lot of trouble with links today sometimes happen when I author threads on a latop.
Thoughts on the topic?
edit on 30-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Joe Biden wonders what the big deal is.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
As much as I hate the whole security bull crap at airports and try to avoid flying at all cost, even if it means lost of time and comfort, we can't have it half way. It is either all or nothing.

I am not condoning what happened, but our sensibilities are going to be our downfall. Terrorist have no respect for women, children, or the elderly.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
As much as I hate the whole security bull crap at airports and try to avoid flying at all cost, even if it means lost of time and comfort, we can't have it half way. It is either all or nothing.

I am not condoning what happened, but our sensibilities are going to be our downfall. Terrorist have no respect for women, children, or the elderly.

Assuming the mother and son couldn't avoid flying or perhaps did not know about these issues with the TSA that happen to people. These was a woman and her daughter(being treated foe cancer and flying was the best option for them) that was psychically abused by the TSA.

They have it their way already in every airport there's little to none with regards to get around that if flying is the main option, now they continue to push boundaries because they can. Where does it end? TSA should not be defending this behavior.

Correct the terrorists have no respect for women, children and the elderly. Guess the option was the allow employees of the TSA to do the same. Yes, the terrorists have won.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Yes, the terrorists have won.

They won the moment we allowed this BS, the moment we allowed ourselves to be herding into lines with shoes in hand.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Besides TSA never stopped any tourist incident, they let a handgun get thru (ATS thread today).

Screw them, nothing is worth the kind of indignity they suffer upon people.

Video in the article...

CNN

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hey guys molestation, cancer and athletes foot is a small price to pay to travel.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
That video is disturbing. There was no need for that TSA agent to go over and over and over the same areas, especially the sensitive areas.
That TSA agent actually has the look of the kind of person who enjoys young children, and he needs to be in jail.

That is the kind of job that would attract people who like to pat down young children.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Assuming the mother and son couldn't avoid flying or perhaps did not know about these issues with the TSA that happen to people. These was a woman and her daughter(being treated foe cancer and flying was the best option for them) that was psychically abused by the TSA.

They have it their way already in every airport there's little to none with regards to get around that if flying is the main option, now they continue to push boundaries because they can. Where does it end? TSA should not be defending this behavior.

Correct the terrorists have no respect for women, children and the elderly. Guess the option was the allow employees of the TSA to do the same. Yes, the terrorists have won.

On the flip side, my wife works for an airline so I fly with my toddler son a lot, and I have never once had an experience with TSA that was even close to inappropriate or uncomfortable in any way for either of us. I am willing to bet I have flown more with him in the last year than many their entire lives. That has to count for something does it not?

That isn't a defense of anything what so ever, simply another anecdote to hers that tells an entirely different story. Which may make me believe it isn't a TSA issue, but a personnel issue.
edit on 3/30/2017 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

originally posted by: dreamingawake

On the flip side, my wife works for an airline so I fly with my toddler son a lot, and I have never once had an experience with TSA that was even close to inappropriate or uncomfortable in any way for either of us. I am willing to bet I have flown more with him in the last year than many their entire lives. That has to count for something does it not?

That isn't a defense of anything what so ever, simply another anecdote to hers that tells an entirely different story. Which may make me believe it isn't a TSA issue, but a personnel issue.

Your wife works for the airline, enough said, that brings immunity because you know someone in the industry considering the fact that the TSA and others know so would help. Not to say they may know 100 percent of the time each time.

Would this boy have gone through the same if his mom worked for the airlines? No, of course not. Unless the agent in question was that much of pervert didn't care if he knew who the boy's family was.

Why would this boy be targeted though? Seems less than personal here.
edit on 30-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Considering he's only wearing t-shirt and shorts, that's a lot of stroking.

Once would have been plenty.

What could possibly be under his little shorties that warrants another 5 gropings?

I don't think he was being thorough. I think he was being a paedo.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Guys, they're just keeping us safe from terrorists and bad hombres.
Like our president...is.
edit on 3/31/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Maybe the fact he was being filmed had him doing it by the book. Seemed like a thorough pat down to me.

People are so sensitive to the slightest thing these days, So what if the guys finger brushed against the kids nuts. TSA are supposed to pat down all areas, If they dont they aint doing the job correctly and what would be the point of Airport security.? If it makes you uncomfortable having someone wearing a rubber glove brush past your Johnson or vag, maybe airports aint for you.

I can see where the girl with the breast cancer could have cause for complaint but there are other ways of how you deal with these sort of things. Crying like a child and getting all defensive is not going to help.

Oh, And just for the record, It appears to be the adults in these videos who are doing all the bubbling and acting all traumatised. The children seem fine.

I'm pretty sure those making the complaints would nod in approval if it was only Arab looking men and women being patted down.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Female passengers get tapped down by female agents right? Maybe kids under 18 should be the same. Somewhat it feels more acceptable.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Maybe a Texas Ranger needs to pay a visit to the TSA agent's home and arrest him for child molestation, let's get this whole thing in court and set some judicial bounds.

If the agent has written protocols, great. If he's winging it, he can register as a sex offender.

eta: and if his supervisor(s) told him too, great! Nothing like a 5 year minimum mandatory for conspiracy to change people's behaviors in future.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join